Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love a lot of those colour ,,,but will through another colour at you .............Olympic blue 

Nice, but the last colour above is Crystal Blue.  Believe me I've looked a lot recently!  some refinements which make the 2 colours below more representative.

Original SB

Sahara%20Beige_zpsva7mvtw1.jpg

New SB

Sahara%20Beige%202_zpsthighsp8.jpg

Original Miami Blue

Miami%20Blue_zpsiyq2kofb.jpg

New Miami Blue

Miami%20Blue%202_zpsogadgfqm.jpg

I do love the bright colours over the beige and think they really suit that period of 911,s well Oranges ,Blue , yellows , Greens etc,,,,I didn,t realize there were two versions of Miami Blue ,,,,I prefer the New ,",brighter " .....Top marks for your photoshop skills if it was,t for the reflection of the original car on the concrete I would be convinced these were original images :)

I do love the bright colours over the beige and think they really suit that period of 911,s well Oranges ,Blue , yellows , Greens etc,,,,I didn,t realize there were two versions of Miami Blue ,,,,I prefer the New ,",brighter " .....Top marks for your photoshop skills if it was,t for the reflection of the original car on the concrete I would be convinced these were original images :)

FYI there is only 1 Miami Blue but it changes a lot with light so it's hard to know which image to use as the basis for the photoshop. I'm happier with the second one being accurate but it varies a LOT.

If only it was me doing the photoshopping. I'm lucky to have done a lot of work with a graphic designer who is happy to indulge me and give me a hand making the impossible decision. He's a good man.

As much as I love all 3 in  the middle column, I might not be able to live with the bold color over a long time, so I'd go with the left column, either of the top 2 spots as my first choice..... Jade & Miami blue!

Thanks for your thoughts all. I think the diversity of preference indicates that they're all pretty darn good and it's just a matter of preference. I've been surprised by the support for Sahara Beige from all I've asked an opinion from. Anyhow I'm going to leave it open until the deadline comes as frankly the only way to properly solve this problem is to paint / build at least 6 cars...

There are very loud and more subtle options in the 9 and like Phil said I've got to learn what I can really live with over the long term. My stringent test is how would I feel dropping one of the kids off at school in a ______ coloured car.

Awesome thread. Let me suggest something different which is a bit of a long shot. I think a hotrod with a modern livery could be interesting. Have a look at these photos below, there just something about a modern livery on a retro Porsche:

Oh and for me, Ill vote for the Sahara Beige.

IMG_7583_zpslq8re8bj.jpg

IMG_7585_zpswwcauktf.jpg

7_zpso4dzfrnb.png

Awesome thread. Let me suggest something different which is a bit of a long shot. I think a hotrod with a modern livery could be interesting. Have a look at these photos below, there just something about a modern livery on a retro Porsche:

Oh and for me, Ill vote for the Sahara Beige

7_zpso4dzfrnb.png

I like this car above. I think I've got an image of it from dead above. I think I'll get the base colour sorted and then decide what stickers I go for keeping in mind it will be a road car so I'll need to be careful how far I go.

What about Signal yellow 

Great colour but yellow is not for me this time.

Brake rotors now visible on the all black wheel option which lightens the look slightly, and a trad Fuchs option.  I've just noticed the intensity of colour is less in the trad Fuchs option.  Must be to do with the changing of the wheel colour.

Top%209%20Black%20Wheels_zpsjk4mi4oa.jpg

Top%209%20Silver%20Wheels_zpspnngiclu.jp

This is the same car no, K911?

Top_zpsmbcyrbpe.jpg

For the tail I would say get one of each done and you can change the personality of the car as you like to keep things fresh.

I really like all the colour options particularly Aubergine.  However if I was building myself a wide body A/C hotrod I think I would paint it brown.  There is just something about taking such a beautiful yet wild shape and covering it in a colour that most people associate with bland and boring.

Something like the one below only WIDE and a warmer shade of brown

mail41212025057.jpg

Maybe closer to the colour of this one:

tumblr_md4n1npnl21r2pftbo1_1280.jpg

Archived