Bogan wunderlust ... Summernats 2019 whose going

michel

58 minutes ago, michel said:

As for burnouts years ago was involved in an art event - automatic drawing - or some hyperbole. It was staged at the local skid pan one big cherry picker digital camera colour printer and a bunch of 2 4 wheeled burnout kings n queens... 

in the bleachers there was a mix of  all n sundry the self appointed local art glitterati and  blokes and blokettes like @Fraz maybe it was Fraz?

Was a fun arvo everyone marvelled and looked on mesmerised waiting for the tyres to go.. the biggest fans of the day were some pre hipster .30 something’s who had just renewed their yearly NGA passes.

it was cool to see the mix of punters in attendance , it was fun to see the spectacle smell hear it also... but I do think it was a bit lost in translation and a bit too polite. Now if we had staged it at Summernats the currency of the event more potent 

From self appointed Bogan to Glittrati Blokette in 3 posts, now is that a promotion or a demotion ? :D

Maybe I could be the turbo driving Glittrati Blokette Bogan, yep that sounds about right. Just ask my can’t drive Bogan burnout mates.

I’m still in ...

MIght have to bring the new addition to the stable as well - my Tickford Bathurst 77.

727 HP.  Went the stronger half shafts as well.  Must have known something was in the wings ...

No way could I do what the guy in the VK did - or his mate steering the back end like a shopping trolley.

As for the tits and bits issues, I’m no fan either.  I’m there simply to respect the sheer lunacy of it all.

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yeah - ongoing campaign for the  Women's War on White Men - corporate girls infiltrate & take all the fun out of bloke things.

I went to regional type of Summernats event about 5 years ago. They were not the cars I usually look at, but it was terrific family fun then, lots of young mums with kids in pushers. Bogans yes but mainly hardworking muscle car enthusiasts, whole families proud of their cars. The feminasti  'safe space' attitude turns off just as many normal women as men.

From this, to this:wacko:. Good thinking and engineering SJ PC ladies, feminazis and manginas the world over. Emasculate men too much and they will not have the thought, will or desire to defend you. Safe spaces pffffft, Australia and NZ (and Tasmania;)) are the safest countries on earth for women to live ... wet tshirt comps yeah well they could be moved to a bar after dinner somewhere but Miss Summernats deleted? Talk about bending the knee!!

6157606369_2eff76b870.jpg Image result for F1 monaco grid boys

Still, its not all beer and skittles at these things.

I had cause to advise the mum of some of the victims of that Methanol fire in the NT and the sight of the dude in the Blue Meanie had me more than a bit nervous for the people in the audience.

23 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I’m still in ...

MIght have to bring the new addition to the stable as well - my Tickford Bathurst 77.

727 HP.  Went the stronger half shafts as well.  Must have known something was in the wings ...

No way could I do what the guy in the VK did - or his mate steering the back end like a shopping trolley.

As for the tits and bits issues, I’m no fan either.  I’m there simply to respect the sheer lunacy of it all.

The stuff you roll out of your man cave never ceases to amaze me 

On 06/01/2018 at 5:43 PM, michel said:

Forget the sycophantic dreaming of luftgekuhlt, and rennsport ... there are splendours, much much closer to home...if Zwart can be applauded for lightin up his 914:6.. what say you then oh gentle PORSCHE men for rolling into Summernats 2019....

Be brave slip n slap on that brut and join us in bespoke metal appreciation 

@michel - tip regarding Summernats - leave the man-bag at home

On 1/8/2018 at 6:16 PM, Fraz said:

Baaaah, just can’t resist. As our self appointed Ex Monaro owning V8 ute driving PFA bogan. I have to share this scene of Aussie bogan cultural perfection, complete with Sick C@#$ commentary from the gallery. Personally all this political correctness pisses me no end, for God’s sake, just a bunch of “blokes” letting off some steam. Thank your lucky stars they are all in one place I say. The nats has been around for long enough that anyone attending should know what to expect. If you don’t like it or scared of being offended don’t go and don’t press play.  :ph34r:

Bunch of knuckle heads but how can you not get a horn 

On 08/01/2018 at 9:00 PM, Skidmarks said:

his mate steering the back end like a shopping trolley.

I used to go back in the good ole days when this type of thing was commonplace, and getting "kicked out of summernats" was unheard of. You'd know it had been a good night when your shins were plastered in burnt rubber. 

Archived