Adelaide Motorsport Festival 2024

Dalai

Anyone going this year?

I've just booked my flights and hotel for the weekend 15-17 March mainly because of one car attending -the Mazda 787B 4 rotor Group C car.

I'm landing early Friday morning. Plan is breakfast then checking out Richmond's. That evening check out the street parade. Then attending both Saturday and Sunday before flying home late Sunday.

Thanks, should be good.

Unfortunately I still haven't got the historic Formula Vee and myself ready to race as planned, so only spectating again at Phillip Island historics the weekend prior. But couple of great weekends on the cards!  😄

Enjoy mate. Personally even as a local, it's one of, if not THE best events as a spectator you could hope to be at if you're into cars n bikes. I hope to be there, and will contact you to catch up if possible.

As you probably know, it's basically half the Adelaide 500 track, yet you have mostly free rein to get up close and check out everything there on the infield, and barring any incidents there is usually something on track all day. I didn't attend the last one that had rain for a day, yet those I spoke to just didn't care about the weather at all, as they were over the moon with the whole event.

I told Ron Goodman at the Adelaide 500 he should enter and bring some of his amazing toys, yet sadly I think it was too late to organise.

Simon @spiller will be there in his 996 cup car, and a mate who is an Isle of Man star (Davo Johnson) will hopefully be on track on one of his bikes, so I'm sure you'll have a great time

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LeeM said:

So whaddya think of the show @Dalai

Brilliant event Lee.

Great mix of vehicles and motorbikes, so something for everyone.  

Nice location and so easy to get to and around also. Would recommend and will attend again.

Those F1 cars sounded so good!

Crap photo of @spiller on track

20240316_114312.jpg

Make no mistake, the driver of this fast little weapon, Bernie Stack, does not take any prisoners! Although it's basically a rolling museum display with no actual 'racing', to watch ol Bernie not giving an inch to a quick 996 was a sight to behold. He doesn't give a f..k what you drive, so you'd better be up for it 😅

20240316_114306.thumb.jpg.671346f9d6b197fbddadb6a0b2e90dc9.jpg

Hey @LeeM…. We were down there yesterday…. Great event, just keeps getting better.  Good to see plenty of Pcars around, including 996 GT3s.  

Pretty surprised however that there was no Porsche tent or set-up, given that pretty much every other decent brand was represented in some way…. Even Honda had a decent set-up.  Pretty poor effort by local Porsche dealer. 

Great day out though with plenty of amazing machinery to drool over.  

Hey @Rick V I was there till 2pm yesterday mate. Great event, though I think I'll hire a gopher next time, as my knee left the chat at midday 😅🙄

Yeah agree re the Porsche representation when they have a stand alone on track Porsche display, and the iconic 956 and 962 Porsches in attendance, yet sadly are we that surprised with APC not joining in? 🙄

Zagame must have spent a fortune putting that building up...and BMW

20 hours ago, Dalai said:

Brilliant event Lee.

Great mix of vehicles and motorbikes, so something for everyone.  

Nice location and so easy to get to and around also. Would recommend and will attend again.

Those F1 cars sounded so good!

Must make it for next year too!!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Zagame must have spent a fortune putting that building up...and BMW

Yes, that was an impressive effort for 2 Days.  Seems there’s no shortage of demand though….. apparently the Pagani tent was $1,000 a day…. And totally sold out!

That said, no need to go corporate there …. Heaps on offer in General Admission, and easy to get up close to cars and celebs…. Met Liam Lawson 😁

You know how some people like to feel important @Rick V

Only costs them a grand a day to get smashed on 3 glasses of Riesling, then turn into a bogan in air cond comfort 👍😅  

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Must make it for next year too!!

You'd love it Pete