The FEPS (Front Engine Preservation Society) Qld branch has determined that another drive day is to be held on the 24th of March. Meeting time -  10am. Meeting location - Town of Blackbutt

For those members of our great Porsche community that have yet to participate in a FEPS event, it involves members meeting up to drink coffee (or milkshakes??!), going for an interesting drive, talking about Porsches, doing some more driving ... then maybe some more talking. Then heading home again. Previous FEPS meeting are documented in the forum.

To become a member of FEPS requires the potential members to publically declare that Porsches with engine in the front (924, 944, 968, 928) are the peak of Porsche development and will never be equalled again... mmm ... correction... requires members to have a passing interest in front engined Porsches ... mmm.. correction .... require members to drive some kind of Porsche ... mmm ... correction .. requires members to be a Porsche nut ... mmm ... correction ... require members to have enough interest in cars to enjoy driving and talking about them.

So basically. If you have a car and want to come for a great drive with people who will be interested in whatever floats your boat car wise (refer JasonE for all other boat floats), come along. Promise you'll have a blast and be home in time for dinner.

Proposed FEPS route is:

https://goo.gl/maps/khENufsjsaN2 

This will be subject to change following a recon drive this weekend, however the broad details will remain the same. Lunch stop plan is a café at the Bunya mountains (I bags the car park with the best slope.. just in case the 924 needs a hill start!).

Any questions please fire away, otherwise let's throw off the dust covers and do some driving!!

Planning to complete my recky of the loop this morning. My route weighting system will add one point for every twist, subtract 5 points for every creek crossing requiring air lift suspension and 10 points for every burnt out Porsche carcass along the side of the road . Once I complete the recky I will do an in depth analysis of accumulated points with a hope to end up with a positive number. Stay tuned for my feedback!!!

Recky of route completed. Numerous smouldering 911s were found on one section of the route. My FEP was able to navigate the various hazards that brought the 911s undone, however thought a small adjustment to the plan should be made to accommodate individuals driving less accomplished Porsches.

Route now as follows:

https://goo.gl/maps/2ivUu4H25LT2

This change won't affect timings, so meeting 10am at Blackbutt is still the plan. If anyone is coming from Toowoomba, we can plan to meet at Cooyar so to avoid double up driving.  

Roads are great fun to drive, anticipate participants will have an awesome day of driving.

On 3/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, bear924 said:

Recky of route completed. Numerous smouldering 911s were found on one section of the route. My FEP was able to navigate the various hazards that brought the 911s undone, however thought a small adjustment to the plan should be made to accommodate individuals driving less accomplished Porsches.

Route now as follows:

https://goo.gl/maps/2ivUu4H25LT2

This change won't affect timings, so meeting 10am at Blackbutt is still the plan. If anyone is coming from Toowoomba, we can plan to meet at Cooyar so to avoid double up driving.  

Roads are great fun to drive, anticipate participants will have an awesome day of driving.

Well done Bear, see you at Blackbutt.  (BTW, it's "recce")

I've heard from a reliable source that the road down from the Bunya I was proposing to use isn't suitable. Something to do with reports of wild Bunyips eating European metal. Suggest we now consider this route:

https://goo.gl/maps/aTdSXV7ogXz

My thoughts with timings for those wanting to meet us along the way:

1005 - Depart Blackbutt

1040 - Pass through Cooyar

1100 - Pass through Maclagan

1200 - Lunch at Bunyas

1300 - Depart Bunyas

1430 - Arrive Back at Yarraman for drive back to Brisbane  

Route change only increases driving time a small amount, so shouldn't affect anyone's plans too much. If anyone does want to meet along the way, please message me and I can make sure I have your phone number etc if we find we're running late.

10 minutes ago, grantmr said:

Any Brisbanites want to meet up prior, maybe head over Mt. Glorious > Esk > Blackbutt?

Yes...

Would have to leave from The Gap at say 7:15 for an arrival into Blackbutt at 9.45, so as to keep to the schedule.

I've got a stinking head cold so depending on how many pills I pop determines if I can go..  The more pills the merrier.

@Jason E..?

Could meet @Rob at Toogoolawah at about 9:15 perhaps.?

All systems go for tomorrow fellow FEPers. A table has been booked at Poppies at the Bunya mountains for lunch at 1200 for anyone who decides to meet us there. Table under Wayne.

May have a few others join us as my Dad was keen to take his Jag for a run .. then there was talk about MGs.... We'll see ... Hoping to see you all at Blackbutt at 10am.

Happy to send a mobile number via IM if anyone wants it.

11 hours ago, WOKA said:

Yes...

Would have to leave from The Gap at say 7:15 for an arrival into Blackbutt at 9.45, so as to keep to the schedule.

I've got a stinking head cold so depending on how many pills I pop determines if I can go..  The more pills the merrier.

@Jason E..?

Could meet @Rob at Toogoolawah at about 9:15 perhaps.?

Sorry fellas, see you at Blackbutt (I can't go the Glorious route this time) I'm swinging out Robs way.

cheers,

Jason

Thank you everyone for doing the Bunya loop with me today. Enjoyed the driving and the company wasn't half bad either ... except for that Jason guy, who keeps bringing him??

Looking forward to our next one. Did someone say "overnighter"??

Well that hurts.  I was the coolest one there!  Ask anyone - I took a poll & everyone agreed - Jason is the coolest.

Thanks for organising the day Bear (was nice meeting Poppa Bear too) was a good drive, good lunch & good chat (probably could've been a bit more talk about how good S2's are but you can't have everything).

Thanks for nothing to Rob though as I now can't stop looking at Audi TTRS's on carsales after driving that blue Trident Missile he owns.

cheers to all, looking forward to the next one. 

It's also very good that we also helped WOKA decide that an air cooled Porsche would be best for his next purchase. No need to buy one of those overly complicated turbo things ... after all, we all know that the only true 911 is air cooled and 996 are all terrible. Also, don't forget about the head lights!!!

Now to go and check out Audi's on car sales.....

Great drive, thanks for organising Wayne - always great to catch up and go for a squirt through the hills.!

Bring on the next one, Extended two day trip at least I reckon..

9blKy3u.jpg

On 3/24/2018 at 8:25 PM, bear924 said:

blah blah blah are all terrible. Also, don't forget about the head lights!!!

I think that black 996 was the only decent thing there - other than the Jag of course, but it kept on breaking down - bloody bonnet was up more than it was down.!  Nah - seriously nice cat..

wuJ1YsY.jpg

Flmjgfp.jpg

Archived