Richmonds...

TwoHeadsTas

Anyone that has a couple of hours to spare in Adelaide that doesn't go to Richmonds is crazy!!!

Managed a visit yesterday with my wife's cousin.  Fantastic display of cars - 996 GT2, 991 GT3RS, 911 SC x several, 997 GT3CS, 991 Cup car etc.  Really nice people to talk to, happy for you to just wander about.

I'd be very happy to take the 997 GT3CS home...

I frequent their site often ,,,looks like a great set up they have rustic timber floors and old dated brick work in what looks to be an old  warehouse ,,,always have a great variety of quality cars for sale ...

Yep, great place to lose an hour or more.  My folks live just around the corner, and since Richmonds moved in, I've visited my folks more often than ever before!

They've dropped some serious coin on getting this showroom/workshop/storage facility up to a great level.

Always interesting stock, and great guys always happy for a chat & not stressed if you're just in for a look / drool.

23 hours ago, LeeM said:

Should have give us a shout mate. Always up for a visit and coffee at Richmonds 

Sorry Lee, fairly last minute decision when he offered to act as Taxi.  Ended up expensive still though as my wife went shopping with his wife....

I bought my Lamborghini from them. Service was top notch even though I probably bought the cheapest car they had in the showroom at the time. I was dealing with David (Owner?) whom was a consummate professional. No pressure to buy, was happy to answer questions and was very honest about the car and his thoughts on it. I’d spoken to him at 3p.m on I think a Tuesday to say I’d think about it overnight and get back to him. At 9:30 that night I sent him a text to say I’d buy it and to please forward me account numbers. He got back to me within 5 minutes saying my word I would buy was enough for him and to just make sure it was paid for in full before I flew down. Fair call and I appreciated his candour.

Over the next few days sent the money over and he took care of the rest. When I told him I was going to drive the car back to Newcastle he was super helpful with advice on places to stay with good parking and food etc. I very much got the feeling that they are enthusiasts and when they pick up that you are too they go the extra mile.

I called David on our arrival at the airport who said he would be there in 5 minutes and I would know the car he was in. Yep it wasn’t hard to pick the mint gold 1980s Rolls Royce lol.

When we got back to the showroom the car was parked ready to go with a full tank and everything that came with it from the factory right down the Lamborghini kids colouring set. Normally this stuff would be long gone at a dealership. David also included some extra coffee table books on the history of Lamborghini that he thought I might like. We had a coffee and a look around whilst he did the last of the paperwork. Again stress free and relaxed.

In the following days I got the odd text to ask how the trip was going and if I had any questions or needed any help with anything. This is the real sign of good service. Unlike a lot of shops/dealerships once you have paid for something they are off looking for the next customer. I’d bought a cheap Gallardo but the service was new McLaren level.

Anyway as such from my experience dealing with them and the service I got I keep an eye on what they have in stock as I would buy from them again without issue. Whilst they aren’t cheap I’m pretty confident I’d know what I’d be getting.

Spoke to my mate last night that purchased his 996.2GT3RS through Richmond’s. Same as uncle great experience organised transport etc. he has also purchased through Dutton’s and said that Richmond’s were certainly streets ahead and would deal with them again.

Kurt If they treat their buyers well I’m sure they would look after sellers just as well. Im was told by Dutton’s they have a high repeat customer where they often sell the same car a few years later. Its often a revolving door at this kind of level.

Edgy, Richmonds are fantastic.

Uncle described exactly the type of blokes they are and the service you get.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them or sell with them again. Speak to David or Carlo.

If you need more info send me a message.

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Edgy, Richmonds are fantastic.

Uncle described exactly the type of blokes they are and the service you get.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them or sell with them again. Speak to David or Carlo.

If you need more info send me a message.

Thank you! I have been talking with them all week, and I’m glad to say we will be doing business. 👍 

I looked at selling my GT3 with them a couple of years back. Whilst I ended up going privately, they seemed like very laid back (in a positive way), no pressure and professional people. David is one if a nicer blokes you'll meet in the car world. Another time I rang him to see if selling our Cayenne through them would be an option, not only was he up front in saying that particular car would be best sold privately (given the model and the stock they already had at the time), but he actually took the time to research recent sales using his dealer access to carsales and got back to me two days later with some guidance on where I should set the sale price. Unbelievably good level of service! I don't get down there enough, only because I feel bad dropping in to just drool!

4 hours ago, spiller said:

I don't get down there enough, only because I feel bad dropping in to just drool!

Theres that Seen through glass world tour guy at Richmonds this Friday from 5 till 7 if ya wanna drop in mate 

3 minutes ago, mhh said:

I'd be there but I'll be interstate. I've lent them my GT2RS for display on the day. I just hope the youtuber Sam is somewhere other than Adelaide today!

I'll take it for a quick spin in the hills to keep the battery charged Mark 👍😁

And yeah, I left site at 10am as it was already 41😓 

Had a look at his Adelaide videos yesterday. The Richmonds turn out looked fantastic, far more there than I expected and looked like a good spread of food too. Seems his visit to Adelaide was a bit rushed which is a shame but I guess he’s got to keep to a tight schedule.

Archived