New tyre trend- thoughts?

JB

Tyre imaging is becoming the thing more so on euro cars. You can order anything you want I think it looks good with the right car/wheel combo

thoughts?

https://www.tyretattz.com.au/collections/tyre-brands/products/word-michelin

https://m.facebook.com/eyecandymotorsports/photos/a.294979997216229.67536.289601227754106/1189903751057178/?type=3&source=54

Really!? This was the rage in the 80's when a lot of tyre companies put white letters on their tyres, thankfully some only put on one side......

70's.....prior to that it was tyre chalk.  A trend started In racing as advertising by tyre companies / sponsors.

If you can't afford, or can't get, the real tyre, put a sticker on it.  It's all about the pose...right ?

I was racing at the Island on the weekend.  A few garages up the pit lane, a guy had his girlfriend painting in the "Pirelli" using white tyre marker pens ....

Guess her hand control was better as she usually does lipstick.

I mark my race tyres too.

LF  RF  LR   RR  and when they're past the maximum heat cycles they get marked FKD

I'm sorry... it's gotta be "BF Goodrich Radial T/A" on a set of chrome 12 slots or nothing! Bridgestone SF 340 Eagers are a suitable substitute though. 

Image result for BF goodrich TA marked tyres

We used to call them WankMasters

If done right, it can look pretty good and 'race-car'.

Some of the paints go nasty pretty quick though.  The glue on ones age a bit more gracefully I think.

Aesthetics are more important than some would admit...

I'm sorry... it's gotta be "BF Goodrich Radial T/A" on a set of chrome 12 slots or nothing! Bridgestone SF 340 Eagers are a suitable substitute though. 

12 slots. That's soooo 70's. Centrelines rule OK?

I will admit that I did run 12 slots (with genuine GT centre caps) on my gold XB 302 Falcon GXL. 

That was a car. Black vinyl roof, chocolate brown interior, T bar stallomaric, 650 double pumper on and Edelbrock manifold, Genie extractors and a twin system with drop pipes. 

Ahhh, those were the days. 

I will admit that I did run 12 slots (with genuine GT centre caps) on my gold XB 302 Falcon GXL. 

That was a car. Black vinyl roof, chocolate brown interior, T bar stallomaric, 650 double pumper on and Edelbrock manifold, Genie extractors and a twin system with drop pipes. 

centrelines do rule.

ill bet that XB was admired over a VB twisty or two! 

Stop talkin' like that. You make we won't to go and buy a chiko roll.

Archived