Shannons Melbourne 19/2/18 Pcar results

21 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

It doesn't seem a  lot of money for that car - is the market soft or did the car have issues?

14 minutes ago, davidtran said:

I remember it being for sale when I was looking. A fellow member had checked it out, but couldn't agree on a price with the owner. Car presents well.

it is/was @James P car....

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

The number plate boom is alive and well. $268k for 124, that has got to be a record for a 3 digit..... Just googled, it is.

Yeah - very old number plates are a favourite for Self-Managed SuperFunds money. A mate has a 2 digit Vic plate on his daily drive SUV.

You put modern copies of the original on your car & look at them appreciating every day.

With artwork / collectable cars / holiday houses, in SMSF you are not supposed to get any day-to-day pleasure from them;  apart from measuring their increase in value & selling them.

2 hours ago, davidtran said:

I remember it being for sale when I was looking. A fellow member had checked it out, but couldn't agree on a price with the owner. Car presents well.

Who was the fellow member? only one guy turned up with Rusty French (who i know well) as an advisor 

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

It doesn't seem a  lot of money for that car - is the market soft or did the car have issues?

Im happy with the result but the Porsche market has definitely eased off, car had no issues & was totally restored including mechanical 

1 hour ago, davidtran said:

I wonder what the cab passed in at? Guessing it would have been under $85k?

The blue cab was a nice looking car, passed in for $84k

5 minutes ago, James P said:

Im happy with the result but the Porsche market has definitely eased off, car had no issues & was totally restored including mechanical 

Looked like a very nice car and seemed a good buy - hence why I asked

Agree, the halcyon days may be behind us - Also suggest a potential disturbance in the force for the new P Car market, outside of the GT Hero models

5 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Looked like a very nice car and seemed a good buy - hence why I asked

Agree, the halcyon days may be behind us - Also suggest a potential disturbance in the force for the new P Car market, outside of the GT Hero models

All good mate.. the E-type Jag got some big money & strong bidding, the other euro cars didn't do so well

26 minutes ago, James P said:

Who was the fellow member? only one guy turned up with Rusty French (who i know well) as an advisor 

Not at the Shannon's auction. If I'm correct the car was advertised elsewhere prior. I remember the sticker kit unless it was a very similar car. I rremember reading it on here. May have even in the 'what's for sale thread'

46 minutes ago, James P said:

All good mate.. the E-type Jag got some big money & strong bidding, the other euro cars didn't do so well

Bidding on the Jap cars was strong also: (this had a heap of online bids)

1992 Toyota MR2 'Targa' Coupe

Sold: $23,500

Toyota MR2 'Targa' Coupe

Low km's - but only NA and Targa. Outrageous money!

Recently bought a JDM Turbo hardtop specifically to set up for and use at hill climbs / club sprints. Better now not crash it if prices go stupid for these cars!

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

Low km's - but only NA and Targa. Outrageous money!

Recently bought a JDM Turbo hardtop specifically to set up for and use at hill climbs / club sprints. Better now not crash it if prices go stupid for these cars!

Nice to see another MR2 enthusiast. I've had my AW11 Super Edition for around 10 years. Cannot find it in my heart to part with it. Great little cars. 

Archived