992 S/T - first reviews

WGA

PCB sales guy told me he got one for a client (of 3 they might get in total) and order was circa $800k.  Utterly ridiculous.  I think the dude in the video is being kind because they shouted him a trip to Italy.

@WGAI have absolutely no doubt you would not trade your 992 GT3T and 4RS for an S/T 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, DJM said:

PCB sales guy told me he got one for a client (of 3 they might get in total) and order was circa $800k.  Utterly ridiculous.  I think the dude in the video is being kind because they shouted him a trip to Italy.

@WGAI have absolutely no doubt you would not trade your 992 GT3T and 4RS for an S/T 🤷‍♂️

True...but I am still tempted by the car as I am sure many others will be. While the initial purchase price is high, it's not a great concern because it will no doubt be a $1m car on the used market within a couple of years.

Happiness, isn’t that what we are chasing? Or are we just kids watching a Kellogg’s commercial in the morning before school, instead being told what the marketing team has thunk up for the share holders to be happy, for a further moment. 

I think the plot was lost back with the 996 and early 997. Future value, man, sounds so wrong. Future fun, future drives, future memories, future friends of common interest of such. 

Forgive me. I don’t think anyone is getting excited anymore. No one is getting happier, they have been told to think they need more, but I cannot see that it is.

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

I think the plot was lost back with the 996 and early 997. Future value, man, sounds so wrong. Future fun, future drives, future memories, future friends of common interest of such. 

Forgive me. I don’t think anyone is getting excited anymore. No one is getting happier, they have been told to think they need more, but I cannot see that it is.

Perfect 👍

4 hours ago, WGA said:

True...but I am still tempted by the car as I am sure many others will be. While the initial purchase price is high, it's not a great concern because it will no doubt be a $1m car on the used market within a couple of years.

If you can get one buy it. I can’t see you losIng money so you essentially get to enjoy the car for next to nothing.