The Alfarrari. My Ferrari engined Alfa 105 build

On 27/02/2023 at 12:08, OZ930 said:

I have listened to your explanation and I still have a question.  Are you sure that vacuum opens the secondary ports? I would have thought that vacuum closes the ports.

Definitely opens them. I have ended up buying the original Ferrari vacuum tank and some solenoids to actuate it as Ferrari intended ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff, just thinking out loud here but an extention of the radiator cover shaped to cover all the vacuum tubes and front of engine would look good. Sort of fits between the 2 air intakes. Hopefully that makes sense.

Whether that affects the cooling i'm not sure but would make it look less "messy".

13 hours ago, 3legs said:

Hey Jeff, just thinking out loud here but an extention of the radiator cover shaped to cover all the vacuum tubes and front of engine would look good. Sort of fits between the 2 air intakes. Hopefully that makes sense.

Whether that affects the cooling i'm not sure but would make it look less "messy".

I might consider something like that later, but as the bonnet flips forward you are always going to be looking at the sides of the engine anyway.