Cup Car Ownership

mjp88

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

*cough* lotus exige 

or a Yaris GR. I like driving it on track as I wouldn’t be financially in a giant hole if I punt it into a wall. 

I once saw an Exige running in prodsports lunch a motor whilst unloading from the trailer at SMSP. 

They installed the spare motor which blew in qualifying. 

The spare spare motor then went boom in race 1. 

After that they packed up and went home…

23 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I once saw an Exige running in prodsports lunch a motor whilst unloading from the trailer at SMSP. 

They installed the spare motor which blew in qualifying. 

The spare spare motor then went boom in race 1. 

After that they packed up and went home…

Thankfully I think they share an engine with a Camry so replacements cost about $4.50 :) 

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

radicals - fast, low weight, cheap parts. Proper track car

I race against radicals , sorry nothing cheap about them and parts and repairs can only be sourced through Radial themselves .

Those of us that are owner drivers , really dislike the Radical rental crowd , none of them can drive and want to run into everyone else :Beer:

4 hours ago, Raven said:

I race against radicals , sorry nothing cheap about them and parts and repairs can only be sourced through Radial themselves .

Those of us that are owner drivers , really dislike the Radical rental crowd , none of them can drive and want to run into everyone else :Beer:

I have a Radical that I am rebuilding for exactly this reason..

6 minutes ago, 911CSR said:

I have a Radical that I am rebuilding for exactly this reason..

I have a Stohr ...are Radical being reasonable about you rebuilding one of their cars , I was always under the impression they were controlling and did not like anyone doing things themselves or getting someone other than Radical to do the work on their cars ,,,or has this changed now there are so many used cars available ..

7 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Thankfully I think they share an engine with a Camry so replacements cost about $4.50 :) 

Surprised the 2GR isn't reliable. If I wasn't getting a 5S-GTE built for my MR2 (stronger 5S-FE block from a Camry, modded 3S-GTE head and forged internals running flex fuel) I'd consider a modified 2GR V6. Popular engine swap for those keeping it in the family. Otherwise people K swap...

My MR2 was bought as a cheap track hack. Bought for sub $10K with 240 RWHP so theoretically cheap and potentially fast enough for my first track car. As per Hugh's equation, current engine rebuild validates pick two... ;)

On 23/12/2021 at 18:30, Raven said:

I have a Stohr ...are Radical being reasonable about you rebuilding one of their cars , I was always under the impression they were controlling and did not like anyone doing things themselves or getting someone other than Radical to do the work on their cars ,,,or has this changed now there are so many used cars available ..

Didn't really ask them in all honesty. If worst comes and they won;t let it run in Radical events, will just use it as a track car and go from there. We are fully re-wiring the car and building an Emtron ECU patch harness.

6 hours ago, 911CSR said:

Didn't really ask them in all honesty. If worst comes and they won;t let it run in Radical events, will just use it as a track car and go from there. We are fully re-wiring the car and building an Emtron ECU patch harness.

There are other events you would be able to get involved in EG Super sprinting or the Pro sport and Super sports series those cater for car like the radicals ..

I registered My Stohr for the State supersprint series and my Clubman car for the Clubman series ..