993 sale prices circa 2005?

It's a 1994 C2 manual & had approx 140km when I bought it....that was high KM at the time but it was a locally delivered car, great colour (special order metallic black on black) & had full service history. I looked for about 12 months to find it & at the time felt the price was about right (market was 60-80 pending condition & configuration). Hope that helps....

Cheers,

Matt

4 hours ago, MR901 said:

It's a 1994 C2 manual & had approx 140km when I bought it....that was high KM at the time but it was a locally delivered car, great colour (special order metallic black on black) & had full service history. I looked for about 12 months to find it & at the time felt the price was about right (market was 60-80 pending condition & configuration). Hope that helps....

Cheers,

Matt

16 years later, I paid double for a C2 manual with 130,000 km, 😫

2 hours ago, wegentop said:

16 years later, I paid double for a C2 manual with 130,000 km, 😫

If it makes you feel better I sold a 911E for $12,750, a 912 for $21,000 & a 76 Carrera for $49,000. I also turned down a mint 3.0 Turbo for $45,000 & an Australian delivered 73 2.7 RS for $280,000 because I thought it was a stupid amount of money & no Porsche would ever be worth that 😳 I think we all have lots of these stories....ha ha....love, money & cars never run on time !!!

13 minutes ago, MR901 said:

If it makes you feel better I sold a 911E for $12,750, a 912 for $21,000 & a 76 Carrera for $49,000. I also turned down a mint 3.0 Turbo for $45,000 & an Australian delivered 73 2.7 RS for $280,000 because I thought it was a stupid amount of money & no Porsche would ever be worth that 😳 I think we all have lots of these stories....ha ha....love, money & cars never run on time !!!

I felt a lot better now😂

1 hour ago, MR901 said:

an Australian delivered 73 2.7 RS for $280,000 because I thought it was a stupid amount of money & no Porsche would ever be worth that 😳 

A friend bought a 73 2.7 RS new, tourist delivery from factory. It was pampered and, even then, he was "going to keep it forever".

He had a lot of fun out of it, but I heard he sold it about a decade later for $100K, which was big money in those days.

I suppose if he put it all into the Melbourne property market he would probably still be in front? 

10 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

And let's not forget when the 964 was so unpopular you could barely give them away.  I remember a Porsche dealer telling me they didn't want to take a 964 Turbo as a trade-in because they were too hard to sell.

What was the reason they were so unloved back then?

1 hour ago, JWM said:

What was the reason they were so unloved back then?

The same reason that the 996 was so hated .. it was a change from the “traditional” 911 ...

Different body, suspension and it wasn’t an impact bumper 911.

When the 996 was released, everyone realised that the 964 was a far closer relation to the G series than these monstrosities, so we’ll hate them instead ..

Now look whose laughing ... both 964 and 996 owners!! 😅

3 hours ago, tomo said:

Thanks Tomo.  

I had trouble opening the attachment, so thought i would share the web link I searched and found.

https://www.pca.org/news/2017-11-17/model-guide-type-964-new-911-classic-looks

• 2 weeks later...

I paid $105k (asking 110) for a 94 993 in 2004 from a luxury dealer. Standard spec, manual, silver with blue trim and 50,000 kms.

I sold it for $80k to the local Porsche Centre 2 years later. Lost my job and as it was a business use vehicle I needed to exit quickly so did not advertise. By memory they advertised it in the 90's.