I were a bit suss on the ad.  When posted previously a couple of months back at $8.5K there were more pics and more details.

Why would you drop the price, remove photos, and less description if you couldn't sell it last time?

Seems more like a gumtree scammer that saved a photo to me.... could be wrong, but I wouldn't be sending anyone $$$ without seeing it in the metal with my own eyeballs.

Very tidy interior, late model front end might spoil it for the anoraks, could be a keeper with some negotiating.

There looks like there's some damage to the driver's side rocker panel in the first photo. Also, the headlight covers don't sit flush with the nose panel. I'd check carefully for evidence of body repairs that may not be up to scratch.

Overall, I feel not as attractive a proposition as the 1988 NA advertised for $15 in Mittagong that just sold -- particularly asking $5K more.

Edit: Also something going on with the front of the passenger side rocker panel in pic 13. Rusty car? A dreaded "UK import" perhaps?

The S2/turbo nose conversion, coupled with the misaligned headlight panels, has got me thinking it may have been in a front end collision, and the front end "upgrade" was done at that time. It would more sense economically to do it at that time. Just a possible scenario to consider.

In any case, I'd be doing a fair bit of due diligence on this one.

Edited by Plugger2

Cheap straight looking early car hard to tell in the photos real condition but at $4.5k....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sorell/cars-vans-utes/1982-porsche-944-coupe/1133115269

It looks like it's in Tasmania. How much would it be to ship it Australia? And what are the applicable import laws?

Edit: 3 speed automatic. DId this model come with a PDK option?

Edited by Plugger2

Cheap straight looking early car hard to tell in the photos real condition but at $4.5k....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sorell/cars-vans-utes/1982-porsche-944-coupe/1133115269

been sitting awhile in storage and offered to me about 8 weeks ago at 9k . Been getting cheaper on gumtree fortnightly. can't remember if all the service is current . 

2500 might be reasonable 

It looks like it's in Tasmania. How much would it be to ship it Australia? And what are the applicable import laws?

Edit: 3 speed automatic. DId this model come with a PDK option?

About $800 door to door (melbourne) for me. 

To Bris would add a good wad extra I guess.  Fly down, boat back to Melb, drive home - if she's good!

Haven't we seen this one before?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4356576?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

83 auto, asking $14500 or $16500 (depending where you read in the ad).

I can't believe the number of automatics out there. Everything coming on for sale at the moment seems to be series 1 and/or automatic. Slim pickings indeed.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4356576?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

I can't believe the number of automatics out there. Everything coming on for sale at the moment seems to be series 1 and/or automatic. Slim pickings indeed.

I think it's been up for a while. I've noticed Carsales sometimes re-sends you notifications of a "new" car after it's been listed for a while... Not sure why, based on something the seller does or some time period I guess.

It looks tidy but $14,500 for an auto pre 86, not the most sought after model so it will sit with the rest of them i guess, not bagging the pre 85.5 cars either, just saying they seem to be not as popular as the oval dash.

It looks tidy but $14,500 for an auto pre 86, not the most sought after model so it will sit with the rest of them i guess, not bagging the pre 85.5 cars either, just saying they seem to be not as popular as the oval dash.

I guess if people start getting desperate they will look to buy the auto then change out the gear box.

Seems to be a few of these autos just sitting there. 

I guess if people start getting desperate they will look to buy the auto then change out the gear box.

Seems to be a few of these autos just sitting there. 

I don't think so. Too much money. Too much work to change the transaxle for a pre 85.5 to make it worth it.

This isn't a just a less popular car it is the least desirable car. Too expensive even for a parts car. Maybe a track car shell, after you change the transaxle.

A 924 turbo, one that sold for 10ish, would be a better car. Spend the money adding an intercooler.

Too many other cars, and non P cars available which would be much better value!

Ops, hope the pre 86 auto listed car doesn't belong to a forum member, if so, I was only joking.

Apart from the Dash and power steering I think, what are the major differences, the engines are pretty much the same?

This to me seems good value for an auto 944 http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tolmans-hill/cars-vans-utes/porsche-944/1132875295 I would prefer to drive this around than something newer (no P car) with less character.....