Neat 911 SC_WTB

hugh

Hi,

I'm looking for a neat 911 SC for a good friend - anyone have anything locked away that they may consider moving on? Preferences at this stage are;

- Coupe

- Man

- More original the better (ideally RHD, non-converted) Original colour etc.

If the car is located in Vic that's a bonus. Feel free to PM me with any leads. Budget is flexible pending the condition/proposition of the car. 

Cheers, Hugh. 

3 hours ago, hugh said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a neat 911 SC for a good friend - anyone have anything locked away that they may consider moving on? Preferences at this stage are;

- Coupe

- Man

- More original the better (ideally RHD, non-converted) Original colour etc.

If the car is located in Vic that's a bonus. Feel free to PM me with any leads. Budget is flexible pending the condition/proposition of the car. 

Cheers, Hugh. 

Flavio Lacota was selling my old SC Hugh you can find him on Fb.

8 hours ago, D2000 said:

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

This is my car, was planning on posting it in the for sale thread shortly. Spruiking my own wares however it would be a great enthusiasts car for someone who likes to drive.

Is this one on car sales yours? 

This one would have ticked all the boxes including location, lasted a matter of hours (probably first phone call)! Was your friend the lucky purchaser?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-645947?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

Cheers

Craig

1 minute ago, crsedge said:

This one would have ticked all the boxes including location, lasted a matter of hours (probably first phone call)!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-645947?ret=search-alert&utm_source=internal-carsales-notification-centre-search-alert&utm_medium=email

Cheers

Craig

What was it listed for?

39 minutes ago, crsedge said:

This one would have ticked all the boxes including location, lasted a matter of hours (probably first phone call)! Was your friend the lucky purchaser?

Cheers

Craig

Rego expiry was in April 2013 .....

Another glitch in the system me thinks ...

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Rego expiry was in April 2013 .....

Another glitch in the system me thinks ...

nah nah mate, it's real, I've sent my cash this morn soon as I saw it via Western Union to Sgt John Smith at the Port Hedland defense base, and it'll be delivered in a few weeks. What a bargain for me:CoolDance::CoolDance:

Shit, hope it's real:Sweating::Sweating:

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2018 at 7:39 AM, crsedge said:

Cheers

Craig

What the???? Seriously?? No way ......

Also looking .... and have been for a while .... and trying to work out how to get up to see @bear924‘S car as I’m also in Melbourne. 

10 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Also looking .... and have been for a while .... and trying to work out how to get up to see @bear924‘S car as I’m also in Melbourne. 

Just get a PPI and buy it sight-unseen!  No affiliation, but I have seen and driven @bear924's 911.  It is in very good condition, pulls & corners strongly, and is well maintained. 

Give him a call. Wayne will give you an honest description of everything good/bad/indifferent - and I mean this in a positive light. You'll get great comfort out of hearing how much care & attention he's given the car over his years of ownership.

50 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Almost all of us have bought a "car" sight unseen ....

I bought my 911 and my 924T sight unseen. My 911 was from ebay and my 924 was from a member on here ... very different places and both have worked out well .... sure, things can go sideways but if you do your due dilligence (gut feeling from seller, PPI, etc) you can pretty much make an informed decision ...

Otherwise, take a day off and get youself there ...

14 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Almost all of us have bought a "car" sight unseen ....

I bought my 911 and my 924T sight unseen. My 911 was from ebay and my 924 was from a member on here ... very different places and both have worked out well .... sure, things can go sideways but if you do your due dilligence (gut feeling from seller, PPI, etc) you can pretty much make an informed decision ...

Otherwise, take a day off and get youself there ...

A day off would be nice !! ??

59 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

Just get a PPI and buy it sight-unseen!  No affiliation, but I have seen and driven @bear924's 911.  It is in very good condition, pulls & corners strongly, and is well maintained. 

Give him a call. Wayne will give you an honest description of everything good/bad/indifferent - and I mean this in a positive light. You'll get great comfort out of hearing how much care & attention he's given the car over his years of ownership.

Have spoken to Wayne. Really nice bloke. Good to hear other opinions on here about car.

Get down with Brown !!! ??

I actually purchased my SC sight unseen. Flew to Melbourne and drove it home... must admit to feeling relief when I eventually saw the car in the flesh.

Took a deposit on the SC today, nice bloke who I've suggested should check out this PFA website place (waves hello if J is visiting for the first time!!)

Always a mixed feeling when you sell something that is associated with so many great memories. 

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

I actually purchased my SC sight unseen. Flew to Melbourne and drove it home... must admit to feeling relief when I eventually saw the car in the flesh.

Took a deposit on the SC today, nice bloke who I've suggested should check out this PFA website place (waves hello if J is visiting for the first time!!)

Always a mixed feeling when you sell something that is associated with so many great memories. 

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

@Bluegus73

That should have been you placing a deposit (see above) ....

If you are going to wait for one to turn up in the next suburb from you, I fear this thread may go until 2021 ... ;)

Good luck in your search ....

@bear924 ... was just about to call you ??

@Dreamr .... as @bear924 knows ... timing and work for me the last week just haven’t let me get  up to see car. A busy time ... and annown business which makes it hard.

If sale falls through .... let me know.

And if anyone else is sitting on a nice Australian SC that isn’t getting driven .... definitely let me know!!!! ??

Just be patient, keep your eyes open and don't be afraid of cars that are listed interstate. I think at the moment it's a buyers market with the current pricing. My car was 1/11 I actually got checked out and it's what i would consider very clean and low kms. Even then it was advertised for a month before i bought it. Don't be put off by the excessive asking prices. Make an offer, you'd be surprised 

On 2/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, Bluegus73 said:

I'll pick you up for the airport and we'll go for a drive - We'll meet Wayne halfway somewhere.  I can also tell you that its a very nice car after having spent some time with it recently.  

I'm serious - hit me up..

EDIT - just read Wayne's post..  Good job fella - a very sweet car indeed..  Maybe the one that got away but I'm pretty sure now that I want one from the mid 70's...  And thanks very much for your time, was good to catch up.

Right, so now my cats out of the bag - who's go a 70's Carrera they want to part with.!  ;)

D.

WOKA's car confirmed to me how under rated 996s are. A 70s 911 and a 996 would be a sweet collection!

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, davidtran said:

Just be patient, keep your eyes open and don't be afraid of cars that are listed interstate. I think at the moment it's a buyers market with the current pricing. My car was 1/11 I actually got checked out and it's what i would consider very clean and low kms. Even then it was advertised for a month before i bought it. Don't be put off by the excessive asking prices. Make an offer, you'd be surprised 

Re: the buyers market. It would seem to me that the market isn't as hot as it was a few years ago, however I did have consistent interest in my car while advertised with a number of phone numbers to call if the sale falls through. So I'd suggest that if you find a car that ticks the boxes for you, don't over think it otherwise there's a good chance that car might not hang around. When you see the right car for you, you will know. Trust that instinct and go from there. 

You might have had interest, but you may have priced it right too. Anything above $100k on carsales hasn't moved. Unless you've got a 1 owner car with 150,000kms in a good colour combination I think. 

I enquired on 3 of the cars that are currently on carsales and have been from 3-12 months. It was actually interesting, one of the sellers told his car was perfect and an investment that won't be heading anywhere but north with pricing. I then asked him why he has dropped the price twice. He didn't really know what to say to that. Another seller said his mate sold a similar car 12 months ago for what he is asking and that's why he priced it like that. Needless to say all 3 cars are still there. 

I did good with mine. Seller was realistic and actually needed it gone. That being said it was there for a month before I purchased it. 

There are quite a few good cars up at the moment, just unrealistic prices. I think you just need to be patient. As I've said before I purchased the car to drive, not as an investment. I honestly think that we have hit the ceiling and that was a while ago. The market does reflect that, but that's just my opinion. If my car is worth 10k less than what I paid for it in 3 months so be it. 

My advice would be that if you're looking at entering the market, just be patient. There aren't a lot of people that have the means to dump 100k into an SC or 3.2, so you don't need to rush, wait for the right car for the right price and go for it.

Just my 2 cents 

Archived