Nice 993 in QLD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about you guys, but if you're selling a car, not your photography skills. nice looking car but yes lacking proper interior shots and boot and engine shots. 

I think the 3.6 speedlines suit the older porsches. 930, 964, any 993. 944s and the 986 boxter.  

He's added some more photos and increased the price from $82k to $87,500!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-2193663/?Cr=33

It didn't sell for $82,000.

It didn't sell for $87,500. 

So what would you do next?

Increase the price to $89,500.  It's sure to sell now!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-2193663/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

The only logical reason I can think to do this is there were a few issues picked up in a PPI or servicing and he has had them fixed and added the cost to the price. Wouldn't be the first person trying to sell a Porsche I have seen do that in the last few weeks.

Watch the price go up again when he has to register it in January.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sick!!!

Sorry Tony, but I thought this had come off the market, never to be seen again.

It was for sale last year and I remember because the yellow/green/woodgrain combination is etched into my brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would give them $30K, strip out the carpet and woodgrain, and paint the leather and plastics black...........Or is that still too much?

I feel sick!!!

Sorry Tony, but I thought this had come off the market, never to be seen again.

It was for sale last year and I remember because the yellow/green/woodgrain combination is etched into my brain!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would give them $30K, strip out the carpet and woodgrain, and paint the leather and plastics black...........Or is that still too much?

How much did they want for it back then? Seems pretty cheap despite the noted issues and interior

very good price.. with those k's, wonder if it might need a rebuild. There is an Arena Red one at a similar price on carsales that needs a rebuild though

Price seems fair indeed.

Did you have a look at the Arena Red one Tony?

Price seems fair indeed.

Did you have a look at the Arena Red one Tony?

I only went as far as speaking to the owner and Autohaus Hamilton who did an inspection on the car for the owner prior to sale.

Just would have been too costly to get it sorted so left it at that. Speaking to Autohaus, add around another $20k to the purchase price

• 3 weeks later...

HI gents, I'm new here :) Thanks for having me on board.

What are people's thoughts on this car which has been discussed intermittently:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/SSE-AD-1126386/?Cr=10

Is the owner on this forum? I agree- the photos aren't top notch. I seem to gather it's been sold (from posts on Page 2) and now it's back on sale again? Or has it always been on sale?

I note it's a UK import with a fair bit of work done to it whilst it was over there. I presume they missed out on some options? Like the premium audio/speakers, full electric seats, leather dash

I haven't spoken to the owner- but things I've noticed from the photos:

speaker grille on drivers door

? crack in the windscreen seen from one of the interior shots

It may be me- but the steering wheel is mounted upside down?? The one with the door open- the steering wheel is straight but the front wheels are centred 

Is this car too good to be true? 

cp5363360420044063955.jpg?height=700&asp

cp5004011195903513140.jpg?height=700&asp

cp4777441466862044370.jpg?height=700&asp

Archived