996 GT3 Insurance Value

Pork Chops

Hey Guys, got a few things to sort out with Shannons and when I do I want to review the insured value of my 996.2 GT3 CS.  It's Carrera White, 2 owner, 30k klms, with cool stuff like loud zorst, low diff, adjustable suspension etc.  Currently insured for $150k.  Would that get me the same again in the current market?  I'd be thinking it's about right but may leave me a little short.

Thoughts?

Based on recent sales and benchmarking your car, you are slightly below the market.

If UK recent pricing is a guide, they are about to or may increase.

Out of interest how much is the premium @ $150 ???

Thanks.  Not sure of cost as there are several cars on the policy.  But I do get an extra discount for each car I add on, so like when my wife buys clothes in a sale, I'm making a good 'saving' there.

Thanks.  Not sure of cost as there are several cars on the policy.  But I do get an extra discount for each car I add on, so like when my wife buys clothes in a sale, I'm making a good 'saving' there.

Get the house on there as well if you don't already, more savings means more to spend elsewhere :)

My Shannons renewal is sitting on my desk today: 

996 GT3 (MK1) _ $1578 premium, $1,300 excess _ $130K agreed value.  (65% no claim discount _ discount from what unknown?)

Premium obviously important (no one wants to get ripped off), real issue is the integrity and trust worthiness of the insurer if something goes wrong! really unknown until the worst happens?

You have to base it on what is currently for sale and at what price, it is all that Shannons can base it on, and from my experience they do take note of what is advertised. Take your car in and say you want $180k, point them to car sales and it should all work out :)

I think you are under.....

Mine has lower k's and is insured for $185K.

Premium is $1191, with Lumley Special Vehicles.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Wow!

Makes $800 for a $13k boxster seem rather high.... you must have a better driving record than me:ph34r:

I should get a quote on a GT3 just for a shiz stir.

Porkers, that $150k would get you the import GT£ at Autohaus, similar k's to yours but without the mods or Tassie history ;)

$170-180k sounds about right, considering the fuckerage you'd need to go through to replace it. I have my 911 and Rangey with Shannons, they happily agreed to the $25k premium on my Rangey given it's the only one in Aus and I'd spend that $25k buying another and fitting all the guff to it (not that I would). 

Archived