A prosperous or bleak future?

9 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Bottom line here is the crystal ball has not yet made an appearance.  I bought a crystal ball and I do not think it functions perfectly but what it did say is:

The baby boomer theory, suggesting doom and gloom, does not compute as the majority of these "boomers" will die over the next 20 years and their wealth will pass on to the next generation who are already living the high life based on their well paying jobs which they spend every week having fun, because they know that down the track they will inherit their parents house and investments. 

The baby boomers were really great savers and most now own their home and many have a healthy super and maybe an investment property etc, and they are not spending all their wealth so the next generation is already funded to have a prosperous life.  It's the grandkids that are the real worry here.   In 40 years that is when there will be a big problem as the Gen Y kids will have spent all their inheritance on having a good time and as they are not great savers like their parents were, so they will have less to pass on to their kids and as such their kids will be in real trouble.

My crystal ball did predict though that the wise investor should invest in health and aged care to cater for all these Boomers that are getting old.

THIS. 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

My missus is a mentor/support worker for the intellectually disabled, and I can guarantee she isn't on $180k per year mate, so I'd say you might be out of luck there 😁

They are looking for people if you're keen though 😁

@Stephen Tinker I smashed my crystal ball years ago mate. It was never telling me what I wanted to hear 🙄 I am fortunate to be living in the best country in the world 👍

I am guardian for my nephew (21) who has an intellectual disability so I can confirm it costs us (taxpayer) $200k per year for him to be cared for in a shared house, so 2 people @$200k each = $400k plus they charge Dylan 65% of his pension for food and incidentals.......there is one full time carer 24/7 for the 10 or so persons living in the facility and casual carers providing additional care when the occupants are not at work! The only people making any money are the third party service providers working through the NDIS

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

My missus is a mentor/support worker for the intellectually disabled, and I can guarantee she isn't on $180k per year mate, so I'd say you might be out of luck there 😁

@Stephen Tinker I smashed my crystal ball years ago mate. It was never telling me what I wanted to hear 🙄 I am fortunate to be living in the best country in the world 👍

No I’m out . I supported a worker from home who looked after his parents until they passed away .

Tough job that one and admire all who have the patience and care to be able to look after anyone that needs help .

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

No I’m out . I supported a worker from home who looked after his parents until they passed away .

Tough job that one and admire all who have the patience and care to be able to look after anyone that needs help .

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

@Harsh

I just read that out to my missus, and all she said was "Yyyep!" 

@wilson59 Yeah mate, I'm very proud of my missus, as it's not just a job to her. She recently won a state award for her services to the industry. If they'd seen her at home after a few too many sherbets at the awards show, I'm pretty sure they'd take the award off of her! 😁

16 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Harsh

I just read that out to my missus, and all she said was "Yyyep!" 

@wilson59 Yeah mate, I'm very proud of my missus, as it's not just a job to her. She recently won a state award for her services to the industry. If they'd seen her at home after a few too many sherbets at the awards show, I'm pretty sure they'd take the award off of her! 😁

Are ya gunna read this out to her? 😉😂

2 hours ago, Grimmy said:

Every single day I consider that I won the lottery of life living in Australia. 

Yes. Especially the part i live in.

4 hours ago, firstone said:

Are ya gunna read this out to her? 😉😂

Mate, I have photographic evidence of just the 5 minute car ride home with her getting her kit off, so me saying anything about her (and her about me) online is very common, and expected knowledge. She's a quiet one, yet after champagne, she turns into a complete dickhead and ends up driving the porcelain bus for a few hours 😂