The Alfarrari. My Ferrari engined Alfa 105 build

I reckon part of the heating problem is being static in the garage with no air flow through the radiator whilst driving it.

The team I rode for had the same problem with my racebike when they were on the dyno, as they didn't have a big fan and it ran at 90-95°, yet as soon as we got it to the track and I was racing the next day with warmer ambient temp, it was consistently running at 78-84° at 260kph.

Even my old Hiace van was overheating at the lights when the fans were dicky, yet normal op temp when it's driving

Great news Jeff - just a suggestion, in your driving video the lap sash of the seat belt looks to be too high and the stalk should perhaps be shortened to ensure it is properly placed.

image.thumb.png.ba5f37066459342654328cf5612a4db1.png

On 04/03/2024 at 08:48, 42 South said:

Great news Jeff - just a suggestion, in your driving video the lap sash of the seat belt looks to be too high and the stalk should perhaps be shortened to ensure it is properly placed.

image.thumb.png.ba5f37066459342654328cf5612a4db1.png

It definitely was. The catch was stuck behind the seat and by the time I realised I couldn't be bothered to get out and flip the seat forward to get it into the correct spot so I just went with it ;)

13 hours ago, LeeM said:

So how was it driving it with a bit of anger mate? 

Steering is terrible. Super slow, so that is something I am already working on. Still too loud, the tune is not right yet, and the brakes need another bleed, but it definitely has some poke :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MFX said:

This week I try to tackle the Alfarrari's steering issues. There is a lot to consider with steering including bump steer and ackerman, but I tackle it head on in this episode.

No show.

• 4 weeks later...