Oops!

LeeM

7 hours ago, MARTY said:

Bloody hell that is a mess hope everyone walked away ok

Yeah all good there mate. Myopic moron in the SUV had his pregnant wife in the car, yet no injuries or problems to all involved 

7 hours ago, Airhead said:

That's torn it. 🙄

Yyyup...literally 😁

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

So many good memories with that car when it was up here .. 😥

He's gutted mate. Especially as he blew a diff a month ago and spent $5000 having an LSD fitted. You'll see it up for sale as a whole car sooner than later I expect. At least he still has his SC that is in the middle of being painted, yet he was just starting to really enjoy the 944

4 hours ago, Paulm said:

easy fix get home weld multiple plates on to damaged inner fender...

Yeah nah. Insured over market value (in my opinion), so it will be written off we expect 

Oh, and he was at 100kph, and says he probably had 20 metres to brake and swerve. Hit the side rear of the SUV and spun him around Mad Max style. It was either that or head into the forest with big trees. Know what I would have chosen 

Never nice when this happens, real shame.  Good that everyone is uninjured.

Not repairable?  Chassis bent?

Just to throw a hypothetical out there, had you been doing over the posted limit, you would have been passed this point of impact and it would not have happened.  Ironic eh?  Not to say something else would not have happened, because you would have been in a different “time” zone.  Karma at it’s best.

Too deep ?

7 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Never nice when this happens, real shame.  Good that everyone is uninjured.

Not repairable?  Chassis bent?

Just to throw a hypothetical out there, had you been doing over the posted limit, you would have been passed this point of impact and it would not have happened.  Ironic eh?  Not to say something else would not have happened, because you would have been in a different “time” zone.  Karma at it’s best.

Too deep ?

Will know soon enough whether it IS a write off, yet to me it looks toast, as only new parts from Porsche are considered by Shannon's, plus I'd say the chassis is bent due to the doors unable to open and the rear guard bent, though I'm no panel repairer. I wouldnt want to fix it anyway. 

He was at the posted speed limit, yet I do get your point that being over the limit may have avoided the accident, yet the other car could have turned earlier/later and it would have been very ugly with a T bone. Coulda, woulda, shoulda etc. We'll never know, yet everyone is ok which is the main thing 

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Will know soon enough whether it IS a write off, yet to me it looks toast, as only new parts from Porsche are considered by Shannon's, plus I'd say the chassis is bent due to the doors unable to open and the rear guard bent, though I'm no panel repairer. I wouldnt want to fix it anyway. 

He was at the posted speed limit, yet I do get your point that being over the limit may have avoided the accident, yet the other car could have turned earlier/later and it would have been very ugly with a T bone. Coulda, woulda, shoulda etc. We'll never know, yet everyone is ok which is the main thing 

The same theory could apply by being under the limit.  Just a time line theory really.

it’s like going on a trip with the family and they want you to stop for an ice cream.  “Where would you have been if you hadn’t stopped?” type of question.

I think of this weird stuff all time.