MEGUIARS SCRATCH X

Niko

Having a black car I have picked up a few annoying little marks which are not quite scratches but definitely visible on the black.:angry:

I got some of this stuff a couple of weeks ago, and used it on those pesky marks that were peeing me off.:(

Extremely happy  :D with the results. B)  

SUPERCHEAP have it on special at the moment for $18.00 for a 207ml bottle, normally $24.00.

Definitely recommend it to anyone with those light marks on the "duco"

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Meguiar-s-Scratch-X-207mL.aspx?pid=13201&utm_source=edm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MF_SCA01_2017_WK04_CN#Recommendations

Good choice, if buffing can be avoided.Very difficult to do any damage to the clear coat with a hand applied paste. 

I'm fully stocked with a dual action buffer, various compounds (Menzerna) and waxes that must have been formed from crushed Faberge eggs...but I do enjoy the process. I don;t own one, but I've buffed a few black cars. Very tough to maintain, but looks the best when done right, 

How about a pic of your work (only because I'm partial to Croc pics)

Niko, I have it also, its a nice product but be very careful, its quite abrasive

thanks mate, job done with no problems.   It was mainly some scruff type marks alongside the rear window hatch that I think were done by PCM,

when they last had it in to fix the F&%$#*ing rattle.   They fixed the rattle I think, but left their mark so to speak.  also a couple of scuff marks on the spoiler which it took out nicely as well.   I went over it with the AUTO GLYM liquid sealer after the scuff removal and it came up pefect. 

Good choice, if buffing can be avoided.Very difficult to do any damage to the clear coat with a hand applied paste. 

I'm fully stocked with a dual action buffer, various compounds (Menzerna) and waxes that must have been formed from crushed Faberge eggs...but I do enjoy the process. I don;t own one, but I've buffed a few black cars. Very tough to maintain, but looks the best when done right, 

How about a pic of your work (only because I'm partial to Croc pics)

Sorry gents but I didn't take any shots before I did the job, so can't show the comparison.

But I just used micro fibre cloth to do the initial removal using the product sparingly and rubbing lightly, then polished off the area with another micro fibre cloth, before applying the Auto Glym.  

Before and after pics?

But as Ozvino says, as long as you use it lightly it does a great job.  

Think it would be stretching the boundaries to take out scratches though. 

Any good on a keyed bumper on my Jeep that a HQ driving moron did it at Sandown last weekend?

Niko's right. Rule of thumb is, if your finger nail can feel the scratch, then it needs to be repainted (the panel..not your finger nail).

I have found some excellent DIY stuff called "Dr Colorchip". I'm not affiliated in any way, but I mentioned it in another thread somewhere here. I saw it being used on Youtube by an obsessed 991 GT3 owner. It fills in stone chips using paint that actually matches your code. Might work on your scratch, depending on the size. 

As you can tell by the spelling, it's a Yank thing. Here's the Aussie site

Dr Colorchip

Had go at Dr Colourchip last weekend. Results are pretty good for the single pass I did.

Ran out of time but want to put 3 - 4 layers on - will take some pics as well.

And yes that scratch x is great - find it brings up door handles really well.

Jim.

Any good on a keyed bumper on my Jeep that a HQ driving moron did it at Sandown last weekend?

Don't talk to me about HQ's ... jump onto YouTube and type in Beale Burchartz Touring Car Masters.  Not sure the Scratch X will be enough to deal with the pain that knuckledragger inflicted on the poor IROC.

I've used scratch x too.  It's a good product but as others have said, don't lean into it too much or you'll cause scuffs in the clear coat. 

Don't talk to me about HQ's ... jump onto YouTube and type in Beale Burchartz Touring Car Masters.  Not sure the Scratch X will be enough to deal with the pain that knuckledragger inflicted on the poor IROC.

I've used scratch x too.  It's a good product but as others have said, don't lean into it too much or you'll cause scuffs in the clear coat. 

Yeah that's not gonna buff out.

Helluva hip n shoulder he gave you there.

As if he  was gonna out brake you anyway!!!!   Idiot.

As if he  was gonna out brake you anyway!!!!   Idiot.

My guys in the pits saw the catastrophe unfolding about 15 car lengths back and just groaned.  A car behind the taxi that hit me says he saw no tail lights until the last moment before impact when old mate was already well sideways.  It was his 3rd ever race - ever ...

Its a bit disconcerting when all you can see through the passenger side window is sky.  Thought I was a half a chance for a roll over.

All parts ordered and the car is in the body shop.  One thing that I found out that was interesting is that I am able to buy a full rear 1/4 panel from Porsche as an original part and the costs is around $2,000 which is not too bad.  They also sold me a new Turbo arm.  About $1,800.  As a frequent flyer with PCA I do get a deal but that I could actually get OEM at not silly prices was a pleasant surprise.

OUCH! 

Used you as his brake :blink:

brake marker more like it!

Unefinbelievable.     Maybe old "Hold ons" don't have brakes.

and yes I'm afraid the MEGUIARS SCRATCH X is very good it is not going to help much there.

Did you smack him?

more than once?

Did you smack him?

Nope.  However, did have the urge to re-enact the now infamous Paul Morris/Tony Longhurst incident but thought that there were too many camera's that would pick up the action.  If you've seen the vision, that was the thought I was having when I had the hands on the hips!! The guys in the medical centre were on to it though.  Sent 2 cars as there was probably scope for post accident trauma to be visited upon my drag racing mate had we shared a car.

Did a google on him. Used to drag race. Says it all really.

Probably also ran the Rebel Yell as he was piling into the "turn".

He did come and say sorry as I was helping the boys manhandle/pour the car into the transporter.  I think the Clerk of Course and the Stewards encouraged him to do it.

There was a CAM's official with him though so they must have still been worried about the potential for spontaneous facial reconstruction.

Niko, it was actually me that hijacked.  Apologies.

All good, after copping that out of control expensive whack, you deserve a bit of slack.;)

Archived