Magnus Walker's 924 CGT - from Sydney

Dreamr

A lot of cars are now heading overseas. I know of 2 911's that went this month to the UK.

Wonder what Magnus is driving from Perth to Brisbane soon? 

28 minutes ago, XLR8 said:

Yeah, he's had it for about 18 months now, maybe a touch longer. I didn't know it came via Aus though.

I can't be 100% sure but I think it came from my area of the NSW Central Coast ... I seem to remember that there was a silver 924 CGT ex Japan living 2 suburbs from me ....

It went really cheap ... well, by today's standards anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing ....

Unloved outlaw? I doubt there would be any Porsche enthusiast that would not want one in his/her garage.

I would put that back to original. Sorry Magnus but that looks hideous (that is just my opinion. Others, including Magnus would love it).

I remember when they first came out (I had a 924 at the time) and I could only dream of having one,way beyond my income capacity at the time though?.

3legs

13 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Unloved outlaw? I doubt there would be any Porsche enthusiast that would not want one in his/her garage.

I would put that back to original. Sorry Magnus but that looks hideous (that is just my opinion. Others, including Magnus would love it).

I remember when they first came out (I had a 924 at the time) and I could only dream of having one,way beyond my income capacity at the time though?.

3legs

Its a bit rich to say the 924 Carrera GT is unloved.  They have been sought after for a while, I remember reading about Derek Bell's car a number of years ago.

Personally I agree regarding the looks from my perspective, however I quite like the fact that he has made the 924 he wants and doesn't follow anyone else's trends

And they should empty all the car museums and give the cars to people who’ll drive them !! 

he’s in a fortunate position (achieved through his own hard work) to be able to have these cars, people opinions of him are too often driven by jealousy.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ossie said:

Just bought myself a Carrera GT, it's sailing here on the ship now.  Magnus's video was a big inspiration!

carrera_gt.jpg

Bought my 924 Turbo with plans of turning it into a Carrera GT clone  .. that is now never going to happen.

A bucket list car for sure! That looks stunning ...  Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Bought my 924 Turbo with plans of turning it into a Carrera GT clone  .. that is now never going to happen.

A bucket list car for sure! That looks stunning ...  Enjoy!

Thanks, looks better in the photo than it really is, but it's an original car that will clean up well.

No I wouldn't mess with a 924 Turbo now, it will be worth more in the long run if left original.

Archived