Porsche Plans Crackdown on GT-Car Speculators and Flippers

K911

So does this mean Porsche dealers will be forbidden from selling on these flipped cars also? I doubt it; interesting that globally some of the flipped GT cars have wound up at Porsche dealers.

I don't really like the flipping but I am a supporter of free trade - let the market determine what these cars are worth, if someone wants to stump up $600k and speculate on a cars future value and then maybe profit from it power to them. 

like Ozvino said the dealers are just as guilty off this as the private sales flippers ,,,Dealers are selling cars for a large mark up on the original price as this is the current market value,,,I don,t see how Porsche can stop this and I think that article is just Porsche public relations trying the smooth things over on the surface to look like nice guys ,,,,,but behind closed doors they must be rubbing their hands together at all the attention their cars are getting ,,,this can not be hurting their business in anyway and going of their resent sales worldwide they are up from last year  .. 

The problem is that if people (mostly average rich doods) use these limited edition motors as the factory intends , they get crashed - and the remaining ones go into storage and get flipped as collectables. 

I think they are shedding crocodile tears. 

The rich get richer , which coming from Porsche is a bit...rich.

Reads to me like Porsche recognise that they can't prevent people from buying their more limited models purely as an investment, but they're not going to pander to or make decisions purely to favour that portion of the market. Yes, the R's appeal (to that portion of the market) is its exclusivity - in particular the manual box. But Porsche make the decision to meet the broader market need and offer a GT3 in manual - it's to the detriment (supposedly) of the investor but the benefit of the marque.

I don't think it's Porsche crying poor or crocodile tears, or punishing anyone - I think it's the company recognising that while the lasting values of their cars is important, it's more important to deliver the driving experience the enthusiasts want. Good on them i say.

Sounds like they are on the right track to me. The likelihood of flipping will be one more of many criteria that they use to determine your place in the list. The flippers will just have to suck it up as will the no more manuals speculators. 

Glad to hear it.

This sort of model could really benefit the dealers because if the owner doesn't want to keep their old limited model it forces them to trade it into the dealer to stay in the good books of the dealer and avoid ending up on the blacklist for selling privately at a profit.

So can I walk into PCM and order one of these?  That's the only way they'll deal with this issue - make sure the dealer can sell you a new one at list price so flippers have no scarcity on which to inflate their price. 

still 3 R's on carsales for almost $900k...each.........why when I can buy this with half a mill to spare.

cc5530642780300104314.jpg?aspect=FitWith

2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Manual MY18

• Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

New Car

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/bnc/details/Porsche-911-2017/SHRM-AD-5753532

I tried in Melb , told em I was a 20 yr keeper and could prove it and had a GT car.. no reply , of course they want all my other cars to flip as a trade though!!!

Maybe we need to become a company PFA PTY LTD , surely they could deny us then for being the largest enthusiast with plenty of cars..

We could run a time share on one ;)   no flipping it though

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911-gt3/19433/2017-porsche-911-gt3-manual-review-three-pedals-good-two-pedals-bad

I tried in Melb , told em I was a 20 yr keeper and could prove it and had a GT car.. no reply , of course they want all my other cars to flip as a trade though!!!

so why do they list them on carsales at $356k if you can't buy one at any price.  Probably to show Porsche buyers that a new one is $356k and a lightly used R is $900k and PROMOTE how valuable their cars are, if you can get one.  No sir, you can't have a GT3 but how about this lovely GTS for $300k........

So Symsy , new car dealers are now at the bottom of the trustworthy demographic along with their used brothers & sisters? Come to think of it , I've never met a female used car salesman.

You gotta point , if I ever get re-inCARnated  as a woman.. Im gonna do that as my vocation

Actually , Im coming back as this lady and Im going to Troll forums and sell to the Porsche community.  And like her leave the clothes on.. Its all about the hand gestures you see.. Magic.. selling Porsche would be easy

Archived