Apartment living

JohnA

We are thinking of purchasing a 3 bedroom apartment to move into.

More a lifestyle change then anything else, so other then moving from a huge house to a shoebox, my main question is, how do you go about washing your car?

I dont want to be taking it to those hand car washes, as i know most couldnt care less about your car, so other then going to those self car washes with all your equipment, is there any other way?

Not sure i want to give up the porsche , or maybe i'll get rid of the black edition and get a white one

ha ha, that would be a sight....

Well we submitted an offer on the apartment today, so if they accept may have to ask the question, if i can wash my car using the communal tap, and get it in writing if they agree.

Otherwise maybe i'll keep looking.

when I lived in an apartment I would go to one of those coin operated wash bays - I would take my own buckets, soaps, cloths, mits, etc  and for $2 fill the buckets - then wash/rinse/dry, only using the gun for rinisng. Never spent more that $6. I would do it early and never got bothered or had someone behind me waiting

Therapy....

when I lived in an apartment I would go to one of those coin operated wash bays - I would take my own buckets, soaps, cloths, mits, etc  and for $2 fill the buckets - then wash/rinse/dry, only using the gun for rinisng. Never spent more that $6. I would do it early and never got bothered or had someone behind me waiting

Therapy....

I live in Richmond, if you did that at the Swan St BP washbays a Ricer would stab you, as even at 3am they're lining up to wash their cars!

I live in Richmond, if you did that at the Swan St BP washbays a Ricer would stab you, as even at 3am they're lining up to wash their cars!

LMAO

Nah, not if you did that with a 928; seperates the men from the ricer panzies. The 928 produces a forcefield along with adding 3 inches to your manhood

Lots of upmarket apartment blocks are now built with a car wash bay

well in sunny Sydney anyway

have emailed the developers asking the question...i do hope so, as i enjoy spending time washing and pampering my car

Lots of upmarket apartment blocks are now built with a car wash bay

well in sunny Sydney anyway

Melbourne is the opposite, we are designing apartment blocks that include '0' car parks - plenty of bike storage though and a vegetable patch + chicken coop where the car wash could go! :lol:

Would hate to be wanting to get my car out during "peak hour".... good concept, but a few have closed down due to problems  - taking way to long and damaging cars.   

no one works in Miami Chris - no peak hour. Everyone has 'alternative' incomes. Bit like Byron I guess :) 

I always wash at Swan St BP using the BYO method. I'm generally there at 7:45am before work when the bays are empty. 

Going through a similar thing in Sydney at the moment, downsizing, the must have list includes 2 secure car spaces.

At most of the ones we have looked at all seem to have wash bays and additional cage storage or are an internal lock up garage style.

Not sure what to do with the 3rd car though?

Archived