My Porsche 928

ANF

Actually, no.  Tiaan wouldn't put the fatty boombah RS wheel in his 964.

Lol. I'm confused. I thought you had a 964 RS Style wheel on your 964, which you swapped out for Mod07. ...not that 'newer' RS style which you just posted on the 928.

ie...not so easy to buy online...

DSCN35871248297067.jpg

Lol. I'm confused.

Yes, you are.  :o

964 wheel (RS 964-993 version) went into the 928 (as per pic), Protipo went into 964.  Nomeclature, I guess.

Where did the 4 spoke RS wheel come into my equation?

Edited by KGB

Yes, you are.  :o

964 wheel (RS 964-993 version) went into the 928 (as per pic), Protipo went into 964.  Nomeclature, I guess.

Where did the 4 spoke RS wheel come into my equation?

Somewhere in my head, probably during a fever halucination.

Lol. I'm confused. I thought you had a 964 RS Style wheel on your 964, which you swapped out for Mod07. ...not that 'newer' RS style which you just posted on the 928.

ie...not so easy to buy online...

DSCN35871248297067.jpg

Is it not the same as a standard wheel just with a diff horn pad? Certainly looks it.....

• 2 weeks later...

Fun and games in 928 (fixing) land.... finally got all my injectors out of their intakes, they were extremely tight - needed heat and vice grips to remove the sleeves, now need new sleeves! This intake "refresh" is now costing a bit.... :o

Also got my speedo gear after a longer than expected wait, but it fits and works!! :D

My wife even commented that my 928 is becoming a money pit..... <_<  Catch up maintenance is a pig......

Looking forward to hopefully soon driving it!!

The naked valley of the V.... it really is a big beast of an engine, photos do not show how massive it looks all undressed.... a bit of cleaning up to do but not too much accumulated oil and debris for all the years....

IMG_20170210_095933.jpg

A bit more clearing, a few new hoses and lots of new seals to go in, will see it running sweet again :)

IMG_20170209_214250.jpg

Some progress, finally putting things back together :)

Inside throttle body was quite grungy! The black lumpy things are actually fly bodies!!

IMG_20170213_154030.jpg

Was pretty dirty all round inside.....

IMG_20170213_154251.jpg

Much better :)

IMG_20170213_171326.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome really!!

IMG_20170213_174543.jpg

Anyone who has a car this old (or older) and has not done this needs to! Especially a 928... :)

• 4 weeks later...

One final piece of the puzzle to solve..... a plea to any 928 aficionados out there!!

The metal vacuum line that runs from front of intake plenum to the transmission has a join in it above the start of the torque tube. This has come apart and needs a new hose joiner, I can see it and what I have to do but cannot access it from below (without pulling masses of things off!).

Any tips from those that have been here before?

Thanks

Edit - now fixed :)

Edited by ANF

• 4 weeks later...

Its just a "push on " vacuum hose ( it gives vacuum to the modulator ) , its a bit tricky to get to , but you can do it from underneath , on a M28;21/22 or an earlier one like you're s ( same vacuum set up )  , I just loosen off the heat shield above the front resonator & move it over a bit & with ( Long ) long hose pliers & new section / piece of high quality vacuum tubing of the correct internal diameter , you just replace it 

First time you do it its a bit difficult , but after decades of practice its easy

Edited by Buchanan Automotive

Its just a "push on " vacuum hose ( it gives vacuum to the modulator ) , its a bit tricky to get to , but you can do it from underneath , on a M28;21/22 or an earlier one like you're s ( same vacuum set up )  , I just loosen off the heat shield above the front resonator & move it over a bit & with ( Long ) long hose pliers & new section / piece of high quality vacuum tubing of the correct internal diameter , you just replace it 

First time you do it its a bit difficult , but after decades of practice its easy

Thanks Bruce, I actually did fix it. I used a piece of spring steel (from an old wiper blade) to make the vacuum hose rigid and a little bit of soap, did the trick nicely.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

New Radiator purchased and very soon to be fitted :)

IMG_20170529_102500_hdr.jpg

Still waiting for my new injectors to turn up..... they have been at the freight depot in Sydney (Fastway) since 28th April.... on hold waiting for correct delivery address. They did not bother to mention to the sender or myself of this fact!! Apparently they will not deliver to a PO Box! Would have been nice if the sender or their freight company had advised of this :PissedOff:

Must admit to having been caught out myself a few times, now I read a vendor's website like a hawk in regard to shipping detail.  Also name of courier/carrier usually indicates local POB practice.