Gran Turismo - 996 GT3 - looks amazing!

firecall999

Just browsing the forums and thought I'd share. 

So i got the kids a PS4 Pro and the VR headset. I used to play GT way back in PS2 days and hadnt played for years, so picked up the latest version. 

They have Porsche now! And being a 996 owner I bought the 996 GT3. It's so awesome. In silver it's almost like my own 996 😉

The game with the VR headset on is also amazing... i can see me 'investing' in a steering wheel and peddles now LOL. 

Anyway - just thought I'd share how awesome it is. I should get a screen shot and post :D

• 11 months later...

Given the lack of other options I’ve been firing this up and racing the 996 GT3 now and then. Great fun! The trick is stop and go to bed before you get too carried away on ideas for a race seat, wheel, pedals, etc! 😂

On 10/05/2019 at 18:57, firecall999 said:

That is a great video - the game does a good job of making the 996 GT3 look amazing!

It's been so many years for me since i've even looked at Gran Turismo, and I cannot believe that is even a game i'm watching.

Pour another glass of red for me, and in a few mins, I'd believe you have just shown me a video of your track day. 

24 minutes ago, firstone said:

Good idea. What's the options for wheel and pedals for this? I know nothing. 

I used to have a setup years ago with a Logitech wheel that was ok, if I did it again for the PS4 I'd buy this. You can get higher end ones but that would be more than I'd want to spend, given I'll inevitably play it for a weekend then never touch it again... 🤣 Mind you I could more or less say the same about my 996 at the moment!

Just bought a PS4 for the first time,  enjoying mastering Rallycross on Dirt Rally and just dabbled with Gran Turismo .........using the joystick is tricky so I’ve been thinking I need wheel and pedals.  I had Logitech G29 in mind.  You can spend mega bucks on a sim rig, seat, wheel, pedal etc but I’m not that serious.

$1,500 for just a wheel 😲😲

why is it so much better than a $450 Logitech?

any good second hand?

On 05/05/2019 at 15:16, JWM said:

I found this video online which shows it pretty well...

Sounds like a cup car with sequential box 

26 minutes ago, DJM said:

Just bought a PS4 for the first time,  enjoying mastering Rallycross on Dirt Rally and just dabbled with Gran Turismo .........using the joystick is tricky so I’ve been thinking I need wheel and pedals.  I had Logitech G29 in mind.  You can spend mega bucks on a sim rig, seat, wheel, pedal etc but I’m not that serious.

$1,500 for just a wheel 😲😲

why is it so much better than a $450 Logitech?

any good second hand?

Sounds like a cup car with sequential box 

Been looking for S/hand, pretty much everything snapped up already, but Cash Converters had a couple listed as pick up only, so you'd need to be local to the shop