SOLD 996 GT2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's still your car till it's fully paid and the keys are handed over go and spurt it all you like! Buyer just spurted out his cornflakes! Congrats mate, a win win is always good, pity more sellers dont meet the market but I guess they do eventually or withdraw... 

Well it's still your car till it's fully paid and the keys are handed over go and spurt it all you like! 

This is completely true and correct ofcourse. If it was me, I'd prefer to leave it in the shed for that 'Just incase' scenario on the last drive

No offence intended, but you sure you wanna do that when it's sold?

Its my car until paid for........  

I spoke to the buyer today, he's fine with it.  I won't be racking up lots of kms or flogging the thing.  Maybe a brekkie run and short drive through the twisties near home for old times sake.  

If I was a dodgy seller, it would have gone up in flames in the garage and the call to Shannon's would put me well in front.  But that's not how I roll.

This is completely true and correct ofcourse. If it was me, I'd prefer to leave it in the shed for that 'Just incase' scenario on the last drive

the supermodel is leaving you and you don't want to take her for one more lap around the block.....?  You have more willpower than me...?

I spoke to the buyer today, he's fine with it.  I won't be racking up lots of kms or flogging the thing.  Maybe a brekkie run and short drive through the twisties near home for old times sake.  

If I was a dodgy seller, it would have gone up in flames in the garage and the call to Shannon's would put me well in front.  But that's not how I roll.

the supermodel is leaving you and you don't want to take her for one more lap around the block.....?  You have more willpower than me...?

Of Course the ilke of man who tames a GT2 could never be restrained by mere risk of losing all ....a Stuyvesant man, nonconforming, spit the world in the eye type a guy,,, women swoon, men glance warily .... - the urge to spin the beast up to 9000 through all 6 one last time, to cheat death, could, should, would never be denied - no matter the cost

Image result for steve mcqueen girl

Of Course the ilke of man who tames a GT2 could never be restrained by mere risk of losing all ....a Stuyvesant man, nonconforming, spit the world in the eye type a guy,,, women swoon, men glance warily .... - the urge to spin the beast up to 9000 through all 6 one last time, to cheat death, could, should, would never be denied - no matter the cost

Image result for steve mcqueen girl

full revs through all 6 = 320km/h down Nepean Hwy in Mornington.  That should get me on the front page of the news.

All points taken. It wasn't meant as disrespect at all, or inferring you were a dodgy seller. I was merely saying that if it was my car, I'd hate to take it for a drive after a deposit had been paid, then having some myopic dingbat rear end the car, or some other damage out of your control

GT2 is SOLD, deposit taken.   

pickup not for a couple of weeks so I might squeeze in a quick squirt around the peninsula this weekend.

Where do I meet you. Shall I bring a helmet?

Or a Trev McRev 924 restomod with Audi 5 cylinder, for sale cheap because he shredded his licence.....again.

Bahahahahaha!

And well done to Spiller!  Will you be keeping the 3?

Thanks again for a smooth deal Doug. The car will be in good hands, and more importantly, driven. I must tell the old boy not to forget that it's just the car and his right foot when he's driving it.

it was a pleasure, red hot deal but I'm happy.

yep no TC/SC and 600 or so horsepower means this is real driving, not mash and go.  I found it quite manageable though.  Suggest a track day to get your eye in and learn the car.  I did 3 in my time and really learned how the car behaved near the limit which then gives a lot of confidence for road driving.  I was a bit timid to start with but I found it wasn't scary once you get to know it.  

But please do be careful.  SimonOz had an identical car that was destroyed by someone unfamiliar with it - in July 13 he posted before and after photos (photos since removed) and said:

The GT2 was driven by one of my staff. The only time it was ever driven by anyone else. No-one was hurt, thank goodness, and the insurance company auctioned the wreck. Suffice to say, I wont be asking anyone to move one of my cars again in a hurry. It wasn't a high speed accident but the kinetic energy was extraordinary.  

PR Tech mentioned several more have been written off and there are less than 20 road cars remaining.  There are a couple of track pigs around as well.  But this is a neat accident free original car and you need to keep it that way and stay safe.

@DJM.  Congratulations on securing a deposit and the impending sale.   In terms of references to meeting the market and having a potential P-less itch six or so months down the track, there is a boosted P car with a touch of the same supermodel looks that appears to be capable of going just as hard (but not quite the finesse, poise and posture) that I suspect will be in its third tri-annum of it advertising campaign.  No need to get anxious about crankcases and rods as the motor has been built as well, and reckon a five figure discount price is worth a crack to see if the owner meets the market.   Surely you accountant can make the acquisition of that that car work as a pool car for the business (may need to invest in some removable vinyl wrap business signage for the doors) that has you driving it to and from work each day. It also has the added benefit of having 200% more carrying capacity on paper in terms of clients / employees over the GT2 for use on those regular site visit duties plus no need to be precious on racking up km's on the odometer.

Where do I meet you. Shall I bring a helmet?

Bahahahahaha!

And well done to Spiller!  Will you be keeping the 3?

As much as I wish it was me buying, my wallet doesnt quite stretch that far! I will scab the odd drive though.

it was a pleasure, red hot deal but I'm happy.

yep no TC/SC and 600 or so horsepower means this is real driving, not mash and go.  I found it quite manageable though.  Suggest a track day to get your eye in and learn the car.  I did 3 in my time and really learned how the car behaved near the limit which then gives a lot of confidence for road driving.  I was a bit timid to start with but I found it wasn't scary once you get to know it.  

But please do be careful.  SimonOz had an identical car that was destroyed by someone unfamiliar with it - in July 13 he posted before and after photos (photos since removed) and said:

The GT2 was driven by one of my staff. The only time it was ever driven by anyone else. No-one was hurt, thank goodness, and the insurance company auctioned the wreck. Suffice to say, I wont be asking anyone to move one of my cars again in a hurry. It wasn't a high speed accident but the kinetic energy was extraordinary.  

PR Tech mentioned several more have been written off and there are less than 20 road cars remaining.  There are a couple of track pigs around as well.  But this is a neat accident free original car and you need to keep it that way and stay safe.

Glad to hear Doug. I would like to do a track day in it to see how it differs from the 3, but we will see. I might nick the seats out of it at the very least! The horror stories out there send a bit of a chill down the spine, definitely needs to be respected (as does any car with that much power through two wheels really). Hard to believe that 30% of them have been wrecked but PR Tech would have seen their fair share of the cars out there in their time. There is a white one here in Adelaide owned by Greg Keene which has been converted to a race car, absolute beast of a thing.

There is a white one here in Adelaide owned by Greg Keene which has been converted to a race car, absolute beast of a thing.

My good mate Keene has all the original bits to convert back to original all bits are brand new & removed when new, car has been owned from new & was one of the first ones in the country, around 650hp 

Fitzy dyno (print out comes with the car Spiller) showed 350rwkw = 470 rwhp. What's the at the flywheel, close to 600?

id love to see a direct comparison of your 996 GT3 vs soon to be dad's GT2 on track and hear about seat of pants comparison.   Video please 

• 2 weeks later...

@spiller it's heading your way, dropping off at the Prixcar depot in the morning.  Pleasure doing business, enjoy the car and keep me posted.  Cheers.

image.jpeg

That's news to me, my old man only got back into the country this morning AFAIK so looks like he didn't waste any time organising transport. Would have been great to come over and meet you Doug but time is a bit tight...next time. Will certainly keep in touch. I'll post up a few pics/thoughts when I see it/hopefully pilot it :)

Archived