Is it wrong to name your car?

Caver

Just going to put it out there....

Is it wrong to have a name for your car?

What about a gender assignment? Is it male or female?

How often do you find yourself saying "she's a good old girl" or "he's pretty revved up" etc.

I remember an old school friend had a Holden Premier and it was named "Neville" (anyone over 50 from NSW will work that one out).

Will anyone admit to a car name? I'm asking because the prior owner of my car told me "her" name. I'm loathe to disclose in case the other P-Cars snigger!

I don't think it is wrong to name a car or give it a gender.

Not for me though. It's not like they are alive ;)

And though I know quite a few people who have names for their cars I have never met anybody who used the same name as the PO.

Sorry guys, my first one came with the original number plate starting with IGY, so it was beyond my control.

When I got the second one, I named him after a TV character, Dexter, or DEX, who "Commits acts of evil, in the name of good".

IGY and DEX now live happily, stacked one on top of the other, out in the garage... :rolleyes::D

Kerry

A colleague has "Molly Magna".

A premier called Neville? Kingswood Country? and I am not 50!

NSW Premier from 1976-1986 was Neville Wran. Nothing to do with Kingswood Country...not the Boxster...I've just gladwrapped the number plates.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Cyberpunky, an Australian "Portia"....

Actually, I'll level with you all. My Boxster is called "Nelle" after Portia de Rossi's on-screen character Nelle Porter in Ally McBeal. That was the explanation offered by the previous owner.

From Wiki:

"Dean Jeffries, who had a paint shop next to Barris did the customizing work which consisted of: painting '130' in black non-permanent paint on the front hood, doors and rear deck lid. He also painted "Little Bastard" in script across the rear cowling. The red leather bucket seats and red tail stripes were original. The tail stripes were painted by the Stuttgart factory, which was customary on the Spyders for racing ID."

Cheers Guys, I knew I might have seen it somewhere. Also worth remembering it wasn't the little bastard that did him in - someone driving n the wrong side of the road if I remember.... Ahhhhh, another failing memory!

Kerry

Archived