Here's another 1988 manual S

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4471984

UK import, and body damage to boot. This can all be yours for $42,500.

I note the seller's name is Simon. Could that have anything to do with the somewhat optimistic valuation for a non-Aus delivered car I wonder?

I'm more confused about the 52,500 genuine documented k's ...... then goes on to say 144, 000 miles..... :blink:

Then says don't pay £20k + for a schmick example .....

That advert is written half in Australian and half in British ..... I'm not sure if the seller actually knows where he is .... :wacko::unsure:

Here's another 1988 manual S

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4471984

UK import, and body issues to boot. This can all be yours for $42,500.

I note the seller's name is Simon. Could that have anything to do with the somewhat optimistic valuation for a non-Aus delivered car I wonder?

Edit: And what's with the 144,000 miles vs "Only travelled 52545 km". Is that 52545 km since landing in Aus and having a km odo installed? That would make it a 311,000+ kms car!

I suspect Mum is going to have to put up with the three 944 S cars for some time yet...

He's 'avin a laff, it's got adjustable headlights maybe that's why it's  $22,500k overpriced, this will be for sale for a while, Mum won't be happy.

Things pretty uninspiring on the 944 carsales front. The LHD S has dropped its price to just under $15K.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4400046?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

Can't say I see value there (or much anywhere else).

It's pretty bleak out there at the moment if you are a 944 buyer. It makes me realise Jason E has done very well bagging that S2, even though it was a fixer upper!

Things pretty uninspiring on the 944 carsales front.

It's pretty bleak out there at the moment if you are a 944 buyer. It makes me realise Jason E has done very well bagging that S2, even though it was a fixer upper!

I am very happy with the S2 at the moment fellas.  Even though it has taken a larger chunk of my funds at the outset (& has shed loads left to spend fixing just about everything) I think it will make an absolute gem of a daily for me.  fixer upper is a bit of an understatement Plugger but I am certainly enjoying it so far.

Things pretty uninspiring on the 944 carsales front. The LHD S has dropped its price to just under $15K.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4400046?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

If the price gets low enough we could get a group together & purchase it for parts, sham that I am looking at it that way, Bad Port Bad Port Bad 

Now that the transaxle stigma is beginning to lift, the few that own good examples of the 180-odd Australian delivered 944 Turbos left are probably holding on to see how things play out. I reckon @michel's white example for sale is good buying if everything checks out. 

I am very happy with the S2 at the moment fellas.  Even though it has taken a larger chunk of my funds at the outset (& has shed loads left to spend fixing just about everything) I think it will make an absolute gem of a daily for me.  fixer upper is a bit of an understatement Plugger but I am certainly enjoying it so far.

Where is your picture thread Jason......?? :rolleyes:

Where is your picture thread Jason......?? :rolleyes:

Soon Adam....soon.  Just so busy with finalizing house build, moveing house & business, selling old house, baby, wife........ long way down the list (unfortunately because it would be the most fun) is my photos of the car -boo hoo me hey!!

Not thinking so . ...

I just bought a car from Victoria sight unseen and had it shipped ..... was in my driveway 4 days later.

Distance isn't a big issue anymore .....

Did you get a PPI done first or was the history on the car enough for you?