Current Insurance Landscape..

JB

2 hours ago, Eden said:

Just some extra info - I've been with Shannons for 20+ years. Renewal just came through and for a 996 C2 with agreed value @ $55K they wanted $2K (up ~17%). That's with 3 vehicles + home and contents with them too. Haven't made a claim in 15 years.

Wouldn't budge on pricing.

MB quoted me $1,400 for the same, so sadly moved away from Shannons - they've always been good to deal with, but it seems the last few years there are a whole lot more marketing promotions vs. good customer service.

Also had my bike premium go up by ~$20%. QBE actually answered the phone and saved me another couple hundred dollars. Happy enough with that.

Bottom line, loyalty means nothing today. Shop around.

Sadly, so true re loyalty (Banks & Insurance dont give a flying f@$k about their customers).  I've been with MB for a few years now with various cars.  Always good premiums & the odd very minor claim has not been problematic so far.

• 1 year later...
On 14/02/2023 at 10:01, Joz said:

Just beware of loyalty tax.

My sons premium went up 30% without any claims (not a Porsche). We changed.

Late reply to this - I'm going through this thread as I'm looking at insurers now. Auto & General (underwriting several brands in Australia) had, at one time, a formula involving age, policy age (i.e. loyalty) and some others that resulted in a 40 - 45% premium increase YoY, and were quite proud of the fact that it maximised profitability as it only saw about a 15% drop-off in clientele.

Virgin tried that with my buildings insurance last year which obviously prompted a move without me bothering to give them a chance to correct.

Beware the loyalty tax indeed.

On a side note, just got quotes from Shannons, MB and Enthusiast on an old Cayenne. Shannons was roughly 3x the price of the other two.