Hypothetical question on Porsche purchase vs invest money in fixed term account

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2022 at 10:04, t888 said:

Hoping to see his next stock pick. 

@smit2100   lets have it then fella ....  

Fundamentals: Let me contribute 

I reckon the house market has just topped in  SE QLD.. I have just seen 4 houses straight that I was watching go to auction , pass in and now go to market with offers over ..   Most had been moving at EOI and no prices hardly placed on property in the 1-2.5 Mil region , that I have been watching , some 0.5-1.2 . Lower end market boosted 30-55%. because young ones cant get in and in FOMO .. but will hurt if interest rates boost

People are generally free outta lock down, boredom is passing  and not buying boosted jetskis and someone else's old projects at 25k outta boredom aint so fanciful more and even the 65-80k projects in the hallowed 911 space aren't selling .. many people cant find someone to do the work an it not equitable anymore..

The 993 RS .. white of course just sold looking at car sales .. in a few hours $700+ - maybe there still legs and everyone is talking about the 30% of aussie very 964 scarce cars being moved in recent times

993TT. - Being sold at 500+. or maybe thats BS 

GT3 997 - Are over priced and or slow / no market 

GT3 996 - hit tops in the 250-275 region and cars now back below the 250 water mark?

Bitcoin - I cant keep track and Im too late 

What else ya got ?  Ah yes cos you till own one no doubt 996 Turbos on the up 

43 minutes ago, symsy said:

People are generally free outta lock down, boredom is passing  and not buying boosted jetskis and someone else's old projects at 25k outta boredom aint so fanciful more and even the 65-80k projects in the hallowed 911 space aren't selling .. many people cant find someone to do the work an it not equitable anymore..

I would like another 65K 993, project anybody know of or have one.

1 minute ago, WB997.2GTS said:

I would like another 65K 993, project anybody know of or have one.

A 993 aint like the crapper 911s out there ;)  I would build a targa too... shoot why did I sell that 3.8 

12 hours ago, symsy said:

@smit2100   lets have it then fella ....  

Fundamentals: Let me contribute 

I reckon the house market has just topped in  SE QLD.. I have just seen 4 houses straight that I was watching go to auction , pass in and now go to market with offers over ..   Most had been moving at EOI and no prices hardly placed on property in the 1-2.5 Mil region , that I have been watching , some 0.5-1.2 . Lower end market boosted 30-55%. because young ones cant get in and in FOMO .. but will hurt if interest rates boost

The 993 RS .. white of course just sold looking at car sales .. in a few hours $700+ - maybe there still legs and everyone is talking about the 30% of aussie very 964 scarce cars being moved in recent times

GT3 997 - Are over priced and or slow / no market 

GT3 996 - hit tops in the 250-275 region and cars now back below the 250 water mark?

Bitcoin - I cant keep track and Im too late 

What else ya got ?  Ah yes cos you till own one no doubt 996 Turbos on the up 

Bit of a wakeup call up with the passing of Shane Warne as I am getting  closer to the wrong side of half a century and need to  keeping a closer eye on my  health.

As a bit of a hedge against a dodgy prostrate in the future,  looking at parking  some dollars in TLX (asx ticker).  Either potential for extra play money ( thinking circa below  4.50  below is good value.   If not buying,  at least remember the stock code as if you are diagnosed with Prostrate cancer into the  near future  you probably  contributed indirectly / directly to their bottom line in using  their patented and  recently FDA  approved liquid gold boosted by isotopes  along with extending the seat time behind your p car of choice.

Easy and quick  boost hits with little outlay are going to be harder to come by.  Thinking  turbo charging with a P badge is about as good as it gets 996 vintage and below.   So  going long with a savings campaign ( none of this buy now pay later fad thats had its day (would  you buy privately using square / zip ) for a greater investmemt  in a naturally aspirated V8  (eg patience required to let some of the hot  mag  particles in the shockers cool down post  covid itches that were scratched  during the delta phase  and perhaps one or two owners   showing   signs of scarring /  bleeding.   Will patiently wait with my extended beer budget and offload the existing N/A V8 with the paddle shifters  and get my   hands on a gated 6 speed knob with 3 pedals .  Strictly departing with cash only during  happy hour ( post hitting 50).  A banger to be made down the track as will be a modern day classic linked to a turn of the century modern day movie classic  prop. However,  ideally would  depart on  the movie prop colour and obviously look for a  untouched white one prior to  a few tweaks ( tune and valved exhaust black  badges and exhaust tips). 

$100,000 usd  a tonne for  nickel on LME.  170% in 2 days.  We missed the boat there.   The house boat ( LME took a direct hit ) and shutdown the diesel engine to let it cool off.  Why?   A chinese tycoon   reportedly shorted  nickel and got a call from their broker to deposit 10 figures to start buying physical amounts to  close out a margin call.  Those on the write side of the trade can't collect with no gang plank to get access to the house boat.  The tycoon ( producer)  wanted to maintain their  credit rating and reportedly  had to buy up to close his positions and price went bonkers.

So on nIckel, for an all or nothing.  Thinking  a ten banger.  Eg x10 potential if you go super  super long or -10 banger  to zero.  Price is  circa 10 basis points off  10 modern day Aud  pennies. Smells  like a POS ( Piece of S$%^)   or is there a ASX stock  ticker code that coincidently  shares those letters and had a great run about 5  decades ago for a short time and perhaps a case of back to the future.

Anyone know how much nickel goes into a Taycan Turbo S?

I think your onto something.  Liquidity is going to be a problem if interest rates boost.  Cash will be King.  

4 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Bit of a wakeup call up with the passing of Shane Warne as I am getting  closer to the wrong side of half a century and need to  keeping a closer eye on my  health.

As a bit of a hedge against a dodgy prostrate in the future,  looking at parking  some dollars in TLX (asx ticker).  Either potential for extra play money ( thinking circa below  4.50  below is good value.   If not buying,  at least remember the stock code as if you are diagnosed with Prostrate cancer into the  near future  you probably  contributed indirectly / directly to their bottom line in using  their patented and  recently FDA  approved liquid gold boosted by isotopes  along with extending the seat time behind your p car of choice.

Easy and quick  boost hits with little outlay are going to be harder to come by.  Thinking  turbo charging with a P badge is about as good as it gets 996 vintage and below.   So  going long with a savings campaign ( none of this buy now pay later fad thats had its day (would  you buy privately using square / zip ) for a greater investmemt  in a naturally aspirated V8  (eg patience required to let some of the hot  mag  particles in the shockers cool down post  covid itches that were scratched  during the delta phase  and perhaps one or two owners   showing   signs of scarring /  bleeding.   Will patiently wait with my extended beer budget and offload the existing N/A V8 with the paddle shifters  and get my   hands on a gated 6 speed knob with 3 pedals .  Strictly departing with cash only during  happy hour ( post hitting 50).  A banger to be made down the track as will be a modern day classic linked to a turn of the century modern day movie classic  prop. However,  ideally would  depart on  the movie prop colour and obviously look for a  untouched white one prior to  a few tweaks ( tune and valved exhaust black  badges and exhaust tips). 

$100,000 usd  a tonne for  nickel on LME.  170% in 2 days.  We missed the boat there.   The house boat ( LME took a direct hit ) and shutdown the diesel engine to let it cool off.  Why?   A chinese tycoon   reportedly shorted  nickel and got a call from their broker to deposit 10 figures to start buying physical amounts to  close out a margin call.  Those on the write side of the trade can't collect with no gang plank to get access to the house boat.  The tycoon ( producer)  wanted to maintain their  credit rating and reportedly  had to buy up to close his positions and price went bonkers.

So on nIckel, for an all or nothing.  Thinking  a ten banger.  Eg x10 potential if you go super  super long or -10 banger  to zero.  Price is  circa 10 basis points off  10 modern day Aud  pennies. Smells  like a POS ( Piece of S$%^)   or is there a ASX stock  ticker code that coincidently  shares those letters and had a great run about 5  decades ago for a short time and perhaps a case of back to the future.

Anyone know how much nickel goes into a Taycan Turbo S?

I think your onto something.  Liquidity is going to be a problem if interest rates boost.  Cash will be King.  

Hang on my phone battery died ..my solar panels didnt charge it during the day and my Tesla powerbank, was mounted way to low in the garage and the flood water got into it

Cant wait for cash to have its comeback.. the cafe couldnt change $100 or a $50 bill for their inflated  $13.50 for a cuppa and pastry..  They did offer to take my cash and credit my change back to my card .. go figure 😀

Come in spinner .. talking of cricket , what will they do when they phase out coins... dont coins have Nickel in them ?  Who will win the toss or is that give a toss at the beginning of the game , maybe they will throw a phone in the air and see which side up it lands .. they have unbreakable screens .. graphene and all that ... they are precious metals theses phone thingys.

As for the car thing , I always did think white was the right thing to place your automotive dollars into .  White Turbos are the go.

Thanks for the banter , I think the closest im getting to EV , is my vintage scalextric set , always good to be able to play cars and play with oneself.

To close your telling me dont buy a car or an apartment for my birthday this week...... keep using that pile of $100's as a Monitor stand to save my bad posture ... and perhaps my prostate.

Not too late on BTC.  Sure the 1000x gains are done but plenty of upside.  Think of it as pre-IPO but late getting in we’ll after the first round of funding. It’s volatile but drifting up over time.  Cash is stable but inexorably drifting down.  USD printed doubled the money supply in last two years.   The Yankees ability to export inflation is their magic trick and they’ve been playing to big audiences.  We all think our houses and Porsches $ value going up is our personal ability to select fine things.   In reality it’s a sea of printed cash falling in value compared to scarce things that we hold.  Good time to be borrowing as cash is down 6% this year alone while interest rates are half that. BTC is limited in supply by design so the cash chasing it will go up over time, just like a Byron bay beach house.  Even though the value will drop sometimes as the neighbours bail out to fix liquidity issues.

20 hours ago, symsy said:

3 hours ago, symsy said:

As for the car thing , I always did think white was the right thing to place your automotive dollars into .  White Turbos are the go.

500+ .... I see what you did there Symsy... do I sense a sales campaign commencing :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

No mate .. I asked the question on another page .. would you sell a car that you have owned for 26 years ... for money if you dont have a dire need??    For me that car money would only be translated to another motoring adventure and really what would that be is my question .. as i previously mentioned a manual GT3 or GT3 touring or a 911R ...... but those prices are are stupid boosted for as I said non scarce cars on some levels ...

I would only part with it for a leapfrog into a different market and adventure, its still plenty fast enough and a nice cabin to sit in  

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

Not too late on BTC.  Sure the 1000x gains are done but plenty of upside.  Think of it as pre-IPO but late getting in we’ll after the first round of funding. It’s volatile but drifting up over time.  Cash is stable but inexorably drifting down.  USD printed doubled the money supply in last two years.   The Yankees ability to export inflation is their magic trick and they’ve been playing to big audiences.  We all think our houses and Porsches $ value going up is our personal ability to select fine things.   In reality it’s a sea of printed cash falling in value compared to scarce things that we hold.  Good time to be borrowing as cash is down 6% this year alone while interest rates are half that. BTC is limited in supply by design so the cash chasing it will go up over time, just like a Byron bay beach house.  Even though the value will drop sometimes as the neighbours bail out to fix liquidity issues.

Byron ...is all riverside, beachside places mate .. where you need a porsche jetski

7 hours ago, Coastr said:

Difference being byron bay beach houses have some utility to them.  Bitcoin does not, I have some old socks that are quite scarce, however no one wants them.  Scarcity alone does not equal value.

With that said I do own some, and land in sandbox and some other crazy stuff.  So i'm not really putting my money where my mouth is.

Well, strictly speaking farmland is even better.  But fewer hippies and influencers hang out on farms so it’s less interesting.  Farmland is all about yield and ain’t nobody got time for actual work these days, not when there’s hustle to be had.    Dire Straits had it right in the eighties. 

18 hours ago, symsy said:

Hang on my phone battery died ..my solar panels didnt charge it during the day and my Tesla powerbank, was mounted way to low in the garage and the flood water got into it

Cant wait for cash to have its comeback.. the cafe couldnt change $100 or a $50 bill for their inflated  $13.50 for a cuppa and pastry..  They did offer to take my cash and credit my change back to my card .. go figure 😀

Come in spinner .. talking of cricket , what will they do when they phase out coins... dont coins have Nickel in them ?  Who will win the toss or is that give a toss at the beginning of the game , maybe they will throw a phone in the air and see which side up it lands .. they have unbreakable screens .. graphene and all that ... they are precious metals theses phone thingys.

Thanks for the banter , I think the closest im getting to EV , is my vintage scalextric set , always good to be able to play cars and play with oneself.

To close your telling me dont buy a car or an apartment for my birthday this week...... keep using that pile of $100's as a Monitor stand to save my bad posture ... and perhaps my prostate.

Yeah.   Watch your prostate.  24 hours later after my post if you transacted this morning  with that pile of 100's, got nervous after lunch and checked out,  a circa  x4.5 banger over an annual term deposit account in 6  hours instead of   365 days.  That said  bitcoin has done about the same in the last 36 hours.  Just don't forget your  password/ key so you can check out.  

White is the go  ( no white  wraps) but my budgets a lot thinner than yours and a p  car is out of the question.  So I'm looking at going back to 4 rings and some tweaking of a stock  gated v8 r8  of same  vintage ( same decade) of the poor mans foreray into 911 turbo's  . Master plan my   first drive in gated v8 r8   will result in me handing the keys over to a mechanic who will need then to install an exhaust and test drive it.

Wouln't a  white gated v10 r8  be preferable to a 997gt3. 

Will there  be that  50k circa 2014/2015 aircooled shoulda would coulda hindsight regret moment  be repeated  into the future  I.e Remember when we had the COVID  pandemic and turbo 993's were only circa 500k.  ( imported white ones to be had fot around $395k)  

21 hours ago, symsy said:

No mate .. I asked the question on another page .. would you sell a car that you have owned for 26 years ... for money if you dont have a dire need??    For me that car money would only be translated to another motoring adventure and really what would that be is my question .. as i previously mentioned a manual GT3 or GT3 touring or a 911R ...... but those prices are are stupid boosted for as I said non scarce cars on some levels ...

I would only part with it for a leapfrog into a different market and adventure, its still plenty fast enough and a nice cabin to sit in  

I hear ya Symsy, 26 years is longer than 2 or 3 marraiges! I'm usually good for 2 or 3 years with a prized car then I'm bored. Definately keep the your gem, she's hard to find, easy to live with and you love her! The absolute perfect mix of aircooled, performance, creature comforts, style, and well, "the vibe". And she's white !! All going well she may be worth a mill in another 5 or so years.

$$$$ wise I don't regret selling my black one coz I moved on to other gems but I sure wish she was still mine, just a perfect all around Pcar. 2012 bargain brought around $80, 2015 sold around $250, 2016 going for around $350 and 5 years later going for around $450 and a bit. Hard to see them at a mill - but in 2012 it was hard to imagine them 5 times the price in 10 years time.