The first two weeks of the GT4

Chris-p

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, a bit overwhelmed. Its obviously a very big occasion for us being the biggest purchase we have ever made. Cost more than the house we have owned since 1993! @StevepGT3 the funny thing is I get buyers remorse buying a slab of beer ! But handing over the cash for this there was not a moments hesitation in thinking have I done the right thing!

Glad I am able to share the experience with such a great group of people, thanks to you all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Amanda. Just got it back from Race Wrap so has its protective film on now. All happy...

It's a good feeling to get the wrap on, isn't it?  I don't like do drive too far or fast until the new baby is protected.

It's a good feeling to get the wrap on, isn't it?  I don't like do drive too far or fast until the new baby is protected.

Sure is, I was very nervous driving it much until I got it wrapped. Even then driving it to get done, part of the freeway had just had a resurfacing and there was loose gravel everywhere, wasn't happy about that. Anyway it's all good, a couple of dust spots under the film but black is difficult to stop that happening but I would rather a couple of dust spots than a heap of stone chips all over it.....

Amsterdam is great so far although all I've seen is the inside of some 'coffee' shops, and now I have an extreme case of the munchies!

I'm sure there's more to see when I can extricate myself from this shop maaaan! <_<

Fixed it for ya

Nice review of the gt4

anybody else taken delivery of one?

Yep! :)

They are a ripping little thing. So much fun to drive. Although I must say I did take mine for a hills run last weekend but the car was FAR too capable for the roads I was on, so it felt like a restrained race horse the whole way that I could never really unleash fully. I think to really appreciate it the roads needs to be properly challenging (like Reefton etc) or else it needs to see a track again.

But the grip level is insane - you'd really struggle to use all of the available levels on the road.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark,

yes very much so! I have had the car 2 months last weekend and for a month of that have been traveling so haven't driven it as much as I would have liked but still managed to get 1100km on it. Next weekend I head off with a few of the guys for our annual trip to Canberra so will put another 1600km on it and by then should be run in. I haven't gone passed 5000rpm yet but can feel it's very strong but of course nothing like your 918 obviously.

My biggest concern when getting the car was whether I would feel as connected as I did with the 993 but can report a very strong connection. It gives lots of feedback and is just so precise in every way, whether that be the rifle bolt action of the gear shift or the instant turn in.

its a very fun car to drive. Even my wife Ann is enjoying it which has never been the case with any of my other cars.

You will love it and a big congratulations for getting an allocation, that must just about be one of the last builds.

best wishes

chris

I read all of the raving reviews but wanted to see one in the flesh. I was on the fence regarding the GT4 - until Sunday - when I looked over and heard Chris's car. What a beautiful machine it is - and the sound was glorious.

I get it now......I want one. 

Archived