Adelaide Rally 2020

Rick V

Hey @wilson59 & @Shedpest, yeah like you guys I did the Prima last year & I’m thinking about stepping it up to 3 day Main tour this year.  Have you lads registered yet? &/or will you go direct, or via the PCA Porsche group? (I think PCA field about 20 cars & wrap it up into a bit of a package deal).

1 minute ago, Rick V said:

Hey @wilson59 & @Shedpest, yeah like you guys I did the Prima last year & I’m thinking about stepping it up to 3 day Main tour this year.  Have you lads registered yet? &/or will you go direct, or via the PCA Porsche group? (I think PCA field about 20 cars & wrap it up into a bit of a package deal).

I would prefer that . I e mailed PCA but got no reply .

Let me know what your doing and I will do the same 

On 26/08/2020 at 10:46, Rick V said:

I’ll go via PCSA & let you know 👍

Hi Rick . How did you get on with PCSA?

I saw an e mail go out today with only a few spots left on the Spirit Tour which is strange as this is the first I had heard they were actually involved in having one 

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Hi Rick . How did you get on with PCSA?

I saw an e mail go out today with only a few spots left on the Spirit Tour which is strange as this is the first I had heard they were actually involved in having one 

Catching up with a few PCSA lads tomorrow morning for a hills run....will get the latest and let you know.

2 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Catching up with a few PCSA lads tomorrow morning for a hills run....will get the latest and let you know.

Thanks . I am heading out for a belt in the morning might see you along the way . Which way you heading ? 

Hi Paul, nah, there was a late change of route and we ended up with about 8 cars & headed down to Strathalbyn via Hahndorf!. Top day for blowing out some cobwebs though wasn’t it. 

I’ll give you a heads-up next  time if Saturday mornings work for you & your keen to join us.

A few of the guys are trying to put together a group of 10 Pcars to enter the Main Tour at a group discount ( apparently you only get a PCA invite if you’ve bought a new car through them, and no-one seems to know what PCSA is doing)...... if you’re keen, can you & @ShedpestPM me your email addresses and I will add the 3 of us to the group.  

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Hi Paul, nah, there was a late change of route and we ended up with about 8 cars & headed down to Strathalbyn via Hahndorf!. Top day for blowing out some cobwebs though wasn’t it. 

Great day for a last minute spin yesterday. Andrew and I headed to Strath early via Clarendon

On 30/08/2020 at 13:59, Rick V said:

Hey @LeeM.... amazing that we didn't see you guys down that way.  Must get back to Uraidla for coffee and run in the coming months 

We headed out early to Strath by 8.30ish via Clarendon goat track (man thats got worse!), then back via Maccy and Stirling around 10.30ish.

No worries re Uraidla 👍 Heading to The Bend this Saturday for the Classic. Theres the 1 of 20 Porsche GT1's that was purchased by a local recently (no points for guessing who that was!) that's going to be on track, so it'd be worth going just for that. Think theres around 70-80 cars entered all up

17 hours ago, LeeM said:

Clarendon goat track (man thats got worse!)

Yep,  it's certainly not getting any better.

Had a crack at it yesterday arvo after taking the missus to the Victory for lunch, she did ask if it was part of the rally and I said I hope not.

Wasn't so bad in the 996 but brutal in the three Gin and Tonic's.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, LeeM said:

If you haven't heard, the Adelaide rally has been postponed until March '21, as we are now in lockdown due to one fkn IDIOT

That's all it takes unfortunately. Feeling for you guys in SA, hopefully you can get it contained quickly. 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

That's all it takes unfortunately. Feeling for you guys in SA, hopefully you can get it contained quickly. 

👍 That it does mate. No comparison to what you Vic's went through, yet as much as its a pain that we're unable to work (our mob has extended us by a few extra days 🙄), it's a week out of our lives

I'm guessing the Stuttgart Stormers is you guys Rick?!

On 30/08/2020 at 11:04, Rick V said:

A few of the guys are trying to put together a group of 10 Pcars to enter the Main Tour at a group discount ( apparently you only get a PCA invite if you’ve bought a new car through them, and no-one seems to know what PCSA is doing)...... if you’re keen, can you & @ShedpestPM me your email addresses and I will add the 3 of us to the group.