1994 968

crsedge

Hi All,

Have moved my initial positing from 'Rumour File' to its rightful home here in the Front Engine Section-

1994 968 bought from Alan996TT and arrived to me on October 4 2019 (also ex-Rob car here on PFA too). Aussie, manual, blue leather interior with many Clubsport features including suspension, rear spoiler, steering wheel and 17” cups.

Alan was a fantastic seller, car arrived from Brisbane to Melb via CEVA and I picked her up yesterday. The car is in amazing condition for its age 😎

I have been following the 968 market for over 10 years and have added her to my stable. I am a train commuter for work and it will be used as an occasional semi-daily, the kids fit in the back well and were very excited when we went for our first drive today 👍

I have some plans for a wheel change and livery but otherwise ‘get in and drive’. Nice to have a ‘going P car’ whilst the 914/6 GT project rolls on 😎

Thanks @9fan for the chats re 968s over the journey and the passenger seat drive 👍

Here it is following a wash.

Cheers

Craig

C97EA675-0FE8-4D74-9BF4-8204237BA5A9.jpeg

3B3E4EA6-6DD4-416C-8159-1A8A0B6FBEC8.jpeg

34CDFEFD-2644-4F78-ADC2-D6A6502028D5.jpeg

E7EB99B4-19AF-4C6E-A4AA-182376227744.jpeg

•  

I am all for individualising our cars, with the preference to do things that can be changed back if so desired at any stage.

Given this, my first change was to break up the Midnight Blue paintwork. I considered applying the Clubsport Livery but given it isn't a CS and I wanted something different then that is what I went with :)

I have always liked the 997 GT3 RS chequered flag livery so had this specifically made to fit the 968 dimensions. Though I understand this isn't for everyone, I love it :)

968 flag.jpg

My next change was the wheels.

I debated using spacers to make the stance wider and painting the Cup 1 wheels white but after looking into the legalities of spacers came up with a definite 'No'!

I then thought about various wheel options to gain the look I wanted. After much too-ing and fro-ing, I managed to convince @9fan to part with these babies which IMO look great. Four hours cleaning them up before fitting tyres on Friday!

18x 8"s on the front with 18x 10" on the rear :)

968.2.jpg

968.1.jpg

Good job on purchasing a truly sensational car.  Although I own a tipper version of this car (completing the trifecta of 'unlove' being water cooled, front engine and auto), I'm pretty sure of my belief that this is yet another example of someone buying a sensational car.  Congratulation and enjoy 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Car looks sensational. I like the GT3 treatment. I thought those wheels looked familiar lol. I thought the bridge spoiler was standard on all MY94's ?

Jakroo, That is meant to be the only decent auto fitted to 944/968 series, so definitely not a bad thing and thank god people don't love our cars as I never would have been able to afford one otherwise lol The fraise don't know what they are missing srings to mind ;)

That's a nice looking car, and who doesn't love BBS wheels. Also love the fact an 18 x 10" wheel fits easily under the rear, and doesn't look out of place. Having just fitted new tyres to mine, what did you fit to these wheels?