Alternate Options

I get asked about cheap 911's at least once a week. Even building it yourself, they are a LOT more than $35k. I bought my basket case for an absolute bargain 5 years ago. That was a complete, badly converted car with a blown engine, and even with the super cheap buy in price from back then it has cost me multiples of your budget. 

The cheapest way to get into an air cooled 911 project is to buy a cosmetically rough LHD or converted car that is mechanically sound. DO NOT BUY A SHELL and hope to build it up. An incomplete 911 shell pretty much has a negative value because Porsche parts prices are crazy. Cosmetically it is just a car, and costs the same as anything else. If you need to chase down a bunch of little parts from the interior, etc, you will drown in the bills. Mechanically, these cars cost an insane amount of money for what they are. I can tell you that buying a Ferrari engine for my other project was MUCH cheaper than building my 911 engine. 

>A lot of people said before that the Aircooled 911 market is just a bubble waiting to pop in the forseeable future but I don't see that happening at all

it will pop when everything else is dead.  They are expensive but not as expensive as depreciation.  You have to pivot your thinking away from horsepower for the money to collectibility for the money.  

Buy once cry once was the advice I was given back in the day.  I’m glad I took it.

They are not as expensive as an equivalent f-car and more expensive than an equivalent year FIAT . 

On 06/01/2021 at 21:36, MFX said:

I very much doubt it is a G50 but even with a 915 that looks like a fantastic base if it is all legit.

I hope it had a G-50 

and @Comяad1991 .. did you buy this or car got your tongue