COLOUR CHOICE STRAWPOLL

I’m afraid it’s not that straightforward! For example if I had a 930 it would have to be guards red, but I’d never buy a red 964. Similarly, slate grey metallic – 964 yes, SC no. Mexico blue however looks great on everything, while yellow is just shyte (on all cars for that matter IMO).

That aside, my faves are 10, 8, 1 & 2. Least liked are 9, 3, 5, and 4.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I drive a speed yellow 997. I can take the heat :D

As I've voted, speed yellow was my 2nd choice, only very very marginally behind white......  Would be more than happy to have a speed yellow 997....

1,5,11,7 & least 12 (here come the bullets, duck now).

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ah cool, didn't see that, oh well. When I do my next few polls on what's the best oil and pdk vs man, I'll use it :Beer:

Man vs PDK, you don’t need a poll, you need a bullet proof vest!!!!

19 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

1,5,11,7 & least 12 (here come the bullets, duck now).

That's ok, no bullets here...I have a black car and I often don't like black porsches... eg.993, 964s for me don't look  as good in black I reckon.

"it's black Jim but not as we know it"

On 2/2/2018 at 9:50 AM, sleazius said:

10, 9, 8, then daylight, maybe 12 or 3.

There is only one I dislike, 5. Green is for trees, not cars :P

I remember distinctly saying to someone that there was a green 911 for sale and that I didn't believe that green was a colour suitable for a Porsche, a green Porsche, never. Well guess what, I bought that 911 and I now think it is a stunning colour, I guess you have to own it before you can start to appreciate it. Its also great that there are not that many around, making my car a little special. :D therefore #5 

However my absolute preferred colour for a 911 is Silver. #8

BUMP - Nearly all results are in I guess, been day and half since last posted choice, will give a few days for stragglers and then results.

On today's tallying: There are 2 outstanding colours for most popular (one colour conservative, the other colour "out there")

There's one outstanding colour for least liked and another close behind.

There's one colour that received a lot of varied likes and no dislikes, and one colour that received no likes whatsoever and just a coupla dislikes

And one standout colour which is "held" to be quite divisive In general I think -- BUT -- it'll surprise you that it's only mildly liked and only mildly disliked 

Stay tuned ... and Porky you can come out of the corner now, what's you're own poll result? Turquoise Green or Karminrot Magenta?

39417369654_785a439c11_o.png

Ok using 964 colour names, although some of the colours were general colours probably going by different names, but you get the gist ...

Most popular by far was silver #8 and Bahama Blue #10 both with 5 x 1sts and 9 x 2nds and only 2 minor dislikes.

Least liked was (sorry Andy) Forrest Green #5 with 4 x least liked and 9 x dislikes and 1 x 1st and 3 minor likes. Followed closely by MIdnight Blue #11 with similar dislikes  and followed a bit more by Arena Red #3 with similar dislikes and then Tahoe Blue #4 (although with 5 minor likes)

Slate Grey #7 had 1 x 1st and 11 general likes and 0 x dislikes.

Cobalt Blue #6 Non metallic, had 0 x likes and 1 x least liked and 4 minor dislikes.

Speed Yellow had 2 x 1sts and 3 x 2nds and 2 x least liked and 3 dislikes.

Grand Prix White #1, Guards Red #2 and Black #12 all came middle of the road with all about the same - 6 x minor likes and 4 minor dislikes - although white 2 x 1sts and black 3 x least liked.

OKAY SO I GENERALLY READ IT LIKE THIS FROM ABOUT 20 VOTERS -- Most liked TO least liked :

1st's, Silver followed closely Bahama Blue

2nd, Grey

3rd's, White followed closely Yellow

4th's, Red followed closely Black

5th, Tahoe Blue

6th onwards, Cobalt Blue, Arena Red, Midnight Blue, Forrest Green

Archived