SOLD 996 GT2

996 GT2

Removed from Carsales due to too many text offers and time wasters.  The market was flooded with 5 or 6 for sale from $380 - $450k over the last 12 months and I suspect none have sold at that level.  I need to sell due to business investment opportunity so I will meet the market, open to offers close to $250k. Make me an offer, you never know.  ill be surprised if you'll ever buy one of these sub $250k ever again.  Certainly not an immaculate road car like this one. Insured with Shannon's $300k.

Genuine Aus delivered GT2, 1 of 29.  Touring model with Clubsport interior and Tequipment half cage.  Factory speed yellow belts.  EVOMS upgrade kit (turbos and tune), exhaust, fully rebuilt engine 4,000km ago (built on replacement crankcase so different engine number, hence price).  Car has done around 46k from new.  Original seats, radio, exhaust, turbos and spare carbon fibre rear wing included.

Immaculate car, 2013 Concourse winner PCNSW.  Has seen the track perhaps 5 times.  Many of the Melbourne PFA crew will know the car from SMT runs.  Or speak to Peter Fitzgerald, he knows the car well and built the new engine, no expense spared, last year.  Amazing car, very fast, very well setup so it's absolutely drivable for the average punter.

SOLD

IMG_3006.jpg

cp5121259299186141327.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love this thing, except in my hands it would end up on top of this pile, and that would be a real shame given there were only 29 of them...:blink:

UOBUJjrcNfWkFqR-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14238

Seriously though, this is one epic car.  I'm surprised it hasn't sold.  Anyone that can get over the engine number is going to be rewarded with an extremely rare but totally useable car with performance that will be hard to match at double the price.  

If you want to drive fast Porsches, this is it.

If you just want to buy an exclusive Porsche to park up and look at to pat yourself on the back and admire your investment and are happy to spend an extra $100K+ for the privilege then keep looking!

Usually it's sad to see a car go. But for a business investment opportunity, That you cannot argue. Been down a similar path, but wasn't a car, just a spare house. 

Good luck with the sale, and good luck with your investment. 

^ thanks.

not worth splitting I reckon.  Some might say my car is worth more returned to original but the smart Porsche guys say EVOMS turbos make it much more driveable than standard (extra power is a bonus) and those seats and cage make me feel like Walter Rohrl.  Priceless 

4 others currently on market, 2 @ $299k, 2 @ $329k so I reckon around $250k is very good buying.  Failing that tell me what price works for you.  The guy who texted $180k is way off but I'm open to sensible offers.

$250 is ridiculous even, just keep the damn thing and go to a loan shark for your business opportunity ? Debt is cheaper than equity. GT2 is equity... 

One problem with that scenrio ..... they would probably end up owning the car and the house and probably some other stuff you didn't want them too .....

Otherwise ..... good suggestion. :lol:

A few more photos including 2013 concourse shots on NSW plates.  Also in car video from Phillip Island - Ive only done 3 track days in it but this shows it's fast and very manageable.

photo%201_1.jpg

photo%202.jpg

cp5656957080552209994.jpg

cp4974246107249466791.jpg

cp5078740311372627996.jpg

cp4765859187001980764.jpg

cp5514795030566039027.jpg

IMG_2543_1.jpg

5A8669DD-9319-4068-8518-59E503A8C204.jpg

cp5416181103373658028.jpg

cp5123912977551143193.jpg

cp4754248213963593993.jpg

cp4988019749199764534.jpg

Don't suppose you still have those OZ Racing wheels and want to part with them Doug? 

DJM will chime in to confirm, but I reckon you are asking the wrong forum member about those rims in the photo as I am 99.99% confident that I sighted them on a very nicely stanced 996 turbo at RSR's Porsches and Coffee at Brighton in Vic about 6 weeks ago.

Don't suppose you still have those OZ Racing wheels and want to part with them Doug? 

@JimTT picked those up and is running them on his 996 as Smit mentioned above. Neat looking wheels, I'd be interested to pick up a set too :ph34r:

^ thanks.

not worth splitting I reckon.  Some might say my car is worth more returned to original but the smart Porsche guys say EVOMS turbos make it much more driveable than standard (extra power is a bonus) and those seats and cage make me feel like Walter Rohrl.  Priceless 

+1  and totally aligned with your thinking in terms of driveability and the need to have a Evoms type setup on a 996 GT2 or any boosted 996 to make the car much more drivable than standard and therefore no need to return it to its original stock guise.

So just a supporting view from one who doesn't subscribe to the keeping it stock school of thought and actually believe it would be sacrosanct to remove the EVOMS setup and essentially return your car to back to factory stock guise. So not all have succumbed  / been nobbled by the PFA machine.  Appears to be a fair bit of  PFA original factory Porsche  envy and perhaps their is a need to clearly delineate that aircooled / watercooled vintage era lineup and consider a line in the sand.  Having popped my cherry on getting into a boosted P car, albeit in one that is of the poorer man's fried egg vintage / version ( Evom setup on a996gt2 -got to first base as a passenger in yours,  second base as a partially happy 996 tt owner that had never driven a P car until  I put my own keys into one), I am not surprised the "smart Porsche guys" espouse to "Original is best is a lot of BS" when it comes to a 996 GT2.   Certainly the case for a 996 turbo based on my experience, in terms of driveability when driving traffic light to traffic light.  What a mismatch between fantastic driving dynamics in terms of seating position,   presence on the road, handling, chassis dynamics,  and braking characteristics in the context of  essentially last centuries technology,  verses piss poor and lack luster throttle response relative to another mark you take for granted as being normal.  

Notwithstanding pretty impressive peak power / torque factory numbers for either the 996GT2 or 996tt, for an all round driving experience, I question the wiseness (unless interested in museum pieces that aren't driven on speculation of a  upward return on your purchase price )  of dropping  circa 100k to 300k plus on a boosted 996 that sports laggy turbo's  that are unresponsive across nearly half of your  tacho's rpm range. (stock k16 snails are pretty lack luster in terms of a butt dyno reading under  3500rpm)  With bigger framed K24 turbo's on the GT2,  I'm guessing the smarter Porsche guys say add another 500 rpm over the K16's before your butt dyno registers something pretty decent from those turbo's.   If you pick up a stock boosted 996 , dropping some more coin is a must to sort out a more free flowing exhaust and pushing extra air through the intake manifold via the twin snails gives you so much better throttle response  and a corresponding butt dyno reading that is equally impressive and better matches the other performance characteristics of the car, eg handling and braking   I value area under a power /  torque curve and where  peak power / torque is produced and not just peak values.  As I see it, the more area, the better the throttle response over the rev range, better power delivery and better driveability.  Not doing any exhaust, tune, turbo mods, leaves you running  out after joy and being run out after reaching second base in the driveability stakes  as I see, and you are instead missing out on hitting a priceless home run everytime you forcefully step onto the plate for a hit( boost hit from accelerator pedal at WOT and rowing through gears using an gear shifter and clutch

So night and day difference on a 996 turbo with just a tune and exhaust. (added bonus is stage 2 tune and exhaust setup with 100 cell cats, would net more peak HP / torque more than a stock gt2). The difference must be even larger  again with a 996 GT2 when you change out the turbo's (Evom's type setup).  Whats not to like in terms of more boost earlier in the rpm range on a gt2 that delivers more useable HP and torque across the entire RPM range.  Peak increases of another circa 125+chp/125+ ft/lbs  over stock as you allude to is just extra icing on the cake.  

Based on your price, it appears to be a wholesale one and not a bad call in terms of unlikely to be seen again.  Potential buyers gets an extra kicker, eg zero dollars for the EVOMs setup over stock and a vastly different and better car to drive (any time, anywhere, any road, by anyone that can drive a manual). If a buyer has modification remorse into the future or their heart beat is regulated by a pacemaker and butt dyno is impartial to throttle response or boost, its probably only a day or two of wrenching, and  some extra replacement genuine bolts, lock nuts , washers, gaskets, o rings, seal rings  and clamps  to get your GT2 back to essentially original stock guise.   If a buyer of a stock GT2 has buyer remorse on not picking up your car up and goes down a similar route, buckle up for a decent workshop bill.  I thinking not much change out of 30k for a bare bones install of a basic EVOM kit with their turbo's,  inclusive of a clutch replacement.  I'm guessing little factor of safety for not seeing some movement in the straightness of rods down the track (not to say the stock example you buy has straight rods either).  Open up a the motor for some insurance to drop in some stronger rods to protect the base investment whilst doing the clutch job and that's got to be another 10k for just rod replacement and not convinced that is where it stops when you have the motor and tranny dropped.  (Eg  rubber components are getting on and don't want to chase boost leaks so some preventative maintenance is better than cure.  That's a circa 100k delta (50 extra for a stock gt2 and 50 for the EVOM's type mods and rods) extra from your 250k and not convinced on a 1 out of max 28 other possible specimens is going to be in better nick that yours once all that is done.   No too sure I would  get carried away way with  providence (but can also appreciate it) with respect to matching engine numbers (but have full documentation on the story re crankcase , rebuilt motor, donor crackcase and engine number,  receipts documented etc) and drop circa 100k if see value in the mods to have a comparable gt2.   Also for us non purists, a circa UK import type deduct by percentage  seems to be a harsh penalty for a motor rebuild that necessitated a replacement crankcase, thus impacting the ability to match the factory delivered engine number, given I understood in terms of a gt engines (forget shit bits like oil pumps, water cooling hosing etc) , their is no difference on any of the engine components between a 996 turbo and GT2 engine, except the cylinder and piston sets in the GT2 were hand picked and weight matched from batches on pre 2003 GT2's and because of that were given a different part number.  So a GT2 engine itself is not exactly one of 29 I terms of substance of form

Does that Gosford Museum have a GT2.  If they don't, a 1 of 29 (max available) aud example, with concourse pedigree in formative years in terms of providence has to have some appeal I would of thought.  Perhaps a non solicited call is warranted if not done so already(at least ask the question and note you could be open to a swap / swaps (2 for 1) on something that appears to be more liquid than yours at this point in time based on wholesale swap prices  up to the value of your wholesale asking price on your GT2 if they are not interested in a cash transaction.

^ Fitzy said he spun a client's stock GT2 on track due to spiky power delivery but after turbos/tune, it was much easier to drive smoothly and fast.  That's why he strongly recommended against refitting stock turbos and tune to my car during the rebuild process.

^^ Jim robbed me then.....?

Yes sorry about that Doug, I do like them. Thanks for the great deal

DJM will chime in to confirm, but I reckon you are asking the wrong forum member about those rims in the photo as I am 99.99% confident that I sighted them on a very nicely stanced 996 turbo at RSR's Porsches and Coffee at Brighton in Vic about 6 weeks ago.

Correct Tony

@JimTT picked those up and is running them on his 996 as Smit mentioned above. Neat looking wheels, I'd be interested to pick up a set too :ph34r:

Yes Hugh

Ah!! Where has he been? 

Anyway.. maybe we organise a group buy Hugh? 

They just let me out, they almost through out the keys..ha ha ha

Things have changed around here, I cant load any photos, its saying the file is too large no matter how many times I have reduced the size.

Things have changed around here, I cant load any photos, its saying the file is too large no matter how many times I have reduced the size.

Or I can save you the trouble :D

Here is a pic of said 996TT with said wheels;

2016-10-11%2019.45.07_zpsxtfdjznk.jpg

Here is a pic of Jim's GT4 just because...............

GT2 is SOLD, deposit taken.   

I was prepared to meet the market in the circumstances so it's a great deal for the buyer.  But I'm happy to have it sold.  It's not often you can cover purchase price, all costs plus a bit, especially after a mega dollar engine rebuild.  its a genuine win win albeit I had to reset expectations a bit, particularly in relation to non matching engine #.  I'm pleased to confirm it's going to another PFA garage, better than flogging it to Duttons!  I'll let the buyer spill the beans if they choose.

pickup not for a couple of weeks so I might squeeze in a quick squirt around the peninsula this weekend.

I'll then be P-less again but I'll be back.  Maybe next year - I'll keep an eye on the forum and the market in the interim.  Surely 991 GT3 RS in purple will be under $200k by then........?  Or a Trev McRev 924 restomod with Audi 5 cylinder, for sale cheap because he shredded his licence.....again.

Archived