Selling my 944 Turbo

• 4 weeks later...

Little out of my price range but a stunning example Rob!

New here so i apologise for posting a question on this post, but i cannot start a new post in the "Wanted" forum for some reason, any ideas?

I expect it is to do with having to be a Financial Member to sell or buy on the forum via a thread.

Buy Rob's car.....the extra you pay up front will be saved on what you need to spend on your $30k price range B).......and when that turbo kicks in.....Happy Days :D

I expect it is to do with having to be a Financial Member to sell or buy on the forum via a thread.

Buy Rob's car.....the extra you pay up front will be saved on what you need to spend on your $30k price range B).......and when that turbo kicks in.....Happy Days :D

I think you only need to be an FM to sell, wanted open to anyone. Could be the lack of posts or some other issue (unless the rules have changed recently?)

Little out of my price range but a stunning example Rob!

What is your budget @Wrighteou5 ?  & are you handy enough to do mechanical work yourself?  I ask because generally you need to factor 5k or so extra above your purchase price even for a well looked after 944 for maintenance.  I would suggest though with Robs car you would need to do little to nothing for quite some time. (I once saw some dust evaporate as it entered Robs cars engine bay).  I've been in it & it is a sweet, sweet thing.

Thanks Jason, send me your bank details and I'll see you right;).

For the forum's collective information, I've had 2 lookers to date.  One didn't think any 944T was worth $20k more than what he sold his for in 2012 :blink:

The second loved it and was very keen, but was in the middle of a house sale that was due to finalise in October.

A Sydney or Melbourne address would probably work better...

Unnff... great looking 944, and properly sorted.

Good luck with the sale.

Check my sig Michel :P

What is your budget @Wrighteou5 ?  & are you handy enough to do mechanical work yourself?  I ask because generally you need to factor 5k or so extra above your purchase price even for a well looked after 944 for maintenance.  I would suggest though with Robs car you would need to do little to nothing for quite some time. (I once saw some dust evaporate as it entered Robs cars engine bay).  I've been in it & it is a sweet, sweet thing.

cheers for the heads up Jason appreciate the input for sure!

im looking around $30k hopefully, so that's definitely some good advice. Not mechanically handy, but more than capable with most electrics and body parts etc, but have a good mate who used to race these beauties a while back so know he can give me a hand too.

Robs definitely looks and sounds a treat. Any idea how much transport would cost from QLD rather than driving the 1600kms anyone?

Here, here, you will not go wrong with that car.

In fact iv'e just checked carsales again and if the other pre 85.5 cars have got 40k+ on them Rob's car is an absolute bargain. I'd also say it's probably 10k under priced compared to what's on the market and owned by an enthusiast who loves these cars would have to be a bonus as well.;)  

You are all on Rob's books right... ;)

Soon as I have contracts etc sorted for the new job we may have to have a chat if she is still available Rob. Really is a stunning car.

Brian appreciate the offer I was more concerned about putting the 1600kms on the clock, but imagine transport would be a fortune

Brian appreciate the offer I was more concerned about putting the 1600kms on the clock, but imagine transport would be a fortune

It would be the most satisfying 1600 km's  you will ever drive ..... period!

We picked up my son's 944 and drove it 900 km's home and it's the one trip I'll never forget ..... :D

You are all on Rob's books right... ;)

Soon as I have contracts etc sorted for the new job we may have to have a chat if she is still available Rob. Really is a stunning car.

Make no mistake you will spend money on almost any 944 you buy so you have to budget for that, in Rob's car knowing how fussy he is having spoken to him and knowing people that know Rob, i think he has prepared this car well for sale so i would imagine one would get a couple of years motoring without spending too much on it.

And i suppose i won't get a cent for saying that....... @Rob

Make no mistake you will spend money on almost any 944 you buy so you have to budget for that, in Rob's car knowing how fussy he is having spoken to him and knowing people that know Rob, i think he has prepared this car well for sale so i would imagine one would get a couple of years motoring without spending too much on it.

And i suppose i won't get a cent for saying that....... @Rob

Settle down guys, you're embarrassing me now...B)

Rob what sig?

@Wrighteou5 heed the intentioned advice. though it not always necessarily so.. cars have been bought for less and proven to be crackers.. though OCD owners can't help themselves. In that instance 5k can seem a low low budget for immediate fixes if you want a certain cars n coffee sheen..

seems robs car is a pearler straight out of the box.

I am amazed that Rob's car has taken this long to sell, when is the next one going to come up that is as good? It could be a while and it could be carrying a $50k price tag. 

Turbo or S2, an immaculate car that will not cost you the earth to fix is going to be in the $40's. Number one there are no others this quality for sale at this time. Number two these cars are so mechanically and cosmetically perfect because the owners have spent a lot of time and money keeping them perfect. You want to buy the cars from owners like that, but the downside is they won't be giving them away. 

I drove mine home from Melbourne to Canberra. Loved every minute of it. If you can, absolutely drive the car you buy interstate home. 

Archived