FS 2004 996 C4S

Hi guys. 

Before I stick it on Carsales I thought I'd put it out here to see if there's any interest. 

Im selling my immaculate C4S. 

Its a 2004 with 60,000 km, full history, just had the permanent LN Engineering IMS solution done, new clutch and flywheel plus major service. 

Silver over black- full leather, Techquipment wheels (as delivered), carbon handbrake and heartsick, short shift kit. New rears tyres. Just had AC regassed  

Paint is perfact, no hits, some chips on the front but you'd be worried if it didn't have ... Totally standard.

Some of you may recall from some posts of mine its only been bought 6 months ago but there's a good reason.  I've just bought something else and this one has to make way. 

Looking for 94500.00 with a RWC  

PM me if you want more detail and pics.  

I wish I could afford it.  Can we see some pics anyway?  I feel dirty asking..........

I'll get some tonight when I'm showing the car to someone interested (yes, you fence sitters remove the splinters and jump in!) and spend the next 5 hours trying to post 4 pics!!

Will do though.

I'll get some tonight when I'm showing the car to someone interested (yes, you fence sitters remove the splinters and jump in!) and spend the next 5 hours trying to post 4 pics!!

Will do though.

Feel free to email me the pics to load up for you!  No trouble.

• 2 months later...

Thanks.  It's a 140sqm space and I'm trying to fit 240 sqm of cars in it!  Another 4 poster is coming Tuesday.  I drive them all regularly so it's a bit like playing with a rubic cube if the one that's due for a walk is in the top corner with one under and 2 in front!  

Yes, yes, woe is me ...  I'll shut TF up now.

The C4S is a really nice car for anyone looking for a 996.  Yes, price is lower end of 997 but it's such a great looking ar$e.  Everybody will be looking at it and for once, you won't mind.

One of my mates told me that somewhere in the world it was voted best looking car.  A bit OTT (Hansi must have been 8 schnapps down when the votes were being counted).  It is a nice looking rig though.

GLWS Skidmarks - it's a beautiful looking example. I am super jelous of that garage (and what looks to be a nice collection) - good on you for getting them all out and enjoying them - nice work ! 

Thanks Higgo. Another 4 poster went in today. Had to move cars around thought the weather would hold so gave up on the car with the seat heating and took the 356 for a belt. Great little car. Smallest motor, revs to 4500 and its out for a duck, big cams and Webers, drums all round, its slammed, matt black with the red leather everything inside. I was scratching th hot rod itch when building that one. It's also the loudest of the bunch with its Bursch exhaust. Single not so pea shooter outlet. If you're gonna go, go big. Drove it to work and back. Waiting for spring. Rain and the front "wipers" doesn't mix!  RainEx would be better ...

Yes, I've managed to get together a nice selection of cars over the years and some of them are silly money now but I don't get those that don't drive them. Ultra low k cars are a bit of an oxymoron in my world. 

Have had a couple of calls on the C4S but nothing serious. Still, at my price I'm probably  showing myself to be more the buyer type than the seller!!!

I think it's the right money but one guy said it was a 60k car, another 80. Certainly not 60 (quoted the Red Book at me) but perhaps late 80's given I've heard a couple go around that price recently off market. 

I think it's the right money but one guy said it was a 60k car, another 80. Certainly not 60 (quoted the Red Book at me) but perhaps late 80's given I've heard a couple go around that price recently off market. 

Cannot stand these fools that insist on referring to the red book. 

I think you're close to the mark personally, great looking example that is owned by a true enthusiast. 

No way is yours a $60k car. I think late $80k's is where you're at. We're just used to Porsches flying off the shelves.

I think you're right there on all counts.  If someone got into the late 80's I'd be happy enough.

I think you're close to the mark personally, great looking example that is owned by a true enthusiast. 

Thanks Edgy.  Had a bit of a giggle when he said low 60's.  I said to him that if he finds one, let me know and if he doesn't, I'd buy it.  Conversation finished up pretty quickly.

If it doesn't sell, I have this germ of an idea ...

I've not modded a late model car.   

I've just acquired something else that comes with GT3 Clubsport seats and a nice Tequipment roll bar (that fits to seat belt mounting points). I'll be taking these out and replacing them with the correct Touring seats. 

So ...

Thinking of a bunch of things.

The list goes something like this:-

1. Fit CS seats

2. Fit roll bar

3. A set of BBS or Cargraphaphic wheels

4. Lowering springs - but no change to dampers

5. Headers and sport type muffler

6. Freer intake plenum and a mild rechip

7. Ducktail (?)

All reversible but fun.

Am I mad?  Anything else whilst we're at it!?  Must be reversible.

Thanks Edgy.  Had a bit of a giggle when he said low 60's.  I said to him that if he finds one, let me know and if he doesn't, I'd buy it.  Conversation finished up pretty quickly.

I've just acquired something else that comes with GT3 Clubsport seats and a nice Tequipment roll bar (that fits to seat belt mounting points). I'll be taking these out and replacing them with the correct Touring seats. 

So ...

1. Fit CS seats

2. Fit roll bar

3. A set of BBS E88's

7. Ducktail (?) - Cup wing :) 

All reversible but fun.

Yeah my dad taught me that early in the piece, when someone low balls you tell em you'll take 10 of them. :P 

And that mod list is pretty sound to me, I've helped you out a little. 

No way is yours a $60k car. I think late $80k's is where you're at. We're just used to Porsches flying off the shelves.

If you are selling that beauty for low 60's pelase PM me first.....

Wankers

So ...

1. Fit CS seats

2. Fit roll bar

7. Ducktail (?)

All reversible but fun.

If you want to move the GT3 seats and tequipment cage I know someone who'll take them.

So ...

1. Fit CS seats

2. Fit roll bar

7. Ducktail (?)

All reversible but fun.

If you want to move the GT3 seats and tequipment cage I know someone who'll take them.

Yeah my dad taught me that early in the piece, when someone low balls you tell em you'll take 10 of them. :P 

And that mod list is pretty sound to me, I've helped you out a little. 

Thanks for the tips. The E88's would be the business.  Cup wing?  You know I'm not that showy!  

If you are selling that beauty for low 60's pelase PM me first.....

Wankers

You'll need to take a number if I do that.  Yep, I'm tipping that those guys rate "Fists of Fury" as their favorite movie.

Let me see how I go with them in.  And if I go postal on pimping the C4S once I get bored with the tyre kickers then it's another story.

I know I should sell it and will if someone gets to within 5-10%.

Now there's a carrot for someone ....

Thanks for the tips. The E88's would be the business.  Cup wing?  You know I'm not that showy!  Thanks for the tips. The E88's would be the business.  Cup wing?  You know I'm not that showy!  

ok, GT3 fixed wing with RS wing blade. ?

didn't Hughsey buy one a few months back in Melbourne? You boys drove back together together (you in your GT3). Can't remember the sale price but pretty sure a '6' was involved ? You probably know mate?

didn't Hughsey buy one a few months back in Melbourne? You boys drove back together together (you in your GT3). Can't remember the sale price but pretty sure a '6' was involved ? You probably know mate?

I don't kiss and tell. ;) 

GREAT car though! 

The markets moved.  And the 6 was behind the 8 I suspect!!

So ...

1. Fit CS seats

2. Fit roll bar

7. Ducktail (?)

All reversible but fun.

Typo on Line 6 perhaps.  Replace with: Supercharger (a single snail is a waste perhaps???.  Did I read right you have just picked up an additional  2 laggy snails to beat on?), injectors, tune, GT3 82mm Throttle body and IPD plenum, upgraded clutch.

Typo on Line 6 perhaps.  Replace with: Supercharger (a single snail is a waste perhaps???.  Did I read right you have just picked up an additional  2 laggy snails to beat on?), injectors, tune, GT3 82mm Throttle body and IPD plenum, upgraded clutch.

You read right. I love puffers but big revving NA is good for the soul.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived