Does Porsche need to stop doing limited edition cars

I think they could still produce limited edition cars, but they need to charge more for them. Limited Porsche's, compared to Limited Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc, are too cheap, and generally far more car for the money. If they sold them for a premium, they could make more profit and slow down the flippers.

I think they could still produce limited edition cars, but they need to charge more for them. Limited Porsche's, compared to Limited Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc, are too cheap, and generally far more car for the money. If they sold them for a premium, they could make more profit and slow down the flippers.

It still won't work .... as long as they are building limited editions and people are missing out, they will still pay more than retail for them.

Sell the new car for $400k and the flipper asks $750k .....

Sell the new car for $750k and the one that missed out pays $1.1m .... it's all relative and for those that have the large amounts of money, it's doesn't matter the amount, they've got it and they want what they missed out on ...

I dislike the people who buy such a rare car like that just to flip it for a profit. 

Should be a contract that you cannot sell it until x amount of years. Collectors won't care, The guy who want's to flip it will as his "investment" is sitting there collecting dust. If it gets driven, it's worth less. 

Or that you need to put your name down to be approved ect that you're worthy of owning such a car. 

I dislike the people who buy such a rare car like that just to flip it for a profit. 

Should be a contract that you cannot sell it until x amount of years. Collectors won't care, The guy who want's to flip it will as his "investment" is sitting there collecting dust. If it gets driven, it's worth less. 

Or that you need to put your name down to be approved ect that you're worthy of owning such a car. 

I hear what you are saying, but there is the other side of the coin. Even if you are going to be excluded from future limited cars, you can weigh it up. If you can double or triple your money in a couple of months, then it could be a good investment. Let's face it most of the buyers of these cars aren't wealthy by accident. They know a good opportunity when they see one.

That would be 30% of classic Porsche owners nowadays.  'Ooh no, I dare not drive it. I bought it just as an investment!'

I agree though. Once you flip a limited edition Porsche, you should be struck off the list

I agree though. Once you flip a limited edition Porsche, you should be struck off the list

Images of those hordes of sad billionaires pop up

siegels-lare.jpg

I agree of course. They should be made to drive unrestored Trabants.

I hear what you are saying, but there is the other side of the coin. Even if you are going to be excluded from future limited cars, you can weigh it up. If you can double or triple your money in a couple of months, then it could be a good investment. Let's face it most of the buyers of these cars aren't wealthy by accident. They know a good opportunity when they see one.

Well it would depend on how they choose you. Ferrari will choose you if you own a few for their exclusive cars. Even watch companies do this (Patek Phillipe - they don't want you to sell off their grand complications and rather you hand them down from generation to generation) But what if they chose you by who you are, not what you own ect. People go to the extent of purchasing but not registering to keep the value up. Theoretically speaking though. 

That would be 30% of classic Porsche owners nowadays.  'Ooh no, I dare not drive it. I bought it just as an investment!'

That's probably because they spent a lot, told the wife that's an investment ect. 

If i had a limited edition Porsche, Yes it would get driven a little less so each drive feels more special. But i would drive the shit out of it when i do. 

Laugh.

Exclusive purchasing club.

Now it will be sold to anyone that can stump up the cash.

400k is too much IMO let alone 1.2m

Porsche would be stoked with this truth be known. Makes them more desirable. 

Clever man.

No. Porsche made a car that a lot of people want over the rest of their product range.... usually all limited editions go up in value, just not straight away. Porsche know what they are doing.

Porsche can do as many 4WD, flat 4 turbos and limited editions as they want as long as their unobtanium trickles down to the masses.  By many accounts Porsche will reintroduce manual to GT3 after success of 911R- if they need to do a limited edition run to help make that decision, give papa his beans.

What about the flippers? Good luck to them. It's coz of their demand that 911R was a success n stick is expected to return to GT3. I say pay them- they deserve what they get... but they're not getting my money. 

If folks want to pay ridiculous overs for a 911R with .2 GT3 announcing next week- be my guest.  Shows how much sense they have to go with their dollars.

Archived