Morning - New Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm a 356 / 912 fan - got the former (356B T6 S90) and wife wants the latter - which is nice... :D

Into VWs too.

I work for Pitstop Publishing in QLD - hence the username - we produce VW & Porsche e-mags. Wahoo!

Rebuilding the S90 at the moment. Had it for a few years.

Will post some pics if appropriate here? :unsure:

Pitstop Paul

Well, as you can see from the avatar it's a '20 paces' car. This is how is was the day I picked it up.

Piss poor LHD to RHD conversion, stuffed engine, stuffed brakes, stuffed interior and quite a few bits missing.

Got the bonnet though!

More pics to follow.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Well, as you can see from the avatar it's a '20 paces' car. This is how is was the day I picked it up.

Piss poor LHD to RHD conversion, stuffed engine, stuffed brakes, stuffed interior and quite a few bits missing.

Got the bonnet though!

More pics to follow.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Welcome Paul. Is it going to be a full back to original resto? Your cars sounds like a candidate for a bit of outlaw action. Just keep it away from Uncle ;)

Guys, been away from the forum for a while with work commitments. And to answer Doish13's question - yes, a digital Porsche magazine is on its way.

My T6 will probably end up Outlawish. RHD conversion's almost complete (pedals need finishing) and the wiring's next. Busted engine's on the stand (it's only a 75 horse from another car) although I've got a mate who has a 1720 in bits that he reckons he could throw together for me.

Trans is out. Just for a clean up. Never had the car running so no idea if it crunches. Was talking to a well respected engine and gearbox builder from the States who was down in Sydney for Rennsport and around 150hp seems the most these boxes will take abuse from. Hopefully mine's a good un then.

Brakes are going to be original drums (with luck). Yes, I know discs are superior but it's the look, isn't it?

Now for some pics. Can't take any where it is now - can't move it obviously. I'll dig out some old shots - body hasn't changed at all.

Tried giving all you guys a green tick but there's a limit per day. Please don't feel left out if I appear to have missed you. Was working my way backwards when the 'error' notice appeared. One can never give too much thanks in a day - obviously... :blink:

I note pics need to be uploaded to a URL. Doh!

Kombi's the real deal mate. Pic makes it look like a panel though. Weird. Has the slots for the semaphores - covered by the post. Front flasher holes made by previous owner need to go. Another project to do or swap for something else. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived