She's Ready To Go Back In....Hooray..!!!

Jimmy

Well here she is, ready to go back in....

It has seemed forever, should have her back by the end of the week.

2013-03-04131311_zpsf8084c82.jpg

2013-03-04130610_zps789da39c.jpg

2013-03-04131132_zps00a3f5cc.jpg

2013-03-04130807_zps1ce76d04.jpg

2013-03-04130928_zps8f33017a.jpg

And the before shots

5Engine2013-02-20101231Small_zps222a3781

6Engine2013-02-20101210Small_zps871025c9

2Engine2013-02-20101258Small_zps4e42c09b

Engine22013-02-13075719_zps15bf8e05.jpg

Engine12013-02-13075730_zps733329b2.jpg

The GT3 back from Clipsal which James the owner of PCB was driving in.

2013-03-04131035_zpsa90b0311.jpg

Excellent news Jim.  In the first photo, the perspective of the shot makes the engine look too big to possibly fit in your 996!

Good to see they let you in to have a sticky beak on the progress of the build. Cool to have photos of it too :)

Excellent news Jim.  In the first photo, the perspective of the shot makes the engine look too big to possibly fit in your 996!

Good to see they let you in to have a sticky beak on the progress of the build. Cool to have photos of it too :)

Yes big engine into what seems like a not big car.

Hey Jim, Good luck with it.  Don't forget to run it in.

No chasing 968CS's in the first few weeks!!!!

Thanks Garry.

They said no need to run in as its still the same engine that's already bedded in.

The only new parts are the gaskets, seals, timing chains and the clutch.

What are others opinions on this,

should I take it easy for the first 2000 km's

I was at PCB this morning and saw your car on the hoist. I didnt make the connection till now.............

Good luck with it I am sure you are itching to give it a blast with that nice new exchaust too.......

Thanks Garry.

They said no need to run in as its still the same engine that's already bedded in.

The only new parts are the gaskets, seals, timing chains and the clutch.

What are others opinions on this, should I take it easy for the first 2000 km's

Isn't a break in more for cylinders sleeves to bed in (could be wrong here - I'm in IT not a mechanic :) )? Your engine should already be beyond that. I guess it would be good to be cautious to make sure everything else went in right, but I hazard a guess that would be found out pretty quickly.........

Isn't a break in more for cylinders sleeves to bed in (could be wrong here - I'm in IT not a mechanic :) )? Your engine should already be beyond that. I guess it would be good to be cautious to make sure everything else went in right, but I hazard a guess that would be found out pretty quickly.........

Thanks Arthur,

I cant wait just to hear the sound of the new exhaust, it also has the option of simple decating

I might take it easy for the first 1500 - 2000 km's just to be on the safe side.

Did you hear that THEO decat, we'll see who can set off the most car alarms...Lol

Thanks Arthur,

I cant wait just to hear the sound of the new exhaust, it also has the option of simple decating

I might take it easy for the first 1500 - 2000 km's just to be on the safe side.

Did you hear that THEO decat, we'll see who can set off the most car alarms...Lol

JIm,

I suspect that "taking it easy for the first 1500-2000 km's" should take you all of one weekend...!!!

I suspect one certain owner of a white 993 may be looking for another exhaust.... :ph34r:

I suspect "taking it easy for 1500-2000Kms" for bedding in may be because there may be small differences in clearances that need wearing in.

Seals and gaskets need to settle as well, before you ring its neck.

Have fun.

JIm,

I suspect that "taking it easy for the first 1500-2000 km's" should take you all of one weekend...!!!

I suspect one certain owner of a white 993 may be looking for another exhaust.... :ph34r:

Yes you're probably right, I'll be in it more than out.

Why would Theo be looking for a new exhaust, I thought he was pretty happy with it.

I was at PCB this morning and saw your car on the hoist. I didnt make the connection till now.............

Good luck with it I am sure you are itching to give it a blast with that nice new exchaust too.......

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your comments.

What time were you at PCB today ?

I was there between 10.30 to 11.30am with my daughter who was on crutches.

Pitty I missed you, would have been good to meet you.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

It would definitely need a run in. Better to be cautious on these things for the first few hundred Kms at least. I imagine they put in new rings etc. Looks to me to be a top end rebuild which is what I had done to my 930. I ran mine in on a drive up to warrigal one sunday morning. good freeway run so i could go up and down the speeds and not sit at the one speed for too long.

Looks great. Looking forward to hearing it.

C

Hi Jim,

It would definitely need a run in. Better to be cautious on these things for the first few hundred Kms at least. I imagine they put in new rings etc. Looks to me to be a top end rebuild which is what I had done to my 930. I ran mine in on a drive up to warrigal one sunday morning. good freeway run so i could go up and down the speeds and not sit at the one speed for too long.

Looks great. Looking forward to hearing it.

C

Hi Chris,

Didn't need new rings as they were fine,

the new parts were gaskets, seals, timing chains and the clutch but will take it easy at the start.

Thanks

Jim

Jim , great news.

I would be endeavouring to

- Vary the revs and avoid staying at one level of revs for an extended length of time ie: don't sit on 100km/h cruise.

- Keep Revs below 4k for the first 1k km's.

- Avoid labouring the engine ie: don't short shift and sit in too higher gear.

Hard to labour one of these though. Nail it in 6th at 50km/h and it will take off without much fuss...........until 3500 rpm then you get a nice big visit from Mr McBoost.

I share your excitement about getting it back!!

Jim , great news.

I would be endeavouring to

- Vary the revs and avoid staying at one level of revs for an extended length of time ie: don't sit on 100km/h cruise.

- Keep Revs below 4k for the first 1k km's.

- Avoid labouring the engine ie: don't short shift and sit in too higher gear.

Hard to labour one of these though. Nail it in 6th at 50km/h and it will take off without much fuss...........until 3500 rpm then you get a nice big visit from Mr McBoost.

I share your excitement about getting it back!!

Thanks Steve,

Taking all on board,

will try my best to refrain from opening up too much even though it will be 5 weeks since last driving her.

Jim 

Yes you're probably right, I'll be in it more than out.

Why would Theo be looking for a new exhaust, I thought he was pretty happy with it.

Don't tempt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived