[VIC] SMT APRIL 30TH 2017 - Revised START TIME (Pls read!!)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone do not wish to be the bearer of bad news but the run on the 30th may cause those of us thinking of going and getting back for the footy a bit of grief.  My wife has just informed me that there is a custom car/hot rod expo on at Marysville on Saturday 29th and Sunday the 30th of April.  Google Marysville Motoring Expo 2017.  Bands and all sorts of stalls and carnival events.  Everything all booked out.  It might be a slow boat to China getting there and out. The street will be packed with rockabilly hot rod enthusiasts and all their friends.  Parking will be a nightmare and forget breakfast. Should we look at the following weekend instead

Oh nooooooooooooo

Marysville Motoring Expo 2017 - Shannons Club

oh... :blink:  FFFAAAAARRRRRCCCCKKKKK!!!! 

Ok... I don't think we should gate crash the natives at marysville with 20+ p-cars rolling in at 9am, so 2 options:

option 1: postpone a week (Sunday May 7th)

option 2: no postpone, we carry on...but at warburton, instead of continuing to reefton, we take a left and get over to Donna-Buang rd and head over to healesville for brekky - redirect away from marysville (btw, I don't know if the detour is a good road or not) 

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!

Ok... I don't think we should gate crash the natives at marysville with 20+ p-cars rolling in at 9am, so 2 options:

option 2: no postpone, we carry on...but at warburton, instead of continuing to reefton, we take a left and get over to Donna-Buang rd and head over to healesville for brekky - redirect away from marysville (btw, I don't know if the detour is a good road or not) 

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!

Redirect to Healsville. The road is good. 

My vote is for wait a week and do it all on the 7th of May but this may cause too many headaches so I will just go with the general concenses in the end.

So we have so far:

1 vote alternative drive

1 vote to move to the 7th of May

Philbee over to you.  We may need a prompter new post from you 

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!

Be careful of Mt Donna-Buang Rd.  I'm pretty sure I've been down that in the GT3 and the road turns to mud.  Literally.  I was sideways in 2" of pure mud for the length of the road.  We made it to Healesville but my wife was less than impressed with being constantly sideways next to big drop offs.  Car was coated in mud.  I'm talking the entire roof and then down to the ground.  Had to take the wheels off when I got home to clean it all up properly.

Fraz may be able to confirm.

RSR coffee on the 7th so I'm a vote for the 30th but will go with the majority as long as Phil coughs up the first 50 coffees for free!?

where's the info on this Rod?

Be careful of Mt Donna-Buang Rd.  I'm pretty sure I've been down that in the GT3 and the road turns to mud.  Literally.  I was sideways in 2" of pure mud for the length of the road.  We made it to Healesville but my wife was less than impressed with being constantly sideways next to big drop offs.  Car was coated in mud.  I'm talking the entire roof and then down to the ground.  Had to take the wheels off when I got home to clean it all up properly.

Fraz may be able to confirm.

where's the info on this Rod?

Vic events section on forum. RSR GARAGE

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!

perhaps a committee needs to catchup tomorrow morning to discuss...6.30 at tecoma.

@Philbee this is your run mate but due to this unforeseen situation, I can offer an alternate route to Healsville.

This is my backyard and I know the area very well and can show you some great local roads.

I can also suggest a nice cafe with plenty of parking.

http://www.mochaandlime.com.au/

@Fraz, I need your help mate. based on comments above, I'd like to stay with 30th... I dont think 7th is good, RSR coffee is on that weekend... I dont think we should goto to marysville on the 30th.  Even if our SMT this time is a little cut down or reduced... LETS DO IT.  Treat it as a warm up and arrange another one soon. We have quite a few newbies coming so would be good to meet everyone.

So, if we can get to healsville not via a mud patch that would be great. I'm not familair with the back roads so @fraz need your help.  If you have a route  lets press on and you lead the train, mate!! 

perhaps a committee needs to catchup tomorrow morning to discuss...6.30 at tecoma.

@fraz, can you come too? I could make it.....

Suggestion - large numbers so two Tours. Keep the date avoid Marysville.

Group 1 north to Kilmore meet Maccas Corner Blackburn and Doncaster rd. Group 2 east to Noojee.

Have been East often enough so happy to lead G1.

Don't ask time of tours just peel off if you want to get back early.

Would have to nominate which group.

Yes or No on this idea PHIL ?

Group 1 north to Kilmore meet Maccas Corner Blackburn and Doncaster rd. Group 2 east to Noojee.

Now I have to bring 2 cars?!

Thanks for the suggestion, @9fan... I'm an old healesville & marysville softie, so keen to here the alt route @fraz has in mind.  If fraz can get us to healesville, I'd like to do this and stay as one this time, anyway....    

OK, SMT UPDATE:

I've spoken to The Fraz (@fraz)...:Laughter:. he's worded me up on the inner sanctums of the dandenong ranges !!   I've recruited Fraz as Chief Navigator so we're good to go, an alt route is avail and not via a mudhole.  So....The SMT IS ON !!  SAME DATE, SAME TIME. SAME START LOCATION.

See you at Tecoma Maccas at 615 AM.   :CoolDance:

Destination is HEALESVILLE, not Marysville. Brekky at http://www.mochaandlime.com.au/  

NB. The SMT may be a little shorter than the regular run, this should hopefully appease those footy fans. 

Ignore the PFA Quote glitch above, sorry LuckyPhil ...

Why not go to Marysville as usual and bypass the main street via Darwin street and continue on straight to Healesvile?? Only a 20 minute delay til you feast on ya bacon n eggs!

Why not go to Marysville as usual and bypass the main street via Darwin street and continue on straight to Healesvile?? Only a 20 minute delay til you feast on ya bacon n eggs!

This is a real option as we don't need to stop at Marysville. Having said that, it's all your call Phil and I'm certain Fraz would have a good option planned. 

yep, definitely a possibility ... We can decide on the day at maccas and discuss with my chief navigator (@fraz)...  A drive through a town hosting a classic car event certainly has some appeal.

My only concern would be that the drive may get a bit too long aS some of us need to get back to home for afternoon events... 

Archived