• Created
  • Last Reply

The Kid say WOW!

Conveyed Portsea council of WAR!

Need to convince the finance department another car is GOOD

Thinking 1883CC Twin Plug 912

I like your thinking. Enjoy lunch ?

I vote for:

Yeah they are HAWT but I've got black and beautiful on my mind right now. Good thing is wheels are an easy fix if you want a change so, at least, these are on the options list.

I vote ST with racing stripes.  You already have an impact bumper.

if you want a halfway house look at the thread with the prototype turbo.  They were right on the switchover yet not a full RSR.

i think to resolve the decision start at the back and work forwards.  Do you want a tail?  If so, what sort?  That will start resolving the rest of the car.  Longhoods work best with no/ducktail.  RSR big tail look only works with impact bumper shell.  Same for early whale tail etc.

I vote ST with racing stripes.  You already have an impact bumper.

if you want a halfway house look at the thread with the prototype turbo.  They were right on the switchover yet not a full RSR.

i think to resolve the decision start at the back and work forwards.  Do you want a tail?  If so, what sort?  That will start resolving the rest of the car.  Longhoods work best with no/ducktail.  RSR big tail look only works with impact bumper shell.  Same for early whale tail etc.

Yes seen the proto turbo thread and whilst its bonkers ace, one thing I don't love is the proto rear flares.

But you're right re working back to front as the whole tail decision is becoming problematic for me.  I've started off thinking no tail is best, but IROC with no tail looks funny perhaps?  Duck might be the middle ground.  I've seen the NZ Singer too, and whilst I think it's boring, the fact is has rear seats has been on my mind.  Why not have rear seats?  This is a road car and from time to time I'll have small kids to ferry around.  If I have a cage and I'm cruising around being generally pleased with myself, if I have to pick up or drop off a kid, I'll be rocking a Kia.  But without a cage, isn't the whole IROC thing a little hollow?  And if IROC is off the table then longhood might be the go and as you say I've not got one of them.....Arrrrgggghhhh!  And then a colour needs to be chosen, and that needs to be appropriate for the era of car I'm making.  I saw Bahama Yellow at Duttons yesterday and wow that is pretty, but it aint going to work on IROC as it's an older colour.  And TBH I like the older colours better.

And then whilst looking at blues last night saw this and thought...hmmm...perhaps narrow body longhood with skinny steelies and a wooden steering wheel, with a 350hp 3.6 and an LSD equipped G50 might be a hell of a laugh...Would have a lot of traction issues which is always fun, especially in a car that should have issues spinning them up on the dirt.

I'm a tortured man.

2F2EA663-3727-405E-A7A2-D5237A8A7E6E_zps

I'm a tortured man.

No, you are not a tortured man. You just keep wanting more, which is not a bad thing. 

Key question, is this going to be your last purchase? Ever? I think I know the answer. 

I think you have both a long hood project and an IROC project within the medium term, you just need to pick which first. 

If you have the 350hp, I would say IROC first. 

So back to ghetto fixes.  The 5 second fix stuff works mostly as it should.  Good viscosity, goes off fast (not 5 seconds...) and dries rigid.  I used rolled blue tac in the rear of the shroud to support the liquid, then cured the top, took the blue tac off, cured the back.  Worked pretty well.   The shroud is now really strong compared to before and should hold together well.  You can see the whole unsupported section is now well bridged.  Just need to figure out how to dye without dunking into boiling water.  Perhaps paint it.

B59528F5-C106-4D62-BCEC-850C59DD91CD_zps

3B383A90-5C89-4CED-A45B-E192CDA5AEF4_zps

3E56247A-08A4-49B4-8738-AED4CDEE5FCA_zps

86CA750F-6E83-4986-9381-315EAB00533D_zps

That 5 second fix stuff looks rather phallic to my eye :o

On a serious note, being the back of the steering wheel, just go down to your local auto parts supplier and purchase some vinyl paint. Clean surface is the key and some satin black should do the trick!

How's the home-built going by the way???

Sat it in the sun for a while to get some more UV...

AE2AA6B6-C546-4100-B0EA-9B2E04E83113_zps

FE12EB5E-8F8F-4D7B-86C4-4E6D20D13CBB_zps

156CA79D-A50E-4325-B1DB-02A6488D9259_zps

That 5 second fix stuff looks rather phallic to my eye :o

On a serious note, being the back of the steering wheel, just go down to your local auto parts supplier and purchase some vinyl paint. Clean surface is the key and some satin black should do the trick!

How's the home-built going by the way???

Good tip mate thx.  Home built has not been touched but I had a shot on an RC model yesterday so I'm keen again!

and yes it looks like a rocket, but at least it's not red.

The UV stuff...just used a product called dura resin to fix a massive hole in my surfboard.  A big chunk the size of a thumb had come out.  It takes about 60 seconds to cure in the sunlight, and it is rock hard.  That stuff might be similar but if I ever need a fibreglass-y repair I'll use the surfboard stuff.  Pretty amazing.

Yes seen the proto turbo thread and whilst its bonkers ace, one thing I don't love is the proto rear flares.

But you're right re working back to front as the whole tail decision is becoming problematic for me.  I've started off thinking no tail is best, but IROC with no tail looks funny perhaps?  Duck might be the middle ground.  I've seen the NZ Singer too, and whilst I think it's boring, the fact is has rear seats has been on my mind.  Why not have rear seats?  This is a road car and from time to time I'll have small kids to ferry around.  If I have a cage and I'm cruising around being generally pleased with myself, if I have to pick up or drop off a kid, I'll be rocking a Kia.  But without a cage, isn't the whole IROC thing a little hollow?  And if IROC is off the table then longhood might be the go and as you say I've not got one of them.....Arrrrgggghhhh!  And then a colour needs to be chosen, and that needs to be appropriate for the era of car I'm making.  I saw Bahama Yellow at Duttons yesterday and wow that is pretty, but it aint going to work on IROC as it's an older colour.  And TBH I like the older colours better.

And then whilst looking at blues last night saw this and thought...hmmm...perhaps narrow body longhood with skinny steelies and a wooden steering wheel, with a 350hp 3.6 and an LSD equipped G50 might be a hell of a laugh...Would have a lot of traction issues which is always fun, especially in a car that should have issues spinning them up on the dirt.

I'm a tortured man.

350hp 3.6 is mega bucks.. and can confirm you won't fit wide enough rubber under those flares ^

I think the colour is Chartreuse The color "chartreuse" was named after the liqueur "Chartreuse" which was named after a monastery in the Chartreuse mountains of France. The liqueur was originally made by monks and is still made under the supervision of monks in Voiron France. 
The web color "chartreuse" (#7FFF00) is exactly 50% green and 50% yellow.

350hp 3.6 is mega bucks.. and can confirm you won't fit wide enough rubber under those flares ^

Yeah well whatever powah can be reasonably extracted.  Got to be north of 300 and as for the rubber, by definition it will be insufficient.  That's the point.  Why have 800hp when you can just have skinny tyres and roast them any time for a bit of fun.

I think the colour is Chartreuse The color "chartreuse" was named after the liqueur "Chartreuse" which was named after a monastery in the Chartreuse mountains of France. The liqueur was originally made by monks and is still made under the supervision of monks in Voiron France. 
The web color "chartreuse" (#7FFF00) is exactly 50% green and 50% yellow.

That is a lovely colour and on my list.  Ironic though that the car has poor stance (needs some spacers) and it's a Stanceworks article.

Yeah well whatever powah can be reasonably extracted.  Got to be north of 300 and as for the rubber, by definition it will be insufficient.  That's the point.  Why have 800hp when you can just have skinny tyres and roast them any time for a bit of fun.

That is a lovely colour and on my list.  Ironic though that the car has poor stance (needs some spacers) and it's a Stanceworks article.

a 964 3.6 with fairly mild cup cams, full exhaust, and EFT ITB's will get you there or within spitting distance and i'd probably leave it at that for budget/longevity sake and concentrate on keeping the rest of the car around 1050kg or less. i'm about to embark on the ITB and piggyback ECU stage on mine, is about 270-280hp currently.

my other 3.6 is at 331hp with considerably more work and only had 225 rear tyres when i got it. utterly insufficient for any kind of fast driving on the track, was 'okay' for street.

the 3.3T is 320hp.. stock
:lol: i really need to mod that one up properly..

https://youtu.be/HPh90yNX-mY

Did you see this fella at Rennsport?

I did not.  My first instinct is I don't like it.  Cool engine bay, but boring colour, terrible wheel centres, anything but 15" wheels should be an offence, and to my mind the RSR style wheels are verging on a cliche these days.  No doubt it's got amazing attention to detail but overall that's a thumbs down for me.  Pity there are no pics with the engine lid down.

I did not.  My first instinct is I don't like it.  Cool engine bay, but boring colour, terrible wheel centres, anything but 15" wheels should be an offence, and to my mind the RSR style wheels are verging on a cliche these days.  No doubt it's got amazing attention to detail but overall that's a thumbs down for me.  Pity there are no pics with the engine lid down.

I agree on the wheels.  This car was well executed and very neat.

Some useful cues worth looking for too.

I like the drilled engine lid hinges but I've seen it done better and why not body colour?  Like the exhaust tip details too.  What else is good other than 'neat' which is no mean feat?

Engine bay, tire selection and (rear) wheel offsets, exhaust, mirrors, that clean rear bumper, straps on rear window.  

They owner is clearly a Magnus fan too.

I wouldn't pick silver myself, but colour is generally a personal choice (as much as I've been pimping colours I like on your thread! :P ).

RUBYSTONE!

Milestone-71-Porsche-964-by-Paddy-McGrat

Milestone-71-Porsche-964-by-Paddy-McGrat

Archived