I have a1989 Australian delivered 944 Turbo and does not have split fold rear seats - single folding

Does anyone know numbers of 944 Turbos imported to Australia? Previous post days 110 in 1986 and none in 1987. Curious about numbers of the 250 hp versions in1989-1990

Rai

Rob is the guru...

To me they are different cars, one looks to be very original with a good service history and the other is not totally original from the photos and the comments of the seller.

It also seems the price reflects this on both cars, and maybe he has had some offers on the grey car and that's why he has dropped the price.

I have a1989 Australian delivered 944 Turbo and does not have split fold rear seats - single folding

Does anyone know numbers of 944 Turbos imported to Australia? Previous post days 110 in 1986 and none in 1987. Curious about numbers of the 250 hp versions in1989-1990

Rai

Here we go...

'86 110  (95GN1 VIN)

'87 0

'88 25  (95JN1) some "Turbo S" in these

'89 38 (250hp)  (95KN1)

'90 15 (250hp) (95LN1)

Note: The '90 MY 944Ts had the 928S4 big calipers, LSD and 250hp, but the coil-over Koni suspension was an option (extra cost, of course!). 

Plugger, my S2 has the split rear seats & is definitely Aus delivered.  I wonder if it was just an option you could order?

You could always check your option codes to see if there is anything corresponding there -- but I've never seen an option code for that. My understanding is that it is just one of the configurations decided upon for various markets (like the side markers and bumpers on US cars). The main thing about the single versus split folding seat arrangement is that you can't fit the "blind" on the split seat option. Perhaps the hatch blind was thought more appropriate for Oz conditions because it's sunnier here? In any case, I've only ever seen the split seats on UK 944s before. Just like Oz delivered S2 cabriolets always have the rear seat delete configuration, unlike the UK imports.

re: split rear seats & the boot cover.

'Perhaps the hatch blind was thought more appropriate for Oz conditions because it's sunnier here?'

Rumour has it that Porsche Technical Department commissioned a study that determined due to genetics Aussies are more prone to petty crime. Therefore a boot cover was thought appropriate. German over engineering?

From memory this car was advertised about 12 mths ago & didn't sell.....

It's back and he's also firm on price.

re: split rear seats & the boot cover.

'Perhaps the hatch blind was thought more appropriate for Oz conditions because it's sunnier here?'

Rumour has it that Porsche Technical Department commissioned a study that determined due to genetics Aussies are more prone to petty crime. Therefore a boot cover was thought appropriate. German over engineering?

You thieving bastards!:o

Love the last line .....

"Will consider selling for this price" ..... :wacko:

That trumps "price is firm". Love the chutzpah! Will *consider* offers starting at $38K...

Car looks pretty clean, you have to admit. I like the new coolant tank under the bonnet - nice and white. Mine's long been yellowed. :( I've been looking for a reason to replace it, just so I can get that nicer engine bay presentation, but then I go and have a Bex and a lie down.

BTW, what do people think about the original D90 wheels? I was never a fan, but I've sort of been warming to them a bit more recently...

That trumps "price is firm". Love the chutzpah! Will *consider* offers starting at $38K...

Car looks pretty clean, you have to admit. I like the new coolant tank under the bonnet - nice and white. Mine's long been yellowed. :( I've been looking for a reason to replace it, just so I can get that nicer engine bay presentation, but then I go and have a Bex and a lie down.

BTW, what do people think about the original D90 wheels? I was never a fan, but I've sort of been warming to them a bit more recently...

Plugger, i am definitely digging the D90s.  At first not so much but now I'm liking them a lot.  Going to get my set refurbed to remove the POs bad driving issues........

Plus let me know if you are going to replace your coolant tank as I need to do mine as well & we might get a better deal ordering two.

If it's an original car stick with the original wheels.

Oh........and now I know what D90s are, cool. Still no car ?

Plus let me know if you are going to replace your coolant tank as I need to do mine as well & we might get a better deal ordering two.

When you say "need to" do you mean it is leaking or otherwise dysfunctional, or do you mean it is old and yellowed and less than 100% lovely?

(If the latter, I will order an additional packet of Bex so we can go halves on shipping.)

When you say "need to" do you mean it is leaking or otherwise dysfunctional, or do you mean it is old and yellowed and less than 100% lovely?

(If the latter, I will order an additional packet of Bex so we can go halves on shipping.)

like you Plugger I simply yearn for a pristine, virginaly white, new & lovely one to enhance the aesthetics of my engineering marvel.

I got a set of 16x7s and 8s if anyone is chasing a set of D90s

Can I give you a call Vinnytang?

Jason 0410 439 764