Has everyone gone to sleep?  CarSales tells me that the $58k red '86 952 has sold...  Only took 5 months.

Your alt text

I wonder how close to his asking price he achieved.  Anywhere close would be a big result.

Edited by Jason E

It's a shame that car sales don't have the same disclosure as houses. We may never know if he actually sold it or just took it off the market due to lack of interest...

I see the black 89 Turbo in Vic has been dropping price daily. Anyone know the story on that car/been to inspect?

The big question is ..... did it sell or has it just been removed???

Let's face it ..... it's price tag was waaaay up there ....

Yeah I thought exactly the same thing Dreamr, has it been tucked away to come back on sale is 6 months or 12 months time??? It may have sold, that one person that saw its value and had the cash may have grabbed it to park next to his daily drive 991 and 70's RS or 930 Turbo. 

The big question is ..... did it sell or has it just been removed???

Let's face it ..... it's price tag was waaaay up there ....

It says sold in my email.

Also may have just been a super clean example of the 944 T specie and $ was deserved? 

5 months is awhile though not if you are a lazy seller 

Maybe he was just sticking to his guns and was in no hurry to sell.

I believe in happy endings fairies and a fully functioned forum.. noting as I and others will populate said forum,  shall always  maintain a degree of dysfunction ?

I believe it all.. unicorns , barn finds , that Vin Diesel is the best car driver on earth 

As for forum functionality.. lets just say you could say Crossply tyres over Michelin Pilots

All of the cars are sold at the most highest of prices and they market never ever ever falls.. either that or if its a 944 has a warehouse and and is stashing them all along with his son, whom he has corrupted to the path of 4 pot.

2 weeks back a 1988 white 944 S came up for sale in Perth - $8500

I arranged a time to go and have a look, but the bloke had sold it to someone in Victoria before I arrived. It wasn't running according to the owner.

Did anyone here buy it?

I was talking to someone by the name of Simon in Adelaide who I am sure he said he just bought his second 944 from Perth at about that price.

He had only just bought a white early model 944, about '83 a few months ago.

I had only just met him on a club run last Sunday and dont have any contact details

This looks very tidy with an optimistic price, was $48,500 yesterday afternoon.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-3502313/?Cr=16

1990 Porsche 944 S2 Manual

$44k now, looks nice, but needs a better description than "would suit someone wanting to get into motorsport" - you wouldn't buy this to make into a track toy...

$44k now, looks nice, but needs a better description than "would suit someone wanting to get into motorsport" - you wouldn't buy this to make into a track toy...

We've seen this car before, about 18 months ago. It was significantly cheaper then (as they all were). It will be interesting to see how it sells? 

Has anyone on here looked at any of these cars and can give a drive/condition report, or actually know the car, PM if you don't want to public post or roast them.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4691916/?Cr=6

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4701301/?Cr=18

I got warned to stay well clear of the white one (Came from WA & was used in a Charity drive) there is an article about the event.

As for the latest maroon one, one place they say rego till Jan 2016 and another place till Jan 2015 rego in the same add.

I think the silver car belongs to someone on here??

They've recycled the pictures for the Maroon one Port, so probably the ad as well. 2015 would be about right for the last time we saw that car. 

Edited by MB911

I got warned to stay well clear of the white one (Came from WA & was used in a Charity drive) there is an article about the event.

I spoke to the fellow who drove it in that event and he tells me it was not as bad as everyone made it out to be.

I spoke to the owner of the White Vic car last week.  Not a lot seemed to add up in his story.  I wouldn't be paying that sort of money.

The Silver one is a current PFAers car & was sold to him recently by another PFAer that purchased it from a long time owner in Gosford.  Photos show quite good condition & I believe the current owner has just spent a bit of money rectifying a few issues.  I believe it is only being sold as the current owner found his dream S2 shortly after buying this one.  Might be worth a look.