Anyone in the PFA besides myself heading up from Melb to Wodonga in March for this Porsche event. I am looking for a small group to get together for some drives to go up and while up there, to link in with the activities ?

Trip Up - looking at 400 km 5hr30m drive time with stop for mid morning break and lunch another 1hr15m. Leave time at 7am to get out of town before traffic should have us there at leisurely pace through scenic windy back roads before 3pm . Start point TBA to those nominating (maybe Nunawading) but want to keep it a reasonably small group.

Cheers, Mark.

Going - Mark, crsedge, Dalai

9 hours ago, 9fan said:

Anyone in the PFA besides myself heading up to Wodonga in March for this Porsche event. I am looking for a small group to get together for some drives to go up and while up there, to link in with the activities ?

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, we will be coming over on the Thursday night boat, so getting in Friday morning, similar to my trip for C&C.  Not sure my wife would appreciate that drive up from Lilydale though, so we may take a more direct route.  However, happy to hear about any plans so we can discuss what may please the Boss!!  The other Tassie guys coming over have, I believe, shopping plans for Friday before they come up later in  the day.  I'll suggest to Simon that we have breakfast at Duttons though

13 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mark, we will be coming over on the Thursday night boat, so getting in Friday morning, similar to my trip for C&C.  Not sure my wife would appreciate that drive up from Lilydale though, so we may take a more direct route.  However, happy to hear about any plans so we can discuss what may please the Boss!!  The other Tassie guys coming over have, I believe, shopping plans for Friday before they come up later in  the day.  I'll suggest to Simon that we have breakfast at Duttons though

Mate, Will be more cruisey this this time but I am planning some scenic drives with lots of curves, will give you a call.

13 hours ago, michel said:

I might also need a few drivers as I’m likely to bring a couple extra cars  down so if anyone short a car ..get In touch 

74 targa 

944turbo 

@Port 911 and maybe one other 

Hi Michel

some of the others in my group are @whiteshark  & @sus911

On 27/01/2021 at 16:02, Dalai said:

Mark, I'll be up from Friday till the Monday.

Current plan if the weather is good to take the back roads to Albury leaving early on the Friday. Keen to join a drive or two on the Saturday or Sunday.

My plan exactly,  with plan will PM later.

15 hours ago, reedminor said:

Heading up from Melbourne on the Friday ... like others avoiding the freeway 

9 hours ago, Sorude said:

I'm going.

I think a few of us are driving up on Friday and coordinating a group if you're interested?

Will PM with plan later. 🙃

I liken this to the great migratory southern passages of the humpback as it passes down the east coast of Australia...

because the journeys just as important as getting therre, those interested Could meet up at either Goulburn or Yass on way through . Some pleasurable roads to get there on without the inane  boredom of the Hume

19 hours ago, 9fan said:

My plan exactly,  with plan will PM later.

Will PM with plan later. 🙃

Great - a back road drive but still relatively direct route would be wonderful.

We moved to Melbourne from Sydney 5 years ago - and I look at these drives as both enjoyable and educational - the really sublime roads (and Victoria has many) I make a mental note of.

JR

28 minutes ago, reedminor said:

I was planning Reefton Spur to Marysville - Eildon Jamieson Rd through to Mansfield - Mansfield Whitfield Rd to outskirts Wangaratta. If not too tired or running out of time continue via Beechworth. Big day but brilliant roads!

3 hours ago, reedminor said:

What car are you taking up ?

3 hours ago, crsedge said:

Hi Mark,

As discussed, I am heading up on the Friday as well and keen to avoid the rat race on a Friday.

Cheers

Craig

Will let you know 🙃

17 hours ago, Dalai said:

I was planning Reefton Spur to Marysville - Eildon Jamieson Rd through to Mansfield - Mansfield Whitfield Rd to outskirts Wangaratta. If not too tired or running out of time continue via Beechworth. Big day but brilliant roads!

Have done those roads but on separate runs / days....

too big a day I think, I’ll have the bride with me.... and we’re going to be driving all weekend.

14 hours ago, 9fan said:

What car are you taking up ?

Will let you know 🙃

Green Carrera 3.0

What are everyone's thoughts on trying to create a big convoy with those heading from say Newcastle collecting those on central coast, collecting those in Sydney, collecting those on south coast/canberra, etc...?

I'm personally in two minds - it could be awesome, or it could end in a shit storm! 🙃 

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, BRU said:

What are everyone's thoughts on trying to create a big convoy with those heading from say Newcastle collecting those on central coast, collecting those in Sydney, collecting those on south coast/canberra, etc...?

I'm personally in two minds - it could be awesome, or it could end in a shit storm! 🙃 

Thoughts?

Or an awesome shitstorm !!!!🤓

everybody gotta be part of a CONVOY  Once in their lives 

And once there’s enough , can meet up Goulburn or Yass . From their can make some decisions based on real numbers , which of the great. B roads to travel on to arrive 

Just now, michel said:

Or an awesome shitstorm !!!!🤓

everybody gotta be part of a CONVOY  Once in their lives 

And once there’s enough , can meet up Goulburn or Yass . From their can make some decisions based on real numbers , which of the great. B roads to travel on to arrive 

brilliant! I'm just about to post another thread to try and coordinate a NSW convoy, stay tuned.. 

10 minutes ago, BRU said:

brilliant! I'm just about to post another thread to try and coordinate a NSW convoy, stay tuned.. 

25 minutes ago, 9fan said:

VIC drivers see topic update at top of first page.

Mark, we're probably looking to leave mid-morning given not sure what time the Spirit will arrive and off load.

Perhaps there might be another group looking to head up later??