Upcoming 944 road trip!

Dr3amrJR

Hi everyone,

Just starting a thread to express my enthusiasm and share that I am soon to be the owner of a 1986 porsche 944!! It was first listed on PFA and dad saw it, contacted the seller (Kent) and continued from there..

This Wednesday the 14th, Dreamr and I have decided to take a trek up to Brisbane to pick up this beauty and take a long, relaxing and thrilling ride home.

I love following other people's adventures on the forum, so I'll be sure to do the same and post many photos of the trip and you might get to see the car in a few pictures (if you're lucky) ;)

For now, here's a small glimpse of my new car that Kent sent through..

Thanks to everybody for all the of the help and advice though my search for a 944! I'll be sure to keep posting if I need any more help or advice with this 944 journey

- Dr3amrJR

5.jpg

Hi that's great. 944's are just great. Congrats on the purchase and good luck.  If you're in town on Saturday 17th, we'd love to see your beauty at Cars and Coffee Gold Coast at 238, Mudgeeraba Road, Mudgeeraba. 

Well it was only a matter of time young man, looks like you've done well, you will enjoy the drive home with the old man and soon he will sell the 911 and buy a 944 he will like it so much:D

Wed arvo targa with you 2 could be on the cards.

...you will enjoy the drive home with the old man and soon he will sell the 911 and buy a 944 he will like it so much:D

good thinking Stephen....Dreamr ill pay you a 20% premium on what you paid for the 911 then deduct a 15% discount for the Bamboo colour floor....:ph34r:

Nice pick up Jnr look forward to seeing it at the next central coast CC as it will end up being quiet a large flock of 944's now

good thinking Stephen....Dreamr ill pay you a 20% premium on what you paid for the 911 then deduct a 15% discount for the Bamboo colour floor....:ph34r:

Nice pick up Jnr look forward to seeing it at the next central coast CC as it will end up being quiet a large flock of 944's now 

I was more thinking an extra 15% premium because of the two tone effect ....

Temping offer ..... I'll think about it .... don't call me, I'll call you!  :lol:

Hi that's great. 944's are just great. Congrats on the purchase and good luck.  If you're in town on Saturday 17th, we'd love to see your beauty at Cars and Coffee Gold Coast at 238, Mudgeeraba Road, Mudgeeraba. 

sounds very nice, but when we collect the car our plan is to have a nice conversation with the seller then head home that day so I don't think we'd be able to make it :/ thanks for the invite though!

Well it was only a matter of time young man, looks like you've done well, you will enjoy the drive home with the old man and soon he will sell the 911 and buy a 944 he will like it so much:D

Wed arvo targa with you 2 could be on the cards.

thanks Steve :) my desire to buy a 944 all started when I got to see your car and it was very nice of you to let me come for a drive too.. I'm sure dad will love the 944 as well and he'll probably want to take it out more than his car ?

You will have to let me know if you are coming near Port Macquarie & I can come out & meet up with you for part of your drive home. Or just a short 944 cars & coffee.

we will be going right past and it would be awesome to catch up when we're nearby. Make sure you message dreamr so we can orgamise something! 

thanks Steve :) my desire to buy a 944 all started when I got to see your car and it was very nice of you to let me come for a drive too.. I'm sure dad will love the 944 as well and he'll probably want to take it out more than his car ?

I think it will be more like, dad take my car and leave the 911 at home.

Brandon you may just be the youngest Porsche owner in Australia.

I think it will be more like, dad take my car and leave the 911 at home.

Brandon you may just be the youngest Porsche owner in Australia.

that sounds accurate as well to be honest! I've already convinced him to leave his car at home so we can take mine to the next cars and coffee ...

That's pretty cool to think about, I didnt exactly think I'd own a porsche ever, let alone before I even have my L's!

Congrats mate, very impressive to have saved that all up so diligently before your L's. 

The trick in life is to keep on with those good habits that you've learned and start saving for the next big items whilst you can enjoy the rewards that a 944 can offer.

again, well done!!

Hey everyone, just arrived in Brisbane and the weather up here is great! When we left it was pooring rain and we were worried about driving home bit it's sunny up here so that seems promising.... I'll keep posting and sorry about the rotation of my photo, let's just say I'm not good wit technology ?

[URL=http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/cassbrand/media/Mobile Uploads/Snapchat-6070887376403002890_zpsyseuj7s9.jpg.html]%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t656/cassbrand/Mobile Uploads/Snapchat-6070887376403002890_zpsyseuj7s9.jpg

Snapchat-6740003549733400732.jpg

Archived