F1 PORSCHE..Maybe on the drawing board

Niko

I think it would be great to see Porsche engines back into F1.     Now lets but DR in the seat and away we go....

That dreaded FORMULA E mentioned in last couple of paragraphs, maybe used as a stop gap until they go to F1

http://www.luxury4play.com/luxury-cars/formula-1/porsche-considers-kicking-ferraris-ass-formula-1-20170714/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=planet-9.com_sold&utm_source=planet-9.com20170801

This was rumored a year or two ago with TAG backing them into Red Bull.  Toro Rosso are talking to Honda as a back up to RB's Renault deal.  So looks like RB are out?  Don't know which team Porsche would go to?   All the potentially available teams are 2nd, 3rd string...no money and no potential.   Perhaps McLaren, again!

And I'm very concerned about your reading habits...

There was also some talk of it recently after Porsche announced it was going to wrap up it LMP1 program ,,,but from all indications they seemed to give the impression of not being interested ,,,just to expensive ...

There was also some talk of it recently after Porsche announced it was going to wrap up it LMP1 program ,,,but from all indications they seemed to give the impression of not being interested ,,,just to expensive ...

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-motorsports/formula-e/porsche-leaving-wec-lmp1-join-formula-e/

Damn.....

Despite the recent successes in WEC this looks like Porsche aligning their racing/marketing budgets to showcase hybrid/electric technology which is becoming more prevalent in their road cars.  Don't forget they are a car building business so it's not all about history and entertaining the fans. They need to make money to continue. Getting into FE is a bit of win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

I think Porsche going into Formula E is a great thing. It's where the future is. As they're also doing their Mission E car so it would seem like the right way to head. 

I dont see electric cars just being the future of cars, but hydrogen cars too. Eventually we'd probably see a race program developed around that one day i hope. 

Boring cars n coffee chats in the future then

'Yeah mate. It's got some sick new long life batteries and a longer extension lead with double adaptor!' 

'Siiiick!' 

Glad I won't be around for that! :rolleyes:

Well at least street racers in the future wont make to much noise and up set old people ................:D:P

you think it's the noise rather than a desire to be upset?

Some people are just plain irritated by the existence of others enjoying themselves.  They'd find something to complain about.

Going through some of my old magazines, and found this out of a MODERN MOTOR November 1962 edition.

DSCN0158

DSCN0159

Had the pleasure of driving behind that car at PI a few years back when it was out here. I was catching it into turn 12 and went to pass it on the straight. Thought.. bugger that. This opportunity won't happen for me again so I backed off an followed it for a lap and just watched and listened.

Very memorable experience. :Drool:

Archived