new MACAN 4 cyl entry level under 80K

Niko

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 63's are on the way, don't worry...

cool :)

That will be scarily quick...

Yet again Mercedes being silly with their nomenclature.... 43 = 3.0, 63 = 4.0.....

The "coupe" versions on the New Merc SUVS, along with BMW's, seem a bit silly to me and kind of defeat what an SUV is all about....

The "coupe" versions on the New Merc SUVS, along with BMW's, seem a bit silly to me and kind of defeat what an SUV is all about....

An SUV is everything about image , but not really about anything offroad. Really the worst part of the coupe versions of every brand is the poor visibility.

Which is why my 928 is currently in hospital!

SUVs are a compromise and you can read this in every review of every brand. Decisions decisions , but at the end of the day my wife doesn't get too fussed about the $$ extras you can never recoup when you sell.

I bought mine for the size, the dynamics/ engineering/ build quality compared to the vast majority and the fact that is an AWD from a brand that I trust with my life! The only downside to me is the handling, and this is rammed home every time I jump into after I drive the 928.... next time I will just buy an E class wagon...

So the $900 per tyre that lasts 20K km is for the turbo , right? How much for the 4 pot?

That sounds a little far fetched, but perhaps true? I really didn't see how the 21" wheels were ever a smart option. We opted for 20's for various reasons, ride comfort being the main as well as the look. 

As for off-road capabilites, if you really wanted those we'd be talking in a G-Wagen thread!! It's the only off roader made today worth talking about! :D I'm biased though.

Anyhow the Macan goes okay for off-road ground clearance (when you have the air suspension), about as much as a land cruiser when I last checked. 

IMG_3536_zpse1rp6ozb.jpg

Wife would be happy with a much smaller car if not for the fact we occasionally tow a boat. And live up a steep hill thus the '73 LR is going to take a week ascending that. Not to mention the terror of going downhill.

A G wagen? Hmm now there's a thought. I'll bet services are cheap?

PS - I note its loaded on the confusilator now, so as someone that agonised over building one, this is what I'd call a smart build and choice of options for the grade of car, total is only $5000 in options, you can achieve a good look with nil cost options and colour choice IMO 

You can view it in the config here with the Porsche Code. -> PHTC1BT8 LINK: http://www.porsche-code.com/PHTC1BT8

Summary of option:  

Price

Macan
95BAA1

Price for Equipment

5,210.00 A$

Exterior Colour

Black
A1
0.00 A$
Interior Colour

Standard interior Black
VC
0.00 A$
Exterior

Deletion of model designation
0NA
0.00 A$
Monochrome black exterior package (high-gloss)
QJ4
450.00 A$
Transmission / Chassis

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
G1D
0.00 A$
75-litre fuel tank
0M2
0.00 A$
Wheels

19-inch Macan Turbo wheels
C6P
0.00 A$
Interior

Lane Change Assist
7Y7
1,390.00 A$
Comfort lighting package (In conjunction with memory package)
PP8
720.00 A$
8-way power driver seat
Q1G
0.00 A$
Audio / Comm.

BOSE® Surround Sound System
9VL
2,650.00 A$

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%202.21.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%202.22.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%202.22.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%202.22.2 

A G wagen? Hmm now there's a thought. I'll bet services are cheap?

Not sure on modern ones, I doubt they're cheap at MB, MB dealer service costs make Porsche look reasonable! 

They are releasing the W461 professional for civilian sales next year I am told, sub 100k perhaps too? that is tempting... I love the bare bones nature of those 461's and miss my W463 a lot.

They are releasing the W461 professional for civilian sales next year I am told, sub 100k perhaps too? that is tempting... I love the bare bones nature of those 461's and miss my W463 a lot.

Now you're talking! But to the wrong person in my marriage :huh:

Nice Edgy....I have to say they are a nice looking jigga.

The Tiguan also gets a good write up in the Herald Sun Cars section today....

I know they are different classes, and it is definitely smaller than the CX7 we have now, but luggage space is apparently good now, which is one of our main concerns.

One that is fully tricked up might be ok.   Have to go and check one out properly.   

We bought the first series Tiguan Niko for my wife & the kids. We bought a high end model - had the GTI engine in it and they were based on th Golf platform. Was a good car but the luggage space was the issue. In the end we couldn't live with it because of the luggage space limitation, but it was a good car apart from that. We traded it on a new VW Passat Alltrack wagon. My wife has loved that car, it's 4 years old this month and has had little wrong with it, Diesel gate aside. 

The only downer with VWs is the service costs, they rival and sometimes exceed Porsche. 

Probably worth a look at the new Tiguan if the luggage space has improved. 

We bought the first series Tiguan Niko for my wife & the kids. We bought a high end model - had the GTI engine in it and they were based on th Golf platform. Was a good car but the luggage space was the issue. In the end we couldn't live with it because of the luggage space limitation, but it was a good car apart from that. We traded it on a new VW Passat Alltrack wagon. My wife has loved that car, it's 4 years old this month and has had little wrong with it, Diesel gate aside. 

The only downer with VWs is the service costs, they rival and sometimes exceed Porsche. 

Probably worth a look at the new Tiguan if the luggage space has improved. 

Checked out the New Tiguan a week ago, the Passat Alltrack still beats it in terms of luggage space.

Checked out the New Tiguan a week ago, the Passat Alltrack still beats it in terms of luggage space.

thanks mate, hopefully be able to check them both out at the same time.  

The other issue with us and big plus for Mrs Niko though is the raised driving height of an SUV

but I could live with a wagon.

Well I guess these didn't really ever catch on with the soccer moms

holdne-suburban-2000-used-(2).jpg

You could really chuck a serious amount of people and crap in that baby, and it probably wouldn`t weigh much more than a current one that you can`t fit 4 adults and luggage in.

Archived