modding 997

Mondo74

Consider shocks, (are you just chasing the look - or perhaps some extra corner carving) Depending on the intended use of the car, will determine the amount of lowering you 'need' and whether the extra spend is required. I'd be tempted to also change out the strut tops and look closely at the lower control arms. 

otherwise - enjoy :) 

On 22/10/2021 at 13:01, P-Kay said:

Consider shocks, (are you just chasing the look - or perhaps some extra corner carving) Depending on the intended use of the car, will determine the amount of lowering you 'need' and whether the extra spend is required. I'd be tempted to also change out the strut tops and look closely at the lower control arms. 

otherwise - enjoy :) 

I'm doing it for cosmetics. Base 997 and just seems too high. Def enjoy spirited driving,hoping shocks are still good. If not will be regretting not going directly to coil overs lol.

10 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

I'm doing it for cosmetics

I'm with you, the standard car is about 100mm too high in my opinion, well at least 75mm. My personal opinion is that coil overs are overkill for the road, but horses for courses :) I am also of the opinion that you will not regret swapping out the springs. Pics before and after please ;) 

2 hours ago, Billecartz said:

Here's my 997 S, lowered, different wheels, Moshammer bod kit, tuned and full Fab Speed X pipe and header system. I hope this is food for thought.

IMG_7928.jpg

Aaah, I wondered if this car would show up here 😁 👍

On 03/11/2021 at 20:57, Billecartz said:

Here's my 997 S, lowered, different wheels, Moshammer bod kit, tuned and full Fab Speed X pipe and header system. I hope this is food for thought.

IMG_7928.jpgthat is beautiful! I have the ducktail and did look at the moshammer front lip. What wheels are they?

They are Roderick wheels from the US, I don't think they sell. this style in these sizes anymore.

On 06/11/2021 at 07:43, MFX said:

Nice subtle signature @Billecartz 😜 

Thanks, Bille is actually my last name so I made it work. 😁

I have actually used Billecart racing when I did Dutton tarmac rally years ago.

24 minutes ago, Billecartz said:

They are Roderick wheels from the US, I don't think they sell. this style in these sizes anymore.

Thanks, Bille is actually my last name so I made it work. 😁

I have actually used Billecart racing when I did Dutton tarmac rally years ago.

It is more referring to the huge pictures under every post ;)

Where depends on so many things:

East Coast Suspension is highly recommended

Autohaus Hamilton knows porsches extremely well and if you need extra parts is likely to have them on hand

Autowerks on the Central Coast is my new place to go, they are close to me sure, but man they know their stuff.

• 2 months later...
On 03/11/2021 at 20:57, Billecartz said:

IMG_7928.jpg

Hey

Total newbie here but have just bought a 2009 997.2 and am thinking about trying to make it look a little more aggressive e.g. new bumper, lower it, skirts etc.

I've had this Moshammer kit mentioned to me - do you know where this one was installed / good places where it could be?

Thanks

Rich