1980 SC trim items - found

Tips

Looking for some trim items to clean up the SC.

it has the puffy sun visor syndrome so looking for 2 black sunvisors or suggestions on where I can source. Has anyone sent there’s off locally to be retrimed? Is prostitch an option?

also need left door card lower arm rest storage section. It’s plastic  covered by carpet and mine has broken where it attaches to the arm rest. I could do a repair of sorts but wanted to see if someone had one first.

any ideas or parts would be welcome. I’m Sydney based but travel interstate regularly so can collect.

Hey Tips , 

I bit the bullet an got two new ones from  PCM . Well worth it for me  , otherwise I would jump on Sierra Madre and buy OEM style ones. I feel like you can buy the lower bin section too if you look hard enough . Fell like i saw them a while ago. 

Best of luck

8 hours ago, Steve88 said:

Hey Tips , 

I bit the bullet an got two new ones from  PCM . Well worth it for me  , otherwise I would jump on Sierra Madre and buy OEM style ones. I feel like you can buy the lower bin section too if you look hard enough . Fell like i saw them a while ago. 

Best of luck

Thanks Steve. Do you know what the cost was from PCM for the visors as I was just quoted $450 to restore the current ones 😮

Tips, 

I bought a pair of sunvisors from Lakewell & I'm very happy with the quality. I must admit that the Pacific Peso was better when I bought them.

http://www.lakewell.com/en/porsche/911/74-83/sunvisors-pair-porsche-911-74-89

ion1QsL.jpg

In the photo below, is this the piece that is broken on your door pocket? There is a repair kit available to fix it on eBay, the postage is over the top from this eBay seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-Door-Pocket-Repair-Kit-/281495390132

s-l1600.jpg

Otherwise Sierra Madre have ABS door pockets available.

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Door-Pocket-Set-ABS-Molded-Smooth-911-912-930-964-74-94-p54283.html271646.png

4 hours ago, 81SC said:

. I must admit that the Pacific Peso was better when I bought them.

Thanks that’s exactly what I needed. Bloody brexit exchange rate though, shipped it’s only $30 less than having them refurbished locally. 

Gives me an option though. 

That repair kit WTF 😮 that’s a ridiculous price for two bits of plastic.

Much appreciated. 

16 hours ago, Tips said:

Thanks Steve. Do you know what the cost was from PCM for the visors as I was just quoted $450 to restore the current ones 😮

Hey mate cant remember maybe a little north of that for the pair . They are pretty swish though

Just got a quote from PCSS in stock and $1,316.60 the pair from my perspective, at that price they will have stock for a loooooong time.

i don’t expect there would be a big difference by dealer but I may just try PCM anyway.

Maybe shoot Dave @ Volkstrim a message via Facebook.  He's in Melbourne.
He's an absolute legend and artisan at what he does.  He's known for his VW upholstery, I'm sure he could help out with your visors.

Can't hurt to ask. https://www.facebook.com/volkstrim/

He actually just did a set of seats for a 928 and they came out looking great!

• 1 month later...

A quick Update. I inquired at all the usual places and quite shocked at the quoted pricing for local reconditioning or new OEM sun visors.

ended up picking a new pair up from design 911 along with a set of door bins which even after exchange rate and shipping was cheaper than what I could source second hand/refurb parts locally. I will fit them when I get back from OS and provide an update.

• 1 month later...

So thought I would share the trim updates.

new sun visors going from puffy to slim

A022-DA44-B5-D1-4-C44-837-E-85-CCE59317-

FCE05274-D859-4-FDF-B55-F-04-ED4-A4-E67-

New door bins as old were cracked and bulged in the centre. Passenger side was a lot worse

old bin where it was broken and separated from the door handle area

1-FF45231-1666-4708-AFD2-FFC8435-F24-C6.

New bin fitting much better. These are also lined with felt on the inside so much quieter as the garage door remote used to bounce around. Drivers side old bin was a lot better than passengers and whilst in the photos it looks negligible (old to new) certainly was more noticeable in the flesh

75336003-C75-E-4-AAA-8-BFC-55-E9-D2-C651

Certainly worth the investment in time chasing new ones down and only took about 2 hours to install everything.

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Love the red interior.

Why do they go puffy?  Does anyone actually know?

Thanks Coastr. I was told by prostitch that apparently the foam inside comes away from the centre board and expands and deteriorates. They have a process where the slit the visor remove the board and put in new foam and then glue it all back together. $450 a pair was the quote.